MapTool 1.3 Development Build 43

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 43

Post by trevor »

The "build 42 we hardly knew thee" build

This build is primarily a bug fix build for b42. I'll be doing a build every day there's a bug fix for a critical issue until we get a stable version.

Build 43 (9/16/08)
* Add statsheet portrait size parameter to Preferences dialog
* Change default portrait size to 175
* getStrProp() now accepts an optional 3rd argument which is returned (instead of an empty string) when the key is not found. (Contributed by k.fan)
* Fix bug: Removing last item from init panel (Contributed by Jay)
* Fix bug: States Add/Update buttons not enabling correctly (Contributed by Jay)
* Fix bug: [c():] rolls not working (true fix for same issue in b42) (Contributed by mkarasek)
* Fix bug: smilies at end of line wipe out chat content (Contributed by mkarasek)
* Fix bug: send token update when using the edit macro dialog

NOTES
- Please post bugs in b43 to this thread, post functionality questions and feature requests to a new thread in the MapTool forum
- File size has gone back down to a reasonable size, the build script was including content that was not meant to be distributed
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

When editing macros they still don't always seem to take. Editing via the right click on selection box.

Also when I try to edit variables they also still don't always take and I have to retry several times. They appear to change when I edit them but when I click ok and reopen the token properties they remain the same.

toyrobots
Dragon

Post by toyrobots »

Just in case bug fixing isn't flashy enough to accumulate heaps of praise:

I really appreciate the move to a stable version. I'm a newbie who is getting way too into macros right now, and it will be nice to feel like there's not something new to master every day...

trevor

Post by trevor »

PyroMancer2k wrote:When editing macros they still don't always seem to take. Editing via the right click on selection box.

Also when I try to edit variables they also still don't always take and I have to retry several times. They appear to change when I edit them but when I click ok and reopen the token properties they remain the same.
Could you describe the specific steps you are taking to see this ? Perhaps I'm missing a step.

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Trevor, I just sent you a response to your email, but thought I'd cross-post it here in case you check here first.

The edit macro behavior is actually really weird in b43. Here's what I did:

1. Start b43 with only the defaults.

2. Load my properties file (attached in the email, but the only important thing is that it should have the HP and MaxHP properties, and MaxHP should have a default value of 1.)

3. Find any old .png file (not a saved token) and drag it onto the map as an NPC token

4. Select token, right click in selection panel and choose Add New Macro

5. Call the macro "Test" with a command of "[HP=5]", click OK

ERROR: The macro does not show up.

6. Repeat steps 4-5 and the macro now shows up and runs correctly.

7. Edit the macro by right-clicking on it in the selection panel.

8. Add a new line for "Current HP = {HP} of {MaxHP}" and click ok

9. Run the macro

ERROR: The change did not take place, it still just does HP=5.

10. Edit the macro by right-clicking on it in the selection panel.

11. Add a new line THAT IS DIFFERENT THAN THE LINE FROM STEP 8. I added "Current HP is now {HP} of {MaxHP}", with "is now" instead of using an equal sign.

12. Run the macro

ERROR: It displays the "Current HP = 5 of " and pops up a box asking for the value of MaxHP instead of using the default*. This was the output from the version of the macro edited in step 8, not the version from step 11.

13. Edit the token, go to the properties tab so that it sees all the defaults, click OK. It will now no longer prompt for MaxHP.

14. Edit the macro by right-clicking on it in the selection panel.

15. Make any change to the macro, click OK, then run it.

ERROR: It now displays the prior version from step 11, not the most recent edit from step 15, so in my case it now says "Current HP is now 5 of 1"

16. Repeat steps 14 and 15, and each time the macro runs the prior version, not the most recent edit. I started just adding a number to the end of the macro, and incrementing it each time. Each time I run the macro, it shows the prior number, not the current number.

That's pretty freaky... :-)

* I believe the fact that you get a popup box when it tries to access the value MaxHP before having edited/saved the token is a known issue. It doesn't bother me, but I think it needs to be clearly documented in the build notes because I think it is causing confusion for more than one of the people currently posting bugs in the announcement forums.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Yes, editing of macros via right click on the button on the Selection window still does not always take the edit when you press OK. I find sometimes if I press ok, select a different token, then reselect the edited token, that can help the change take hold.

--------------

Additional issue (not sure if a bug or just an issue).

I am finding some issues with quotes in strings. If there is a mixture of single ( ' ) and double ( " ) quotes, the chat window can go wonky and show the macro code instead of the chat output. Moving the mouse about the chat window will flip between chat output and macro code listing.

I first encountered this when working with knizia.fan's sample code:

Code: Select all

<!-- Print the new values to the chat window for verification. -->
New properties for weapon #{WpnNum}:
<table border=0>
[h: NumProps = countStrProp(eval(WpnName))]
[h,p,c(NumProps,""):
    "<tr><td style='padding:0px 5px'><b>"
    + indexKeyStrProp(WpnProps,roll.count-1)
    + "</b></td><td>"
    + eval(indexKeyStrProp(WpnProps,roll.count-1))
    + "</td></tr>" ]
</table> 
Subsequently I have been trying to add a help property that uses the new list mechanics. I wanted to include help info on my Weapon population dialog. I thought I could use a property to provide the list of LABELS to add to the bottom of the dialog for help text info. But there is some issue with quotes cropping up somewhere...

In this sample code, if I just have {inputString} OR {HelpLabel} the correct text gets shown in the chat window... but if I include both, the chat window goes wonky.

