MapTool 1.3 Development Build 45

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

nwelte1 wrote:I am using this macro in .45

[H:addtoinitiative()][token.init=1d10]

I notice that characters are not consistently being added to the initiative panel. They flash up and then vanish.
Try something like [Init = 1d10] [H:addToInitiative(0,Init)]?

That's what I use and I've never had problems

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Cweord wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
I can use parts of what I already have, but the whole for each d6 roll, do x, y, and z will be MUCH easier from what I understand of the patch kfan submitted to trevor.
Waiting is no problem my only concern was to try and get the functionality prior to 1.4 if it didn't require too much work.
Well... kniza.fan's changes in b46 will make this pretty darn easy. Ultimately, javascript will be the right way to go with this, but it looks like Giliath has not had a chance to work on that for a while, though Trevor "thinks" it might be out before 1.3 is final.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Cool
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Nadare
Cave Troll

Post by Nadare »

I really want b46 bad.

I'm itchin' to mess around with trusted macros. I also really want to play with Craig's latest macro function additions also (don't know if those will get in b46 or not).

I can't offer my soul (I still kind of need that), but how about a nice cookie or a tasty pudding snack?

-- Nadare

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Nadare wrote:I really want b46 bad.
I'm expecting to get that out this weekend
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

ElCucuy
Cave Troll

Post by ElCucuy »

trevor wrote:
I'm expecting to have exactly 46 of your babies shortly thereafter.

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

ElCucuy wrote: I'm expecting to have exactly 46 of your babies shortly thereafter.
Eep!! :shock: Time to start a collection. Even with the magic of compound interest, that's going to be one heck of a lot for college tuition in 18 yrs...

Nadare
Cave Troll

Post by Nadare »

trevor wrote:
Most excellent, sir! I apologize if I came across as demanding -- we all know you've had lots of difficulties lately, and I meant no disrespect.

So... would you prefer the nice cookie or the tasty pudding snack?
(I'll send it to you in a trusted macro!!) :)

ElCucuy
Cave Troll

Post by ElCucuy »

Lindharin wrote:
ElCucuy wrote: I'm expecting to have exactly 46 of your babies shortly thereafter.
Eep!! :shock: Time to start a collection. Even with the magic of compound interest, that's going to be one heck of a lot for college tuition in 18 yrs...
No college for them. As soon as they can walk, they'll march their little feet into the backyard and begin work on the big Trevor idol.

(In completely unrelated news, my previous GM'ing experience with Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu and GURPS had absolutely no effect on my parenting style.)

Trevor, you almost make me want to make up some excuse to push our Friday night game to Sunday night...

El Cucuy

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

I experienced a minor bug this week during our game. I accidentally bumped my scroll wheel and zoomed in on my map, I was then unable to zoom back out using either the scroll wheel or the zoom out option in the menus. Further I could not zoom out at all, any attempt to zoom out caused a zoom in action. Luckily the option to revert to a 1:1 view worked to restore the view to somehting useable and the game proceeded.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

If you using a current microsoft mouse - this is a Java bug, you need to load default mouse drivers rather then the microsoft one. Java cant handle the high precision scroll wheels (or something like that)
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Fatal BUG: Followup to the zooming in on a token with an image state on it.

As we remember, zooming in too close on a token with an image state visible causes MapTool memory to blow up.

Well, if you have image states on several tokens and you try to zoom OUT, a bad case loop occurs. This becomes fairly fatal.

This link points to a campaign file that will demonstrate the behaviour. Go to the ToEE map and try to zoom out and you will see it go gaaaaaak.

MT1.3b45 RttToEE Ruined Temple03 081114a.cmpgn

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Cweord wrote:If you using a current microsoft mouse - this is a Java bug, you need to load default mouse drivers rather then the microsoft one. Java cant handle the high precision scroll wheels (or something like that)
Thanks! I will give this a try.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Looks like Trevor's Hardware problems are contagious . . . . .

My motherboard craped out yesterday (now I just have to explain spending 200 pounds on a new one)
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Cweord wrote: Standard Roll
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4 => sr4(4) = Hits: 2 Ones: 0 Results: 5 2 2 5

Extended Roll
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4e => sr4e(4) = Hits: 3 Ones: 2 Results: 3 6 1 6 1 5

Roll with Glitch
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4eg2 => sr4e(4, 2) = Hits: 1 Ones: 1 *Glitch* Results: 3 1 5 3

Roll with Critical Glitch
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4eg2 => sr4e(4, 2) = Hits: 0 Ones: 2 *Critical Glitch* Results: 4 1 2 1
Ok.. back to this.

I still don't know the purpose of the g switch here.

If I roll 6 dice: 4 1 3 1 1 5

is that always a glitch, or only if the g option is used?

Cweord wrote:A glitch is any time you roll one on more than half you dice, there are things that modify this by adding to or subtracting from the number of 1's required (hence the g switch)
So, depending on this, does this mean that rolling: 1 1 1 1 1 6 could possibly NOT be a glitch depending on the value of the g option?

Also, when using edge to reroll(e option), if you reroll (which adds to the dice pool) and those rerolls =1, does that count toward the total for glitch calculations. For example. Natural rolls of : 6 6 6 6, with re rolls to have the numbers equal to 6 6 6 6 1 1 1 1 (yea, tha'ts really unlucky). So now you have 8 dice rolled with 4 1's or does the 1's only count on the original dice pool of 4 dice?

btw, this is really not that hard, I just don't know the mechanic well enough to make sure I do it the right way.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “Announcements”