MapTool 1.3 Development Build 45

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

The reason it does that is because the tool isn't (currently) aware of the view you are using.

I would definitely like to see the Player View be more accurate as to what a player sees, not only what the map looks like.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:The reason it does that is because the tool isn't (currently) aware of the view you are using.

I would definitely like to see the Player View be more accurate as to what a player sees, not only what the map looks like.
Ok.

Well then.

Just fix it and all will be right with the world. ;)

applekor
Giant

Post by applekor »

lmarkus001 wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:Further follow up to the vanishing campaign macros issue.

While this can occur at almost any save, it seems to be very prevalent for saves that occur while hosting a server session. So far I have a 100% loss rate at the end of every evening of play when I am hosting the game session.
Further, further update...

I did not lose my campaign macros last night. However the major thing I did differently is I did not do a Save As for the campaign file once I had the server running. So I think there may be something to do with Save As and hosting ...
I've coded up some import/export utilities for the campaign and global macros because of this bug. Basically, I added an "Export Macro" command to the macro button popup menu and "Import Macro", "Export Macro Set", and "Import Macro Set" commands to the macro panel popup menu. This allows the macros to be imported/exported individually or en masse via pakfiles.

I know it doesn't solve the root issue, but at least it allows people to backup their macros until the issue is resolved. Would you be interested in it for the next patch, or is it too much of a feature addition at this late stage in 1.3?
"Should" is the biggest word in the English language.

"Just" is the second biggest word in the English language.

What I'm working on

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

applekor wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:

While this can occur at almost any save, it seems to be very prevalent for saves that occur while hosting a server session. So far I have a 100% loss rate at the end of every evening of play when I am hosting the game session.

I did not lose my campaign macros last night. However the major thing I did differently is I did not do a Save As for the campaign file once I had the server running. So I think there may be something to do with Save As and hosting ...
I've coded up some import/export utilities for the campaign and global macros because of this bug. Basically, I added an "Export Macro" command to the macro button popup menu and "Import Macro", "Export Macro Set", and "Import Macro Set" commands to the macro panel popup menu. This allows the macros to be imported/exported individually or en masse via pakfiles.

I know it doesn't solve the root issue, but at least it allows people to backup their macros until the issue is resolved. Would you be interested in it for the next patch, or is it too much of a feature addition at this late stage in 1.3?
You may want to wait until after build 46, Lindharin has completely rewritten the macro panels and your patch will probably clash, and Lindharin may even fix the root problem (I am not sure if they will or not)

Craig

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Oh my please don't wait. We definitely need a mechanism to move macros from one campaign to another.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

lmarkus001 wrote:Oh my please don't wait. We definitely need a mechanism to move macros from one campaign to another.
A way to move macros between campaigns and even distribute them to others has already been submitted for the next build anyway.

applekor
Giant

Post by applekor »

Craig wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:Oh my please don't wait. We definitely need a mechanism to move macros from one campaign to another.
A way to move macros between campaigns and even distribute them to others has already been submitted for the next build anyway.
OK, nm then.

What I'm working on

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Just revert yours and PM Lindharin for his patch. If the problem is not fixed in his patch, you can then add yours on top. At the very least, you should verify you don't break the others stuff before Trevor has a chance to build. Somehow, I doubt he will have a lot of time to really test and verify all the patches given his hardware issues.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

applekor wrote:
Craig wrote:
OK, nm then.
You should still look at sending your patch, but you may have to wait until next build or get a copy of the new macro panel code before you send it :)

applekor
Giant

Post by applekor »

Craig wrote:You should still look at sending your patch, but you may have to wait until next build or get a copy of the new macro panel code before you send it
Heh, it occurs to me that my last post probably sounded a little apathetic. I'm not discouraged. I just wasn't aware that Lindharin had a complete rework going. :D
jfrazierjr wrote:Just revert yours and PM Lindharin for his patch. If the problem is not fixed in his patch, you can then add yours on top. At the very least, you should verify you don't break the others stuff before Trevor has a chance to build. Somehow, I doubt he will have a lot of time to really test and verify all the patches given his hardware issues.
I'll wait until b46 is out to see the finished product. If it's already approved for inclusion, there's no point in obfuscating functionality with redundant solutions.

Besides, there's not much sense in playing with it if there's still a chance it can see a last-minute change before release. Like you said, that just breeds bugs and makes more work for devs.

