MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

Post by trevor »

DrVesuvius wrote:
trevor wrote: * Fix bug: token stat sheet doesn't show up if it only has default values
Aw phoeey!
lol seems I can't change anything without breaking someone these days :)

It seems like most of the time people would want values to show up, regardless if they are default or not.

That said, I could see adding a modifier for "Show default values" that would make the properties work like they did prior to b42
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

jfrazierjr wrote:Any comments on the whisper changes I did? or the new /reply command? I was talking to Trevor a few days ago and he suggested those as quick new features to fix/add and was wondering if anyone had had a chance to play with either of them yet.
Our first game since the updates is tonight, and we're still using OpenRPG for chat...

but I can tell you that your changes are awesome. Even without using them. "/r" to reply to a whisper is something I want in OpenRPG but don't have :D making this the first time I've found the MapTools chat interface to be SUPERIOR to OpenRPG. In many ways they're equivalent, but normally Maptools is in the "not quite there yet" area.

Good to see that we're overtaking things finally; now just to catch up in the other areas... ;)

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

knizia.fan wrote:
jay wrote:Your expectations are incorrect. The default Type is Image which requires that an image be entered in the Image text box before the Add button appears enabled.
I apologize; my bug report was incomplete. Even after you type in a new name and put an image file name in the Image field, the Add button is still disabled. I've tried also modifying the Type, Show To, and Group settings, but the Add button doesn't start working until I select a state from the list. After that, it seems to work as expected.
I did find a problem with the Show flags not being set be default. This keeps the Add & Update buttons from enabling. I also found that it wasn't updating the buttons when the show check boxes changes. Hopefully that fixes everything. Thanks for the debug help!

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:
BigO wrote:
DrVesuvius wrote:Just out of curiosity, is anyone thinking of putting a fork in 1.3 and calling it done? It's light years ahead of 1.2 now, with way more new features than you'd expect from a point release, and still we've got now features coming in. Great features, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to have a line drawn in the sand and have a stable build we can develop macros & campaigns for without fear.
Yes. Trevor and others have indicated elsewhere on the forum that we are very near the end of 1.3. They have also said that they plan on making a stable build more often than they have been.
In fact, that's the only thing I'm personally working on, fixing bugs and getting things tweaked so that we can release 1.3.
And these other pesky coders keep adding STUFF. And it's all so cool.

And we love them for it.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

trevor wrote:In fact, that's the only thing I'm personally working on, fixing bugs and getting things tweaked so that we can release 1.3.
Can we expect to see a /gmsecret chat command or customizable sizes on portraits before 1.3 closes out?

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

DrVesuvius wrote:Aw phoeey! I was relying on that behaviour in the Castle Falkenstein campaign file I just spent all weekend creating. In that game if Attributes aren't specified as a value, they're Average, so I had the token stat sheet only displaying explicitly defined abilities of Poor, Good, Great etc, with the Default Value of Average for everything else (which didn't display on the token stat sheet.) Now the Token stat sheet runs off the top of the screen. :lol:
The new build doesn't seem to display null values on the stat sheet, so you can work around this by using the if in the displayed values. So you'd end up with..

FightinScore:Good
TalkinScore:Average

*Fightin:{if(FightinScore == "Average", "", FightinScore)}
*TalkinScore: {if(TalkinScore == "Average", "", TalkinScore)}

Just... uh... be careful with this right now. You have to apparently edit the token and view the properties before they stick, otherwise the statsheet will lock up. How MUCH it locks up seems to depend on how many variables it doesn't know.

1-5 seem low enough I can just keep clicking close or hitting enter to cycle through to the errors. More then that and I have to kill it.

I've been making 2 properties sheets, one with display and one with out to test things right now. I can use the first to set the values and then change to the display property list and it seems to work.

Edited to add:
Actually to follow up on that... it's not just the statsheet. A token will have null values for ALL properties till it's properties tab is viewed. You don't have to change anything, just view it.

Simple to replicate, just drop a new token and notice that the statsheet doesn't display and you can't call any of it's attributes.

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Contributed by Lindharin
* Fixed the existing bug when duplicating buttons in the campaign panel.
I am going to hazard a guess that the macro button Edit issue I am seeing is related to these duplication issue changes.
It shouldn't be. The fix to duplicating macros only applied to the campaign panel. It was basically just a typo in the CampaignPanel class, and it definitely shouldn't have any cross-over effect since the selection panel is a completely different class and completely different button design. Even the additional features (sorting, run as selected, etc.) that were in my patch only apply to the campaign and global buttons, while this bug affects the selection panel token macros.

