InitTool 1.1 Development Release Build 6

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I'd be willing to do that, and I'll tackle it if anyone wants, but granting others access to one's PHP scripts might be considered dangerous by some. I probably wouldn't be willing to do that for my own web site. :)

Zandari
Cave Troll

Post by Zandari »

Hello everyone, this is the first time I have really tried InitTool, although I am a huge fan of MT. I was just wondering, with all the discussion of creating a 4e dataset and all, what effect that will have on 3.5 development. Do folks feel like the 3.5 info is pretty complete?

Also, what are people's thoughts on tying the rptools suite to something similar to what orpg does, where you can export a pcgen character to xml, and orpg will (sort-of) fill in macros and the like from the xml.

It seems to me that one of the obstacles with bringing MT to the forefront is that everyone I talk to already has orpg character nodes, and those are pretty easy to generate, whether from scratch or from pcgen. I have tried to spread the word of MT where I can, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, and some of these orpg users are pretty old dogs.

Any ideas?

Zach

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Azhrei wrote:I'd be willing to do that, and I'll tackle it if anyone wants, but granting others access to one's PHP scripts might be considered dangerous by some. I probably wouldn't be willing to do that for my own web site. :)
That is giliath's work so you might want to ask him if it is ok. I think I can check in any changes you make, but I have no way to help you out with testing.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Zandari wrote:Hello everyone, this is the first time I have really tried InitTool, although I am a huge fan of MT. I was just wondering, with all the discussion of creating a 4e dataset and all, what effect that will have on 3.5 development. Do folks feel like the 3.5 info is pretty complete?
It is working for initiative, but I wouldn't say it is complete.
Zandari wrote:Also, what are people's thoughts on tying the rptools suite to something similar to what orpg does, where you can export a pcgen character to xml, and orpg will (sort-of) fill in macros and the like from the xml.
In the next builds of each, IT & CT will be able to export tokens that have all of the macros in place. The 4e game settings file is going to include a set of macros in its data and then export a relevant set of them to the token file.

Return to “Announcements”