MapTool 1.3 Development Build 36

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

trevor wrote: and somehow a bit of that code snook in, darnit).
Ah, highly trained ninja code. That explains it.

Any luck with the case insensitivity? I'm guess not, but it seems like that would be neat. I know I've jacked a couple of macros up with case.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I'm probably the exception, but this little bug actually worked to my favor, as I changed several of the formulas for my game. :) Although, now that I have them changed, it will be nice to have the new version so that they stay "saved". 8)

When I think back to what MT was "back" in the 1.1 days compared to now, and how quickly it has evolved........just.......WOW! :shock: Absolutely amazing Trevor! And thanks to all of those who have putched in to make the evolution even quicker! :)
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:When I think back to what MT was "back" in the 1.1
Heh, 1.1 is the Stone Age, even 1.2 is the Dark Ages. Time for a New Dawn !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

OK, here's what I've got so far:

* Fix bug: an invalid repository location can throw exceptions when loading a campaign
* Fix bug: token properties are not showing up from previous campaigns
* Fix bug: edit token macro form is missing (Contributed by Ryss)
* Fix bug: saved campaigns are not storing custom token state images
* Fix bug: saved campaigns are not storing lookup table images

Could those of you that are have the source code and are able please do an update and check ?

Micco
Giant

Post by Micco »

I am using it now to prep my next session (I just updated). I can confirm that bugs 2 and 3 appear to be squashed. I can't test Bug 1 or 5, but will check on bug 4 when I get to a good spot.

Everything seems to be working fine. I'm mashing it pretty hard building encounters and I'm not having any issues.

trevor

Post by trevor »

fantastic, thanks for the update micco

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

I think I've found a bug in the silent rolls code. Maybe.

I've got a thread going about the complicated stuff I'm trying to do, but I'm pretty sure it's not parsing all of the functions properly for macros.

Viz:

This works properly:

Code: Select all

[Roll=1d20]
[RDam=1d6]
[CDam=2d6]
[CritHit= min(1,max(0, Roll-14))]
[(1-CritHit)*RDam+ CritHit*CDam]
This does not:

{Roll=1d20}
{RDam=1d6}
{CDam=2d6}
{CritHit= min(1,max(0, Roll-14))}
{(1-CritHit)*RDam+ CritHit*CDam}
The first code produces appropriate output as expected, while the second code produces this:
{Roll=1d20}
{RDam=1d6}
{CDam=2d6}
I checked to be certain, and it seems to be the inclusion of the min/max functions that are causing the problems, but I'm not certain.

See this thread for further detail: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=53041#53041

Thanks.

EDITThis entire post is a mistake--This bug does not, in fact, exist. but head on over to that forum and see what's happening....It's some cool stuff with the silent rolls.
Last edited by Orchard on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Orchard wrote:I think I've found a bug in the silent rolls code. Maybe.

I've got a thread going about the complicated stuff I'm trying to do, but I'm pretty sure it's not parsing all of the functions properly for macros.

Viz:

This works properly:

[Roll=1d20]
[RDam=1d6]
[CDam=2d6]
[CritHit= min(1,max(0, Roll-14))]
[(1-CritHit)*RDam+ CritHit*CDam]
This does not:

{Roll=1d20}
{RDam=1d6}
{CDam=2d6}
The first code produces appropriate output as expected, while the second code produces this:
{Roll=1d20}
{RDam=1d6}
{CDam=2d6}
I checked to be certain, and it seems to be the inclusion of the min/max functions that are causing the problems, but I'm not certain.

See this thread for further detail: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=53041#53041

Thanks.
Well, it may be that the curlies are only designed to spit out the actual variables and NOT parse anything. Just put the variable you want to actually spit out the value of inside of the curlies and do everything else with normal squares....

if you could show us an example of the macro with the variables you want printed in bold, I am sure someone could help htmlify it for you so it hides everything you don't want shown.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

kat2cute
Dragon

Post by kat2cute »

Like the new {} syntax for use in the statsheet. However, the first time I tried to use it, it froze my computer!
AC: {10+Armor+Shield+DexAC+MiscAC+NaturalArmor}
I also had experienced nearly all of the token properties being wiped out and hadn't re-added them to the token yet before adding the {} to a property that derived from missing properties. An Input box popped up asking for the first Armor value when it froze. After hard-closing Maptool, restarting, and adding values back to the campaign property file and token- It worked fine. I tested it again by taking out one of the deriving properties (I blanked out Armor), and it didn't crash. Also tried removing a property from the campaign properties file again and couldn't get it to pop-up an input screen or crash because of the statsheet again. It didn't pop up the statsheet anymore though.

On a separate note, the Duplicate Selected Table button still doesn't work right. Instead of duplicating to make a second table, it overwrites the original table.
Quote from an underwater D&D fight:
Alright fighter, it's your turn. What do you do?
Fighter: What do you think I do? I FAIL MY F**KING SWIM CHECK

trevor

Post by trevor »

kat2cute wrote: On a separate note, the Duplicate Selected Table button still doesn't work right. Instead of duplicating to make a second table, it overwrites the original table.
Thanks for the reminder, this is fixed for b37

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

trevor wrote:OK, here's what I've got so far:

* Fix bug: an invalid repository location can throw exceptions when loading a campaign
* Fix bug: token properties are not showing up from previous campaigns
* Fix bug: edit token macro form is missing (Contributed by Ryss)
* Fix bug: saved campaigns are not storing custom token state images
* Fix bug: saved campaigns are not storing lookup table images

Could those of you that are have the source code and are able please do an update and check ?
The first and last seem to be fixed. If it can't find the repository it just gives you a message.

On the Edit Macro function, I changed the [] to {}. It saved the macro off but didn't reload it after the save so I got the same macro until I ran it from a right-click on the token. Then it seemed to load fine.

TheBard
Kobold

Post by TheBard »

Okay, seriously, RPTools rocks! I only wish I had better programming skills so I could contribute as well. Maybe I'll work on some images instead...

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

Ryss/trevor:
I noticed that if you already have a Token Impersonated, if you change the Name or GM Name of the token, the Macro Tabs and the Chat Window do not update. Then, if you add a token macro, the Token Panels will not update. Also, If you chat at that point, MT will continue to impersonate using the old name.

You have to stop impersonating and then impersonate the token for the changes to take affect. It is a minor thing, but I've not seen it commented on.

trevor:
I was wondering if some of the older chat commands might be cleaned up before 1.3 is released? I was testing the roll and chat commands in b36 with the {} and realized that if there was a /gmsecret chat command (instead of /rollsecret), then all of the /roll commands would no longer be necessary and eventually could be removed.

Most of the /roll commands give errors when text and/or [] and {} are included. For example, /rollsecret, /rollme, /rollgm allow clean output if only the die roll is used (ex: 1d20 +3). If the [], {}, or any extra text is added, it either errors completely or it throws up an 'Invalid expression' but also displays the roll.

/tsay also does not appear to work. There are no errors...just no output.
Last edited by RedDog on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

good thinking reddog

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

RedDog wrote:I noticed that if you already have a Token Impersonated, if you change the Name or GM Name of the token, the Macro Tabs and the Chat Window do not update. Then, if you add a token macro, the Token Panels will not update. Also, If you chat at that point, MT will continue to impersonate using the old name.

You have to stop impersonating and then impersonate the token for the changes to take affect. It is a minor thing, but I've not seen it commented on.
Thanks Red, I'm aware of this. In addition to that if you were to change the image of the token, those panels won't update themselves either. This is a limitation of the current design, which I'm going to improve.

Return to “Announcements”