MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 15

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote:I've put in some checks and this should be fine now. Expect a build soon.
Ask and we receive... :)
Game On!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

trevor wrote:Ahh, right now I remember why I did the custom components, the nested split pane user semantics are kinda odd. Also, it still needs custom work to handle the expand/collapse and keep the titles up.
Oh yes, I can see the problem now. Since the split panes are nested, you can't drag one divider and automatically have it adjust the others.

However, it might not be that bad. How about an event handler that simply moves the second divider when the first one is moved? Then you'd be able to grab that leftmost divider and when you tried to drag it 10 pixels to the right, the other divider would move 10 pixels, freeing up the space needed?

Patching that in might be tricky, though, since the event handler needs to gain control and move the second divider before the first one receives the event. That means counting on addListener() to do the Right Thing. Of course, the final code should be packaged as a component anyway, so the addListener() for the dividers could simply be made private with a public support stub that ensures the handlers are invoked in the right order...

Sheesh, what a pain. :cry:

Return to “Announcements”