MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 14

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 14

Post by trevor »

This release introduces a new token panel that breaks the tokens up into a tree. Selecting a node in the tree (eg Background) will allow you to work with tokens in that layer. This is an interative process, so feedback is highly requested.

Build 14 (8/13/06)
* Fix NullPointerException when right clicking empty map
* Insert time delay when typing in a filter
* Fix image panel scrollbar not showing up when removing filter
* New Quickmaps: cobblestone, starfield, ocean
* Coordinate status bar
* Replace token panel with token tree
* Attempt to fix Large Image Takes Long Time To Load bug
* Fix waypoint off-by-one issue
* Add "Clear Facing" token popup menu item
* Introduce layers based on token tree panel
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Oh yeah, note that I made the selection box blue-white for stamps and background so that it is a bit more distinct which you are working with.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus has found that copy/paste of background or stamps causes problems. Avoid that functionality for now, I'll get it fixed and make a patch release in a day or two.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

New quickmaps are great. Kudos to the artists. Sure would be nice if hexmaps could be made with them. :)

Definitely like giving the coordinates their own section on the status bar.

Token tree is nice. Would like to see the appropriate token category be selected whenever I double-click on a token in the list.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Turning off "visible" on some tokens didn't create a new element in the tree, though. Was it supposed to?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Azhrei wrote:Turning off "visible" on some tokens didn't create a new element in the tree, though. Was it supposed to?
It won't for GMs, who can see everything.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote: Would like to see the appropriate token category be selected whenever I double-click on a token in the list.
Done. Actually, just single clicking selects the parent layer.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

trevor wrote:
Azhrei wrote:Turning off "visible" on some tokens didn't create a new element in the tree, though. Was it supposed to?
It won't for GMs, who can see everything.
Err, I'd rather it did. :wink:

Basically, I need some way to tell whether the players can see it or not. Since invisible tokens still appear on the map (necessary so that I can manage their position), they should show up differently in the token panel.

I see the token panel as representing the token's state, not the user's view of the token. (If that makes any sense.)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

One of my pet peeves with the token panel as well.

I want to be able to see at a glance what the state is of a token by looking at the token panel.

Maybe tokens that are not flagged as Visible could go into a Hidden category instead.

trevor

Post by trevor »

There's supposed to be a hidden icon on hidden tokens, which I don't see showing up now, I"ll have to track that one down.

I fully agree that the current state should show up in the token tree.

I'll add trackers for both

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:Phergus has found that copy/paste of background or stamps causes problems. Avoid that functionality for now, I'll get it fixed and make a patch release in a day or two.
I have been copying and pasting stamps like crazy without issue. Is this very specific or has it been identified?

When I was doing all that quick town stuff, that was how I was able to do it so quickly. Not a problem here.

Can you give detail on this?

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:
trevor wrote:Phergus has found that copy/paste of background or stamps causes problems. Avoid that functionality for now, I'll get it fixed and make a patch release in a day or two.
I have been copying and pasting stamps like crazy without issue. Is this very specific or has it been identified?

When I was doing all that quick town stuff, that was how I was able to do it so quickly. Not a problem here.

Yeah, it turned out to be a symptom of a different problem that was manifesting itself to phergus as copy-paste. It may or may not effect others in the same way. I've fixed the bug and it will be available in build 15.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

dorpond wrote:I have been copying and pasting stamps like crazy without issue. Is this very specific or has it been identified?

If you didn't run MT from the command line or have the Java console open you probably wouldn't have noticed. I was able to generate quite a few exceptions before it finally locked up.

crow
Kobold

Post by crow »

So we'll see automatic fog of war and all the other layer goodies next week? :lol:

trevor

Post by trevor »

crow wrote:So we'll see automatic fog of war and all the other layer goodies next week? :lol:
Man, that would be SWEET !

Return to “Announcements”