MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

Oh, okay, my bad.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Nice... will be eager to play with this. Seems like we're hammering out some major bugs, should be looking great in a few builds!

Maybe I missed the details on it, but how did the VBL updates turn out?

Nadare
Cave Troll

Post by Nadare »

I can't say that I've tested it extensively, but the built-in bar stuff looks pretty good. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to do it, but it makes sense to me now. I've got my healthbars working and my macros updated to take advantage of the built-in functionality (I have had the same issue that others reported of macro changes not taking some of the time).

Bug report: Now that I'm using the built-in bar functionality, I deleted my health bar states from the State tab in campaign properties. When I do this, the token group does go away (it is no longer in the campaign properties State tab, and when I right click a token and choose the State item, the group is gone). However, the ex-states don't go away from the Token Properties Dialog for the individual tokens, even if I save the campaign, shut down MapTool and restart MapTool, loading the campaign.

I don't have the source, but my guess is that when a new state is added, all of the tokens get updated with a variable to hold the new state. However, when a state is deleted from campaign properties, that state variable is not being deleted from the individual tokens.
Last edited by Nadare on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Any comments on the whisper changes I did? or the new /reply command? I was talking to Trevor a few days ago and he suggested those as quick new features to fix/add and was wondering if anyone had had a chance to play with either of them yet.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Contributed by Lindharin
* Fixed the existing bug when duplicating buttons in the campaign panel.
I am going to hazard a guess that the macro button Edit issue I am seeing is related to these duplication issue changes.

The reason I guess that is sometimes I can make a change to a button, it won't take, then I Delete that button but the button does not go away, but the changes I made now show up in the button.

Anyway, that is a guess on my part. I can confirm that the inability to edit a button is very dominant and not hard to see. I am finding that to edit a button reliably, I just delete it and add a new button.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

jfrazierjr wrote:Any comments on the whisper changes I did? or the new /reply command? I was talking to Trevor a few days ago and he suggested those as quick new features to fix/add and was wondering if anyone had had a chance to play with either of them yet.
I haven't played with it yet, however, I have been wanting the /r feature for a long time. It will definately quicken things up when chatiing back and forth.

Thank you very much!

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

trevor wrote:
Saagael wrote:I'm getting the same errors that Imarkus had. I have to edit a macros multiple times before it actually changes the macro. I downloaded the build after the bug was fixed, or at least after Trevor said it was fixed. Anyway, I'm still getting the macro problems.
I haven't done anything with the macros, I'll look into it for tonight's build
I am having the same issue. If I right click a macro from the selection window and choose "Edit", I have to make the changes several times for them to stick. If I open the token properties page and change the same macro on the macros tab, the change sticks the 1st try.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

dorpond wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:Any comments on the whisper changes I did? or the new /reply command? I was talking to Trevor a few days ago and he suggested those as quick new features to fix/add and was wondering if anyone had had a chance to play with either of them yet.
I haven't played with it yet, however, I have been wanting the /r feature for a long time. It will definately quicken things up when chatiing back and forth.

Thank you very much!
Well, as I said, I asked Trevor for stuff to do and that was one of the things he said would be quick. If Trevor agrees (and I don't get sidetracked), and you like this feature, my next project might just set your pants on fire.... I just have to wait to see what he replies to my email.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

DrVesuvius
Giant

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

Post by DrVesuvius »

trevor wrote: * Fix bug: token stat sheet doesn't show up if it only has default values
Aw phoeey! I was relying on that behaviour in the Castle Falkenstein campaign file I just spent all weekend creating. In that game if Attributes aren't specified as a value, they're Average, so I had the token stat sheet only displaying explicitly defined abilities of Poor, Good, Great etc, with the Default Value of Average for everything else (which didn't display on the token stat sheet.) Now the Token stat sheet runs off the top of the screen. :lol:

(sigh) I know, I know, things change in dev builds, I'm not complaining. I'll just make sure that our group sticks with b41 for now. Besides I think I can see another way to handle the attribute lists using some of the other new functionality added in this build. It's just gonna be another re-write from scratch job :wishing there was a resigned shrug emoticon:

