MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

jfrazierjr wrote:Clarification: Did you rightclick the token on the MAP and delete it OR did you right click on the token in the Init panel and REMOVE?

If the latter, dont do that. Will break every time. I "think" Jay has a fix for this, but am not 100% sure. If ti's the former, I don't know.
Right click the Init Panel to remove.
I leave token corpses on the board and call them Difficult Terrain :)

I just don't want to have to skip through them with initiative.

Is there a safe way to remove them from initiative?

Even better, is there a macro command like addToInitiative() that I could use to automatically remove them when they run out of HP? And would it be safe to use?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

palmer wrote:Even better, is there a macro command like addToInitiative() that I could use to automatically remove them when they run out of HP? And would it be safe to use?
If you have a dead state defined, this is what I use to remove a creature from the init panel when their HP gets below 0. Creatures that regen or might be healed when pushed into negatives would need something else. But for most battles, this works:

Code: Select all

[h:state.Dead = if (HP < 1, 1, 0)]
[h:eval(if(state.Dead, 'removeFromInitiative()', '0'))] 

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Full Bleed wrote:

Excellent... I just wish there was some central repository of these code snips, instead of having to hunt through 20 threads at 6 pages each.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

palmer wrote:Excellent... I just wish there was some central repository of these code snips, instead of having to hunt through 20 threads at 6 pages each.
I agree. I worked this out (with assistance) through a couple other threads and a PM or two and I think it's probably a fairly common effect that many users would like.

The trick is to give the developers some time and they'll get around to making stuff like this a little more accessible.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Full Bleed wrote:
palmer wrote:Excellent... I just wish there was some central repository of these code snips, instead of having to hunt through 20 threads at 6 pages each.
I agree. I worked this out (with assistance) through a couple other threads and a PM or two and I think it's probably a fairly common effect that many users would like.

The trick is to give the developers some time and they'll get around to making stuff like this a little more accessible.
Next on the hit list - is there any way to do dice rolls inside of if() and still have the tooltip breakdown? Thusfar it doesn't seem to work, and I can't find any way of looking up the if() syntax with any reasonable chance of success.

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

palmer wrote:
Full Bleed wrote:

Next on the hit list - is there any way to do dice rolls inside of if() and still have the tooltip breakdown? Thusfar it doesn't seem to work, and I can't find any way of looking up the if() syntax with any reasonable chance of success.
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide an example?
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

palmer wrote:
Full Bleed wrote:

Excellent... I just wish there was some central repository of these code snips, instead of having to hunt through 20 threads at 6 pages each.
I don't mean this with any disrespect, but this almost useless at this point because you are using a DEVELOPMENT version. Things can and will change. Posting a formalized examples list is useless as long as the syntax is in the process of changing. My fear is that examples will show up, a ton of people will grab them and then upgrade their version next week and something changed in the code to break everything. No problem if someone reads the boards and tests stuff out first, but a huge PAIN in the donkey if they don't read the boards and find this out in the middle of a gaming session.

For example, in b42 there is a new feature called Bars. This can take the place of using states to track health bars if you so choose (you can use the old way for not if you want) because the bars functionality is arguably better.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

toyrobots
Dragon

Post by toyrobots »

jfrazierjr wrote: For example, in b42 there is a new feature called Bars. This can take the place of using states to track health bars if you so choose (you can use the old way for not if you want) because the bars functionality is arguably better.
So...

uh...

What's better about it?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

toyrobots wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote: For example, in b42 there is a new feature called Bars. This can take the place of using states to track health bars if you so choose (you can use the old way for not if you want) because the bars functionality is arguably better.
So...

uh...

What's better about it?
Well.... for one, your macro code does not have to reference and flip each state individually. Second, it takes less time to create the "bars". The code for setting the bars is as simple as :

[bars.NAME = HP/TotalHP] (or was that the other way around???)

With states, you have to calculate the percent and then compare to each and every state to find a match... Makes for a huge macro and that leads to bugs. Check out the "health bars" thread started a few weeks ago for some examples, but remember it's in b42, which is not out yet (supposed to be out tonight though.)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

toyrobots
Dragon

Post by toyrobots »

jfrazierjr wrote: Well.... for one, your macro code does not have to reference and flip each state individually. Second, it takes less time to create the "bars". The code for setting the bars is as simple as :

[bars.NAME = HP/TotalHP] (or was that the other way around???)

With states, you have to calculate the percent and then compare to each and every state to find a match... Makes for a huge macro and that leads to bugs. Check out the "health bars" thread started a few weeks ago for some examples, but remember it's in b42, which is not out yet (supposed to be out tonight though.)
That does sound pretty good.

They better post b42 so I can stop clicking "refresh" over and over again. :)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

toyrobots wrote: They better post b42 so I can stop clicking "refresh" over and over again. :)
Well.. just for reference, in the past 4 months or so where I have been upgrading on a regular basis, I usually go to bed around 11PM EST, and usually the new build is posted sometime after that, so I have to pick up early in the AM. That makes some sense as Trevor(central time) is most likely spending time with his Family in the early to mid evening and then works on Maptool later in the night.

toyrobots
Dragon

Post by toyrobots »

Right on, thanks for the heads up.

The wait is killing me!

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

Another thought regarding the codes stuck in this thread, I personally don't think the announcement thread is the place for asking questions.
Just me and I'm not a moderator, but I think this thread should be for reporting bugs.
If you have a question about the build, I would suggest making the post in the MapTools forum and then it will be simple to find.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Full Bleed wrote: The trick is to give the developers some time and they'll get around to making stuff like this a little more accessible.
Heh, once the features are finalized and 1.3 finalizes (just a few more bugs and polish to go!) we'll sit down and hammer on the documentation.

Thanks for your patience :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote:That makes some sense as Trevor(central time) is most likely spending time with his Family in the early to mid evening and then works on Maptool later in the night.
Spot on :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”