MapTool 1.3 Development Build 42

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Orchard wrote: Well, since that describes my group perfectly
Note that the vision isn't any more (and is actually a bit less) broken than it's been since the mid 30s. So if it's working for you now, you don't have anything to worry about. That said, it's top on my list of fixes.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

mkarasek has written me to let me know that my fix for the [c()] bug isn't sufficient and has sent me a patch.

Please bang on b42 today and see what else breaks loose, and I'll do a new build tonight.

Oh b42, we hardly knew thee.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Orchard wrote: Well, since that describes my group perfectly--some have darkvision, some have lowlight (all have some sort of 'special' vision), and we would PREFER to use individual views, then this is certainly a bummer. In the meantime, I'll just turn off individual views until this is fixed. Bummer though. I'd start pestering trevor too, but I'm sure you are doing a great job of it. :twisted:
Is this a new campaign? The reason I ask is because the issues I am talking about have been in existence for a long while - B32ish. If you didn't experience the issue, they you probably won't still. The issues are mainly with color - if you don't use color, then you might not even see the issues.

trevor

Post by trevor »

tdwyer11b wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I can't seem to get the webstart to work. I've downloaded the .zip and everything's fine.

Getting Error: Unable to load resource:

http://rptools.net/dist/lib.php/javadoc ... avadoc.jar
This was a bug in the build process. It should be fixed now

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

dorpond wrote:
Orchard wrote: Well, since that describes my group perfectly--some have darkvision, some have lowlight (all have some sort of 'special' vision), and we would PREFER to use individual views, then this is certainly a bummer. In the meantime, I'll just turn off individual views until this is fixed. Bummer though. I'd start pestering trevor too, but I'm sure you are doing a great job of it. :twisted:
Is this a new campaign? The reason I ask is because the issues I am talking about have been in existence for a long while - B32ish. If you didn't experience the issue, they you probably won't still. The issues are mainly with color - if you don't use color, then you might not even see the issues.
Well, I've been wanting to use color, and I've actually been holding off.

And my campaign has been on slight hiatus...due to some personal time constraints of various players. August proved to be a very busy month. Grr....
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Mrugnak wrote:
palmer wrote:
tdwyer11b wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I can't seem to get the webstart to work. I've downloaded the .zip and everything's fine.

Getting Error: Unable to load resource:

http://rptools.net/dist/lib.php/javadoc ... avadoc.jar

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I'm getting the same thing.
It's not just you...
Thirding this issue.

That sounds like a jar file that should be part of the general Java installation, not something from RPTools. What java version do the folks who got things working have, and what java versions do the people that have this error have?
Nope, that is NOT a library that should be part of a normal Java install. Java version would have no effect on this error or not. This needs to be added to the site so it can be downloaded by the webstart.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

I got a few bugs.

1) If you have the statsheet try to display a variable value that is not set an empty Input Value box appears. In b41 this wasn't to much of a problem as hitting the X in the top right corner closed it. Now in b42 the box remains no matter how many times you click on it. I have to use Windows Task Manager to close MapTool when this happens since I can't do anything else in the program when it pops up.

2) I can't change the values on my tokens!!! I loaded an old campaign I was working on and for some reason the values won't change. Tokens that are already in play don't change their values when I try to manually edit them via properties. I tried clicking Ok and Close but neither seem to work. I tried other methods to change them. I first noticed the bug cause I have a set in the variables where each time you mouse over it would switch which 1/2 of the skills were displayed. That no longer switches presumably because it can't change the value of the condition check variable. But when I test the HP Macro it seem to work fine.

I tried starting a new campaign and discovered a few things with it. First off if you don't open up the token and "look" at the properties first you get that Enter Value window that won't go away. You don't have to even change the values on the token and it then displays them correctly. Secondly the skill switch thing still doesn't work even though it did in B41 and some of the properties it will allow you to set and other revert to their "default" setting?? I don't know why this is but just so I'm not talking in real ambiguous terms I'll post the campaign settings that are giving me the bugs. I don't know if any syntax changes happen this version but even if they did it doesn't explain why I can't change the value of some token properties.

