InitTool 1.1 Development Release Build 5

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

InitTool 1.1 Development Release Build 5

Post by jay »

Init Tool build 5 is now available. This build just fixed bugs. It also contains support to allow IT to run on a Mac w/ Java 6 installed. Here's the change log:
  • Fixed problem where manual initiative wasn't configured correctly
  • Removed old code that caused manual init to be shown twice
  • Added Init modifier display prop and show it to the user in manual init dialog and the default index card.
  • Split out game settings editor to be its own tool.
  • Fixed weirdness with exit working on GT & IT at the same time instead of when they were closed by the user like it should have been.
  • Added 1st cut at GURPS support
  • Fixed bug where change to custom prop wasn't causing save on exit.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

This may have been posted elsewhere but I haven't seen it or been able to find it.

Back when I used to use Maptools 1.2 I was able to drag and drop into maptools from init tools, however now that I've been using 1.3 (currently B35 I'm playing with) I don't seem to be able to do this.

Is this still supported?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Welcome to the forums jsharen!

Trevor and I have managed to break drag and drop between the two tools. I'll make sure it is working between MT 1.3 and IT 1.1 before MT 1.3 goes final. In the mean time, this version of IT can export RPToken files which can be dragged and dropped on to MT.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I must be doing something wrong, I am trying to drag a token file onto maptools and it looks like it will work, then it just goes away.

No token added.

Any idea's on what I'm doing wrong?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

MT doesn't support drag-n-drop of token files yet.

Place the tokens in a directory that is included in your Resource Library in MapTool.

Ully
Kobold

Post by Ully »

After deleting the contents of the .inittoolDbg directory, InitTool 1.1b5 is running on my Mac. Thanks, Jay!

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I've done that as well Phergus, it shows up in Maptools on the explorer, but when I try to do something with it, the only option I get is New Map.

If the entire functionality is just not ready yet, thats fine. Unfortunately until it is all this wonderful new functionality in Init tools is going to go to waste for me at least as the main attraction for me is the ability to bring stuff over to Maptools (even via a work around instead of drag and drop directly from one tool to the other).

Another thing I noticed Jay is that previous versions of Init tools had the stats database populated and it seems to be empty. Is this just because it hasn't been transported over to the new version? Or have I missed something I should have done?

Jared

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

jsharen wrote:I've done that as well Phergus, it shows up in Maptools on the explorer, but when I try to do something with it, the only option I get is New Map.
If it shows up in your Resource Library just drag it onto your map from there.

I recommend going through Brad's excellent video tutorials for MapTool.

http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jsharen wrote:I must be doing something wrong, I am trying to drag a token file onto maptools and it looks like it will work, then it just goes away.

No token added.

I fixed this once, I'll look into it and see if I can find the prolem.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jsharen wrote:I must be doing something wrong, I am trying to drag a token file onto maptools and it looks like it will work, then it just goes away.

No token added.

I was able to drag the rptok files on to maptool. I fixed this awhile back. Are you getting an exception?

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

jsharen wrote:Another thing I noticed Jay is that previous versions of Init tools had the stats database populated and it seems to be empty. Is this just because it hasn't been transported over to the new version? Or have I missed something I should have done?
That appears to be a bug. I'll see if I can fix it for the next release.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Yes when I save the rptok file it comes up and says:

Unexpected error in file 'C:\users\blah blah blah\token.rptok'

I entered the token completely in init tools, and everything works as long as I leave it purely in Init tools.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Could you send me the encounter or group file from Init Tool that has the bad token in it? Maybe I can figure out the problem using that. Just email it to me.

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

I've sent the group file through to you Jay.

Thanks for the quick responses!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I've found the bug and I'll get it fixed in the next release. Thank you for your help jsharen!

Return to “Announcements”