MapTool 1.3 Development Build 40

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Full Bleed wrote: So, any plans for a new build soon?
I plan on doing a build tonight (8/25) or tmrw (8/26)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

nimbusaconflict
Kobold

Odd Bug

Post by nimbusaconflict »

I seem to have lost the ability to right click tokens. So how would i save one i have been working on? I went through all the hassle of figuring out how i was supposed to fix all my broken macros from b38 to b40. So now they all work, yay. But i can;t save the bloody token now to perserve the work, the closest i could do is save the campaign file.

fixed, i had to start a new campaign, and redo the work, but i was able to save it
Last edited by nimbusaconflict on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

lmarkus001 wrote:The state images are visible even if the token is not visible to the players. This is only an issue for exposed area of the map, but I had a case where a gnoll ran around behind a staircase, and the PCs could track his movement by watching his state images.
I wasn't able to recreate this problem. I just set a state on a token behind some VBL. The states aren't painted while the token is moving so tracking movement isn't possible. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying? Also, the states fill the square that holds the token. Could it be that your gnoll's token image wasn't visible but its square was visible? Because if any part of the square is visible and it contains a state image then that will be shown to the player.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

lmarkus001 wrote:Oh and I just about went blind (as the GM) because the opacity setting for the GM Fog really needs to be adjustable! Note this image which is a GM view...

I agree - semi-transparent FOW is useless unless there is a way to adjust the opacity. The default just doesn't work in the real world.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

jay wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:The state images are visible even if the token is not visible to the players. This is only an issue for exposed area of the map, but I had a case where a gnoll ran around behind a staircase, and the PCs could track his movement by watching his state images.
I wasn't able to recreate this problem. I just set a state on a token behind some VBL. The states aren't painted while the token is moving so tracking movement isn't possible. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying? Also, the states fill the square that holds the token. Could it be that your gnoll's token image wasn't visible but its square was visible? Because if any part of the square is visible and it contains a state image then that will be shown to the player.
Ah ha, I think you hit the nail on the head there!

If you check out this screen shot, near the center there is a dead gnoll... you can not see the gnoll's image, but you can see the state images: Prone, Dead, Empty Health bar. I guess I just find it confusing that I can not see the token image but I can see the state images.

salmelo
Giant

Re: Odd Bug

Post by salmelo »

nimbusaconflict wrote:I seem to have lost the ability to right click tokens. So how would i save one i have been working on? I went through all the hassle of figuring out how i was supposed to fix all my broken macros from b38 to b40. So now they all work, yay. But i can;t save the bloody token now to perserve the work, the closest i could do is save the campaign file.

fixed, i had to start a new campaign, and redo the work, but i was able to save it
I ran into this same problem the other day in a session, but I was able to regain my r-click by selecting more than one token at a time, after i did that, I was able to right click and edit / save as normal.

certainly not normal behaviour, but it's not hard to get around, if you had the same problem

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Oh, I will check this in b41 but the visibility issue my players documented was:

-Vision blocking bug. When someone went out of visual range, if you put your cursor over the spot the token was at, it told you the tokens name.

Return to “Announcements”