What I'm working on

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

applekor wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:

I'll be honest and say I'd like something like this even if b46 does fix the macro saving issue... exporting and importing macros would be nice for its own reasons.
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

If you've already got code for import/export, that is great news to me! :) I was planning to add an import/export feature for campaign and global macros myself, but haven't gotten to it yet (and am not entirely sure how to do it, not having looked at that part of the code yet).

Applekor, if you decide you want a copy of my patch early, send me a PM with your email address. Alternatively, we could wait to see if Trevor includes my stuff in b46; there are a lot of changes and I'm new to Java and MapTools, so there's no guarantee he'll like the changes I made anyway.

Cheers,
Lindharin

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Been away for a while so I have lost track on what is going on here (bad dose of real life, which is continuing but I have some time back)

Looking at B45 I have 2 requests for any of the now numerous coders out there.

I Run Shadowrun4, and though there is a built in dice mechanic for it, none of the results from the said mechanic can be read in macros, so for any job involving a dice roll, I have to use numerous macros - 1 for the roll, 1 for the effect, and multiply this by the number of rolls in the action. Can anyone write come code that will pick up the results from the roll (all I need are the number of hits, the number of ones and if it's a glitch or a critical glitch)

Here are the commands for the mechanic.

/roll xSR4eg

where x is the number of dice rolled, e is an option for an open ended roll (any 6's get re rolled and if they are a 5 or 6 become hits) and g (Optional) is the number of additional 1's to go towards creating a glitch.

the result comes out like this

Standard Roll
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4 => sr4(4) = Hits: 2 Ones: 0 Results: 5 2 2 5

Extended Roll
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4e => sr4e(4) = Hits: 3 Ones: 2 Results: 3 6 1 6 1 5

Roll with Glitch
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4eg2 => sr4e(4, 2) = Hits: 1 Ones: 1 *Glitch* Results: 3 1 5 3

Roll with Critical Glitch
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4eg2 => sr4e(4, 2) = Hits: 0 Ones: 2 *Critical Glitch* Results: 4 1 2 1

because the results are nested in the text I think the parser cannot read them (or something like that, I have no clue about code)

The other thing that would be REALLY nice is the ability to have sub rounds in the built in initiative tool. In SR initiative is worked out numerically and then you have a number or actions in a round.

One person could have an initiative of 12 so would go first, but only have one action, so they go first in the first set of actions, but get no further actions

The second person could have an initiative of 8, so would go second in the first set of actions but would still get to go twice more before then next round.

I can sort of do that now, by using the tool to roll, and checking how many actions each character gets, but it would be far easier worked in.

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful - Life would be much better if this could get in before 1.3 closes out - rather than having to wait the 10 - 20 builds before 1.4 becomes stable . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Cweord wrote:Been away for a while so I have lost track on what is going on here (bad dose of real life, which is continuing but I have some time back)

Looking at B45 I have 2 requests for any of the now numerous coders out there.

I Run Shadowrun4, and though there is a built in dice mechanic for it, none of the results from the said mechanic can be read in macros, so for any job involving a dice roll, I have to use numerous macros - 1 for the roll, 1 for the effect, and multiply this by the number of rolls in the action. Can anyone write come code that will pick up the results from the roll (all I need are the number of hits, the number of ones and if it's a glitch or a critical glitch)

Here are the commands for the mechanic.

/roll xSR4eg

where x is the number of dice rolled, e is an option for an open ended roll (any 6's get re rolled and if they are a 5 or 6 become hits) and g (Optional) is the number of additional 1's to go towards creating a glitch.

the result comes out like this

Standard Roll
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4 => sr4(4) = Hits: 2 Ones: 0 Results: 5 2 2 5

Extended Roll
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4e => sr4e(4) = Hits: 3 Ones: 2 Results: 3 6 1 6 1 5

Roll with Glitch
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4eg2 => sr4e(4, 2) = Hits: 1 Ones: 1 *Glitch* Results: 3 1 5 3

Roll with Critical Glitch
* Bryan rolls: 4sr4eg2 => sr4e(4, 2) = Hits: 0 Ones: 2 *Critical Glitch* Results: 4 1 2 1
The problem is that the parser just spits back out a string result. Is there any reason not to use the existing(new) macro code syntax to create the above code yourself? You could copy/paste the boilderplate code into each macro at the top, and then use the variables it would create to do any additional calculations. If you would like some help to try that out, let me know. I have played SR, but it's been like 14 years or more and not very much at that.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Thanks

As most of what you said confused me, yes I would like some help - I have no issues doing things for my self, I just need to know how . . .

I could cope with early macro stuff, but as you have been adding more and more, my brain started to leak out of my ears.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Return to “Announcements”