I've got a custom build off of the SVN from about two weeks ago, and the bug isn't in it. So it is something that was added recently. I'll see if I can track it down.

trevor

Post by trevor »

RedDog wrote:
trevor wrote:In fact, that's the only thing I'm personally working on, fixing bugs and getting things tweaked so that we can release 1.3.
Can we expect to see a /gmsecret chat command or customizable sizes on portraits before 1.3 closes out?
/gmsecret ?

portrait sizes - yes definitely

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

trevor wrote:/gmsecret ?
I had actually asked about this some time before. /gmsecret (/gms) would be the chat equivient to the /rollsecret command and would allow text and die rolling to be sent to the GM with no output to the sender. I had commented that if we had a /gmsecret chat command, all of the /roll commands would be no longer be necessary. /whisper works fine if there is only one GM, otherwise, there is no other option for it.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

I've spotted a bug.

Type any message, ending with a smilie, such as :D

press enter.

watch all text except the smilie picture vanish. There's a blank space before the smilie, where the text used to be.

Zandari
Cave Troll

Post by Zandari »

trevor wrote:
BigO wrote:
DrVesuvius wrote:Just out of curiosity, is anyone thinking of putting a fork in 1.3 and calling it done? It's light years ahead of 1.2 now, with way more new features than you'd expect from a point release, and still we've got now features coming in. Great features, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice to have a line drawn in the sand and have a stable build we can develop macros & campaigns for without fear.
Yes. Trevor and others have indicated elsewhere on the forum that we are very near the end of 1.3. They have also said that they plan on making a stable build more often than they have been.
In fact, that's the only thing I'm personally working on, fixing bugs and getting things tweaked so that we can release 1.3.
I personally, am extremely excited by the concept of a stable 1.3 build. In fact, I am planning on doing a brief presentation (about an hour or so) of Maptools at our next local gaming Meetup here in Birmingham. It will focus more on the ftf aspects of using the mapping tools with a projector than all the fancy chat/macro/networking stuff, because that's how I use it. That being said, I will definitely mention and show off the macro stuff a little bit as well.

My question as far as the winding down of the 1.3 line is this:

Does this mean that things like projector mode and getting blocky light back are going to be pushed out to 1.4? These are probably the two most important things in the arsenal for me right now, and i was really hoping they would get in. Especially blocky light. I have a beefy enough laptop to run two instances of the program, which takes care of projector mode, but having circular light in a game (D&D) that uses square light causes some confusion. I loved the idea that visibility questions answered themselves with the blocky light system.

What are the plans for bringing it back?

Incidentally, I am using b35 for the presentation. Is that an appropriate build for showing off just the mapping/lighting parts, or should I use a more recent/older build?

Zach/Zandari

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Trevor, I've been looking into the selection panel edit button bug where changes aren't being saved, and thought I'd share what I've found so far:

1. It was sort of introduced in revision 4572 on Sept. 6th. Prior to that you could edit macros via right clicking in the selection panel. After 4572, editing a token macro doesn't normally take.

2. If you just drag the token macro button around the selection panel, even if you never drop it onto another token, the next time you edit it will save the changes. After saving successfully once, additional changes will not be saved until you drag the button around the panel again.

3. Prior to 4572, there was a similar but more limited bug. In the builds from late August and early September, the first time during a MapTools session that you try to edit any macro in the selection panel, the change doesn't get saved. I had noticed this, but thought I was just clicking cancel by mistake. However, prior to 4572, this only happens once per session for your first edit. After that, you can edit at will and the changes always save. I'm not sure if something in 4572 made this worse, or if they are unrelated.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Mrugnak wrote:I've spotted a bug.

Type any message, ending with a smilie, such as :D

press enter.

watch all text except the smilie picture vanish. There's a blank space before the smilie, where the text used to be.
Ouch. Good catch

trevor

Post by trevor »

Zandari wrote: Does this mean that things like projector mode and getting blocky light back are going to be pushed out to 1.4?
Unfortunately the line has to be drawn somewhere. Projector mode is definitely 1.4, blocky light though could potentially make the 1.3 polish round since it's technically pretty easy.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

I know I asked about this in b42's development thread. Is there any way to make Lock Player Movement a 'crtl+?' option for on the fly shut down? I'd love to be able to do so myself and contribute to this project, but I have enough trouble gorking macro syntax.

Of course, still a wonderful tool any way you look at it.

- Josh

Return to “Announcements”