Property info:

[---Weapons---]
Weapon1:Name=NA ; Primary=1 ; Quantity=1 ; Manufactured=0 ; AtkBonus=0 ; CritMult=2 ; CritRange=20 ; Damage=1d4 ; DmgMax=4 ; DmgExtra=0 ; DmgExtraCrit=0 ; DmgExtraName=NA ;
Weapon2:Name=NA ; Primary=0 ; Quantity=1 ; Manufactured=0 ; AtkBonus=0 ; CritMult=2 ; CritRange=20 ; Damage=1d4 ; DmgMax=4 ; DmgExtra=0 ; DmgExtraCrit=0 ; DmgExtraName=NA ;
Weapon3:Name=NA ; Primary=0 ; Quantity=1 ; Manufactured=0 ; AtkBonus=0 ; CritMult=2 ; CritRange=20 ; Damage=1d4 ; DmgMax=4 ; DmgExtra=0 ; DmgExtraCrit=0 ; DmgExtraName=NA ;

HelpWeaponProperty:Primary=0-NotInUse 1-Primary 2-Secondary ; Quantity= # natural attacks ; Manufactured= 0-Natural 1-Manufactured (for multi attack if BAB>5) ; AtkBonus= Magic/Masterwork/Feat ; CritRange= Lower end 19-20 is 19 ; DmgExtra= 1d6 (EX from flaming) ; DmgExtraCrit= 1d10 (EX burst) ; DmgExtraName= Fire ;

<!-- Build the list of weapon names. -->
[h: WpnList = ""]
[h, c(9,""): WpnList = WpnList + getStrProp(eval("Weapon" + roll.count), "Name") + ","]

<!-- Ask the user to select one of the weapons. -->
[h: fail = input("WpnNum | " + WpnList + " | Select weapon to edit | LIST")]
[h: abort(fail)]

<!-- Obtain the property string for the selected weapon. -->
[h: WpnNum = WpnNum + 1]
[h: WpnName = "Weapon" + WpnNum]
[h: WpnProps = eval(WpnName)]

<!-- Error checking -- make sure the property string has been set up already. -->
[h: NumProps = countStrProp(eval(WpnName))]
[h: abort(NumProps)]

<!-- Put up a dialog with all the properties in the property string.
  -- Note that the new property string is automatically assigned back to the
  -- token property that holds the weapon's property string. -->
[h: NumHelpProps = countStrProp(HelpWeaponProperty)]
[h: HelpLabel = "'"]
[h, c(NumHelpProps,""): HelpLabel =  HelpLabel + "'junk" + roll.count + " | " + indexValueStrProp(HelpWeaponProperty,roll.count - 1) + " | " +  indexKeyStrProp(HelpWeaponProperty,roll.count - 1) + " | LABEL'" + if(NumHelpProps != roll.count, ",  ", "'")]
[h: inputString = "'blah | " + WpnNum + " | Weapon number | LABEL" + "', '" + WpnName + " | " + WpnProps + " | Weapon properties | PROPS | setvars=true" + "', "]

{inputString}

{HelpLabel}
Output to chat if only {inputString}

'blah | 1 | Weapon number | LABEL', 'Weapon1 | Name=Claw/Claw ; Primary=1 ; Quantity=2 ; Manufactured=0 ; AtkBonus=0 ; CritMult=2 ; CritRange=20 ; Damage=1d4 ; DmgMax=4 ; DmgExtra=0 ; DmgExtraCrit=0 ; DmgExtraName=NA ; | Weapon properties | PROPS | setvars=true',
Output to chat if only {HelpLabel}

'junk1 | 0-NotInUse 1-Primary 2-Secondary | Primary | LABEL','junk2 | # natural attacks | Quantity | LABEL','junk3 | 0-Natural 1-Manufactured (for multi attack if BAB>5) | Manufactured | LABEL','junk4 | Magic/Masterwork/Feat | AtkBonus | LABEL','junk5 | Lower end 19-20 is 19 | CritRange | LABEL','junk6 | 1d6 (EX from flaming) | DmgExtra | LABEL','junk7 | 1d10 (EX burst) | DmgExtraCrit | LABEL','junk8 | Fire | DmgExtraName | LABEL'

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Follow up to the quotes post.

[h: a = "'"]
[h: b = '"']
{a}
{b}
So it seems that " ' " is valid. But ' " ' is not valid for " but is ok if you put things other than " inside.

toyrobots
Dragon

Post by toyrobots »

I'm getting the same bug as the second poster.

Loaded my b41 campaign in b43.

On the Selection Panel, any time I add or delete a macro (via right click), I have to do it twice.

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

To add to the macro-bug, I edited the macro a few times until the macro stuck and was how I wanted it. I copied the macro to another token, and on the other token it went back to how the macro was BEFORE I edited it.

And sometimes, I don't know when or why specifically, the code in a macro will disappear altogether so when I go edit it, the box is blank.

DeviantNull
Dragon

Post by DeviantNull »

To contribute more to the macro bug... It appears that my changes always seem to take if I deselect and reselect the token.

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

PyroMancer2k wrote:When editing macros they still don't always seem to take. Editing via the right click on selection box.

Similar error occurs when deleting macros with the right click. Sometimes it take two or three tries.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

I don't know if this is a bug really but some inconsistent behavior.

The macro editing dialog is scalable in global and campaign macros. It is not for impersonated an selection macros. This has been this way for a while. The must not use the same dialogs so they didn't get fixed when the others were.

By scalable i mean you can resize the dialog box and the text box scales with it.

trevor

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 43

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote: * Add statsheet portrait size parameter to Preferences dialog
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet :)

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

trevor wrote:
Oops sorry, I saw, I liked, I went woo hoo! I just forgot to share my joy :-)

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

trevor wrote:
Oh sweet! And you can change it on the fly apparently. Very nice!
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”