Code: Select all

Description (Des)
Level:0
Strength (Str):10
Constitution (Con):10
Dexterity (Dex):10
Intelligence (Int):10
Wisdom (Wis):10
Charisma (Cha):10

MiscInitBonus:0

RacialSpeed:0
MiscSpeedBonus:0

MaxHP:0
HSPerDay:0
HSBonus:0

FortClassBonus:0
FortFeatBonus:0
FortMiscBonus:0

ReflexClassBonus:0
ReflexFeatBonus:0
ReflexMiscBonus:0

WillClassBonus:0
WillFeatBonus:0
WillMiscBonus:0

---Skills---:Enter 5 if trained plus any other Misc bonuses like Race
TrainedAcrobatics:0
TrainedArcana:0
TrainedAthletics:0
TrainedBluff:0
TrainedDiplomacy:0
TrainedDungeoneering:0
TrainedEndurance:0
TrainedHealing:0
TrainedHistory:0
TrainedInsight:0
TrainedIntimidate:0
TrainedNature:0
TrainedPerception:0
TrainedReligion:0
TrainedStealth:0
TrainedStreetwise:0
TrainedThievery:0

---Equipment---:If HeavyArmorBase of anything other then 0 it will assume your are using Heavy Armor.
ArmorName:Cloth
HeavyArmorBase:0
LightArmorBase:0
ArmorClassBonus:0
ArmorFeatBonus:0
ArmorEnchant:0
ArmorMiscBonus:0
ArmorCheckPenalty:0
ArmorSpeedPenalty:0

Shield:0
ShieldBonus:0
ShieldCheckPenalty:0

Weapon1Name:Unarmed
Weapon1Prof:0
Weapon1Damage:{1d4}
Weapon1Enchant:0
Weapon1CritDamage:0
Weapon2Name:Unarmed
Weapon2Prof:0
Weapon2Damage:{1d4}
Weapon2Enchant:0
Weapon2CritDamage:0
Weapon3Name:Unarmed
Weapon3Prof:0
Weapon3Damage:{1d4}
Weapon3Enchant:0
Weapon3CritDamage:0

Implement1Enchant:0
Implement2Enchant:0
Implement3Enchant:0

NeckEnchant:0

ItemSpeedBonus:0

---BelowIsAutoCalcDoNoChange---:0
*@HP:{MaxHP}
*@HSValue:{floor(MaxHP/4) + HSBonus}
*@HSRemaining:{HSPerDay}

*@AC:{if(HeavyArmorBase, "Heavy Armor" , "Light Armor" )} {if(HeavyArmorBase, 10+LevelBonus+HeavyArmorBase+ArmorClassBonus+ArmorFeatBonus+ArmorEnchant+ArmorMiscBonus+ShieldBonus , 10+LevelBonus+LightArmorBase+max(DexMod, IntMod)+ArmorClassBonus+ArmorFeatBonus+ArmorEnchant+ArmorMiscBonus+ShieldBonus)}

*@Fort:{10+LevelBonus}+{max(StrMod, ConMod)}+{FortClassBonus}+{FortFeatBonus}+{NeckEnchant}+{FortMiscBonus} = {10+LevelBonus+max(StrMod, ConMod)+FortClassBonus+FortFeatBonus+NeckEnchant+FortMiscBonus}

*@Reflex:{10+LevelBonus}+{max(DexMod, IntMod)}+{ReflexClassBonus}+{ReflexFeatBonus}+{NeckEnchant}+{ReflexMiscBonus}+{ShieldBonus} = {10+LevelBonus+max(DexMod, IntMod)+ReflexClassBonus+ReflexFeatBonus+NeckEnchant+ReflexMiscBonus+ShieldBonus}

*@Will:{10+LevelBonus}+{max(WisMod, ChaMod)}+{WillClassBonus}+{WillFeatBonus}+{NeckEnchant}+{WillMiscBonus} = {10+LevelBonus+max(WisMod, ChaMod)+WillClassBonus+WillFeatBonus+NeckEnchant+WillMiscBonus}

*@Movement (Mov):{RacialSpeed + MiscSpeedBonus + ItemSpeedBonus - ArmorSpeedPenalty}
*Elevation (Elv):{0}

Initiative:{DexMod+LevelBonus+MiscInitBonus}
LevelBonus:{floor(Level/2)}
StrMod:{floor((Strength-10)/2)}
ConMod:{floor((Constitution-10)/2)}
DexMod:{floor((Dexterity-10)/2)}
IntMod:{floor((Intelligence-10)/2)}
WisMod:{floor((Wisdom-10)/2)}
ChaMod:{floor((Charisma-10)/2)}

