MapTool 1.3 Development Build 38

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Naryt wrote:Nasty token bug reported: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=55015#55015

Quick summary:

If you update a token's properties via macro, no one sees the updated value until after YOU move the token. If someone else moves the token, the value is reset to what the other person was seeing.
Fortunately this is very easy to fix
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

jfrazierjr wrote:
Orchard wrote:what was I saying?
Not that it's THAT hard, but we know know of yet another way to derail Orchard....

BACON!!!!

:twisted:
Yeah, his players know this already...
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

BigO wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
Orchard wrote:what was I saying?
Not that it's THAT hard, but we know know of yet another way to derail Orchard....

BACON!!!!

:twisted:
Yeah, his players know this already...
heh..
Orchard: The goblin attacks and ....CRIT
Player: Hmmm..now where did I put that bacon??? Guys can you help me find it?
Player 2: I think it's over by the DM!
Player: I found it....munch munch...
Orchard: Now where was I? Did you guys kill the goblin yet?
Player: Yea, I critted on my long sword and he's dead.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Bacon, the Bane of GM's everywhere
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Bacon!

It's what's for dinner!

(no, really, I have had bacon for EVERY meal today. Freaking awesome, is what that is!).
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Kzintzi
Giant

Post by Kzintzi »

Possible Bug: Tokens with the same name but different GM names don't apply SELECTED macros to the token the macro is on - they apply to the first token with the name.

To replicate: Create token A called "Fred"; create a macro in the SELECTED panel (I used {HP=HP-Dam}); give a value to the HP property; give it a GM name (eg 40); copy the token (token B); give the new token a new GM name (eg 12) but leave the Name the same as Token A (ie Fred); run the macro on Token B and it will apply the changes to token A; change token B's name to john and the macro will work on the right token

Micco
Giant

Post by Micco »

Possible Bug: Tokens with the same name but different GM names don't apply SELECTED macros to the token the macro is on - they apply to the first token with the name.
Interesting. I'm finishing up coding some changes to the way new token's are named and I was just thinking that we should change the way we are referencing tokens. Instead of using the "public" name the way most code does now, I think it should use the "private" name (or GM name) as that is most likely to be unique.

Adopting that standard would make a ton of sense and would definitely effect how I code the new naming methods. I would force uniqueness for GM Names, but allow as many duplicate public Names as desired.

Just a thought. I'd love to hear feedback or thoughts on that as I'm finishing up the second version of the naming code this week.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Orchard wrote:Bacon!

It's what's for dinner!

(no, really, I have had bacon for EVERY meal today. Freaking awesome, is what that is!).
heh.. my brother is like that about cheese. We had one of those "great job" parties for team I was on at work on time on a Friday with a long weekend (some holiday on Monday.) So, on Tuesday (perhaps even Wednesday) he and I were walking to my desk from a meeting and there was some of the snacks left out on a table, including cheese cubes... of course... he gobbled several down. :roll:
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Kzintzi wrote:Possible Bug: Tokens with the same name but different GM names don't apply SELECTED macros to the token the macro is on - they apply to the first token with the name.

To replicate: Create token A called "Fred"; create a macro in the SELECTED panel (I used {HP=HP-Dam}); give a value to the HP property; give it a GM name (eg 40); copy the token (token B); give the new token a new GM name (eg 12) but leave the Name the same as Token A (ie Fred); run the macro on Token B and it will apply the changes to token A; change token B's name to john and the macro will work on the right token
not a bug... don't do that. I already asked... was told no. is bad for many reasons...

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I don't know if this is a bug, deliberate or an item in waiting

I cant seem to call a token property that's a name from a macro - I just get asked for the number that it should be (just the content of the property)

i.e.

My property for Armour is Jacket

so I put in the code

Code: Select all

/gm
Armour = {Armour}
but then I get a question box asking the value for Jacket
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

Micco
Giant

Post by Micco »

You'll need to put the text in the property in quotes (and add an extra space between the quotes and the actual letters since there <i>is</i> a bug with that.)

Example:

" Jacket " in a property called "Armor" will give:

{Armor} -> Jacket

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I hate it when I do that (and I have been a lot recently):

I run through testing all options, and miss a basic one, thinking I have done it.

Hopefully my brain will turn back on once the stress of getting my wife a visa is over
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Naryt wrote:
Naryt wrote:Nasty token bug reported: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=55015#55015

Quick summary:

If you update a token's properties via macro, no one sees the updated value until after YOU move the token. If someone else moves the token, the value is reset to what the other person was seeing.
UPDATE

State changes also force the update. It seems to me that we need a way to force the token to update via macros to fix this. No time to go code digging though. :(
thats a rather big bug and may account for some things we have been seeing. I think Trevor is aware of some of this funniness, but not 100%, so hopefully, he will pipe up when he reads this....

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

jfrazierjr wrote:
Naryt wrote:

Quick summary:

UPDATE

State changes also force the update. It seems to me that we need a way to force the token to update via macros to fix this. No time to go code digging though. :(
thats a rather big bug and may account for some things we have been seeing. I think Trevor is aware of some of this funniness, but not 100%, so hopefully, he will pipe up when he reads this....
Yeah, very wonky.
A wandering lost soul

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Micco wrote:You'll need to put the text in the property in quotes (and add an extra space between the quotes and the actual letters since there <i>is</i> a bug with that.)

Example:

" Jacket " in a property called "Armor" will give:

{Armor} -> Jacket
Hmmm, good point. I don't like that. I'll see about fixing it.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”