Just out of curiosity, is anyone thinking of putting a fork in 1.3 and calling it done? It's light years ahead of 1.2 now, with way more new features than you'd expect from a point release, and still we've got now features coming in. Great features, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to have a line drawn in the sand and have a stable build we can develop macros & campaigns for without fear.

knizia.fan
Giant

Post by knizia.fan »

Bug:

Start 1.3b42
Edit > Campaign Properties > States tab
Type "test" in the Name field

RESULT: the Add button remains disabled
EXPECT: the Add button to become enabled as soon as the Name field has anything typed into it

Select a state from the list
Modify the Name field to read "test"

RESULT: the Add button is now available, and the new state can be added to the list as expected

(I don't think this bug was present in b41 or even earlier builds of b42, so it was probably introduced along with the new state features added later in the b42 cycle.)

Geneocide
Cave Troll

Post by Geneocide »

Just out of curiosity, is anyone thinking of putting a fork in 1.3 and calling it done? It's light years ahead of 1.2 now, with way more new features than you'd expect from a point release, and still we've got now features coming in. Great features, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to have a line drawn in the sand and have a stable build we can develop macros & campaigns for without fear.
Yeah, I agree a new stable release is due. I'm having trouble convincing those I play with to get excited about an ever changing dev version. No one wants to develop a macro or a token or anything that might not work by the time we next play. It's very frustrating for me to know about all these nice 1.3 features and be stuck using 1.2.

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

DrVesuvius wrote:Just out of curiosity, is anyone thinking of putting a fork in 1.3 and calling it done? It's light years ahead of 1.2 now, with way more new features than you'd expect from a point release, and still we've got now features coming in. Great features, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to have a line drawn in the sand and have a stable build we can develop macros & campaigns for without fear.
Yes. Trevor and others have indicated elsewhere on the forum that we are very near the end of 1.3. They have also said that they plan on making a stable build more often than they have been.
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

knizia.fan wrote:Bug:

Start 1.3b42
Edit > Campaign Properties > States tab
Type "test" in the Name field

RESULT: the Add button remains disabled
EXPECT: the Add button to become enabled as soon as the Name field has anything typed into it
Your expectations are incorrect. The default Type is Image which requires that an image be entered in the Image text box before the Add button appears enabled.
knizia.fan wrote:Select a state from the list
Modify the Name field to read "test"

RESULT: the Add button is now available, and the new state can be added to the list as expected

(I don't think this bug was present in b41 or even earlier builds of b42, so it was probably introduced along with the new state features added later in the b42 cycle.)
This is because you have defaults provided by the selected state. Just changing the name is all that is required because everything else is filled in automatically. In this instance it doesn't actually show the file name of the image because it has been stored internally as an asset by MT. Therefore there isn't a filename to display.

This is how it has always worked

knizia.fan
Giant

Post by knizia.fan »

jay wrote:Your expectations are incorrect. The default Type is Image which requires that an image be entered in the Image text box before the Add button appears enabled.
I apologize; my bug report was incomplete. Even after you type in a new name and put an image file name in the Image field, the Add button is still disabled. I've tried also modifying the Type, Show To, and Group settings, but the Add button doesn't start working until I select a state from the list. After that, it seems to work as expected.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

BigO wrote:
DrVesuvius wrote:Just out of curiosity, is anyone thinking of putting a fork in 1.3 and calling it done? It's light years ahead of 1.2 now, with way more new features than you'd expect from a point release, and still we've got now features coming in. Great features, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to have a line drawn in the sand and have a stable build we can develop macros & campaigns for without fear.
Yes. Trevor and others have indicated elsewhere on the forum that we are very near the end of 1.3. They have also said that they plan on making a stable build more often than they have been.
In fact, that's the only thing I'm personally working on, fixing bugs and getting things tweaked so that we can release 1.3.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”