TempHP:0

SkillSwitch:0
*Skill1:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Acrobatics +" + (TrainedAcrobatics + DexMod + LevelBonus - ArmorCheckPenalty - ShieldCheckPenalty), "History +" + (TrainedHistory + IntMod + LevelBonus))}
*Skill2:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Arcana +" + (TrainedArcana + IntMod + LevelBonus), "Insight +" + (TrainedInsight + WisMod + LevelBonus))}
*Skill3:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Athletics +" + (TrainedAthletics + StrMod + LevelBonus - ArmorCheckPenalty - ShieldCheckPenalty), "Intimidate +" + (TrainedIntimidate + ChaMod + LevelBonus))}
*Skill4:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Bluff +" + (TrainedBluff + ChaMod + LevelBonus), "Nature +" + (TrainedNature + WisMod + LevelBonus))}
*Skill5:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Diplomacy +" + (TrainedDiplomacy + ChaMod + LevelBonus), "Religion +" + (TrainedReligion + IntMod + LevelBonus))}
*Skill6:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Dungeoneering +" + (TrainedDungeoneering + WisMod + LevelBonus), "Stealth +" + (TrainedStealth + DexMod + LevelBonus - ArmorCheckPenalty - ShieldCheckPenalty))}
*Skill7:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Endurance +" + (TrainedEndurance + ConMod + LevelBonus - ArmorCheckPenalty - ShieldCheckPenalty), "Streetwise +" + (TrainedStreetwise + ChaMod + LevelBonus))}
*Skill8:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Healing +" + (TrainedHealing + WisMod + LevelBonus), "Thievery +" + (TrainedThievery + DexMod + LevelBonus - ArmorCheckPenalty - ShieldCheckPenalty))}
*Skill9:{if(SkillSwitch == 0, "Perception +" + (TrainedPerception + WisMod + LevelBonus), "Perception +" + (TrainedPerception + WisMod + LevelBonus))} [H:SkillSwitch=if(SkillSwitch == 1, 0, 1)]
Like at the end I tried removing the H: so I could see it displaying the output to see if the value was changing but I couldn't even remove that cause it even though I changed it and double checked it once I hit OK or CLOSE it would revert back to default in the token. I don't know if this is a bug with the send default values to token code or what.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am experiencing an issue editing token macros. This does not seem to be consistent but it crops up so far without a recognizable pattern.

If I right click the macro button on the Selected window, and Edit Macro, then make changes to the macro and OK to close, those changes do not always take. Sometimes I have to select a different token then reselect the original token to see the changes take hold.

I will see if I can make this repeatable so it is easier to nail down.

P.S. -- Oh I do love this new build! I was in the process of upgrading my generic monster attack macros and the list functions will make a nice boost!

P.P.S. --- anyone know of a D&D3.5 monster with more unique attacks than a Marilith Demon? (Potential of 7 unique attacks, different weapon in each of 6 hands and a tail.)

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

lmarkus001 wrote:If I right click the macro button on the Selected window, and Edit Macro, then make changes to the macro and OK to close, those changes do not always take.
Same behavior here

trevor

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote: Nope, that is NOT a library that should be part of a normal Java install. Java version would have no effect on this error or not. This needs to be added to the site so it can be downloaded by the webstart.
Point of note, this is a bug with the build process that showed up when giliath added the support files for the javascript stuff. By license we have to make available the source, etc. What he didn't catch is that the build script was trying to include them.

I manually removed the reference to them from the jnlp launch configuration and will be updating the build script for tonights build.

It should be launching fine at this point.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Odd behavior PyroMancer2k, I'll see what I can find

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

lmarkus001 wrote:I am experiencing an issue editing token macros. This does not seem to be consistent but it crops up so far without a recognizable pattern.

If I right click the macro button on the Selected window, and Edit Macro, then make changes to the macro and OK to close, those changes do not always take. Sometimes I have to select a different token then reselect the original token to see the changes take hold.

I will see if I can make this repeatable so it is easier to nail down.

P.S. -- Oh I do love this new build! I was in the process of upgrading my generic monster attack macros and the list functions will make a nice boost!

P.P.S. --- anyone know of a D&D3.5 monster with more unique attacks than a Marilith Demon? (Potential of 7 unique attacks, different weapon in each of 6 hands and a tail.)
Erm, some of the dragons maybe? I'm note sure right off the top of my head, but that is a lot....dragon has->bite, claw, tail, wing, breath weapon, tailslap...hmm, I give up. Actually, they also have spells, and in a single round they can't use all that...

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

I'm getting the same errors that Imarkus had. I have to edit a macros multiple times before it actually changes the macro. I downloaded the build after the bug was fixed, or at least after Trevor said it was fixed. Anyway, I'm still getting the macro problems.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Saagael wrote:I'm getting the same errors that Imarkus had. I have to edit a macros multiple times before it actually changes the macro. I downloaded the build after the bug was fixed, or at least after Trevor said it was fixed. Anyway, I'm still getting the macro problems.
I haven't done anything with the macros, I'll look into it for tonight's build

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Saagael wrote:I'm getting the same errors that Imarkus had. I have to edit a macros multiple times before it actually changes the macro. I downloaded the build after the bug was fixed, or at least after Trevor said it was fixed. Anyway, I'm still getting the macro problems.
The bug isn't fixed until the build number changes...unless you are working with the svn code and building it yourself. The build system doesn't allow for a silent update of a build to fix bugs--if he does a bugfix and publishes it, it autochanges the build number.

Return to “Announcements”