MapTool 1.3 Development Build 45

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Cweord wrote:Thanks

As most of what you said confused me, yes I would like some help - I have no issues doing things for my self, I just need to know how . . .

I could cope with early macro stuff, but as you have been adding more and more, my brain started to leak out of my ears.
Duct tape should fix that.

No? Well ah, sorry. :twisted:
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I find that a pencil eraser in each ear works better, wrapping duct tape round your head limits your vision
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

Cweord wrote:I find that a pencil eraser in each ear works better, wrapping duct tape round your head limits your vision
It also hurts upon removal. As I've discovered. :(

{Note: having 5 older sisters and 2 older brothers leads one to all sorts of painful discoveries of this nature. You don't think I was crazy enough to put duct tape around my OWN head do you? Sheesh!}
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

I run a Hero campaign and over in the User Created forum we have a fantastic "core" hero campaign file going that includes sample token with Macroes... I gotta say they have done a great job. But like "others" the new macro functionality is complex enough my brain turns to goo just looking the code over.

One of my players also GM's his own games (we take turns), and a couple of days ago he asked if anyone had developed any Shadow Run dice rollers or macros for MT. I have never played Shadow Run so any help or a point in towards direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

look at my earlier post for the dice rollers, I have some macros, but am looking to redo them hopefully - I'll keep you informed if I get anywhere
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Thanks!

As I said I have never played Shadow Run, so I missed the syntax. I will inform Nolgroth about the functionality and point him to your post. He will understand what he is seeing better than myself.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

That's if he is running Shadowrun 4th ed, if not, it wont help that much
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Cweord wrote:Thanks

As most of what you said confused me, yes I would like some help - I have no issues doing things for my self, I just need to know how . . .

I could cope with early macro stuff, but as you have been adding more and more, my brain started to leak out of my ears.
I got started with this last night. I started with a prompt for number of dice to roll. I then got it to create number of glitches as it's on macro scoped variable, followed by result string so you can see each roll. Like I said, I have not played SR in years, so I will probably have to have a lot of help with the syntax.

So....
  • Glitchs: Any roll of 1 is a glitch? Or only on certain attempts (ie, someone who can bench press 500 pounds can never fail to bench press 5 pounds, no matter how bad they roll.
  • Critical Glitches: what qualifies? or does this depend on some factor(1/2 rolled dice roll 1,etc)
  • Expand: Do 6's always expand every single time? or just certain times?
by far, the Expand is going to be the hardest part and the part that we might have to come to some compromise on in terms of limits to number of recursive expansions(ie, we would have to stop after rolling 6->6->6->6 etc. There is no way to keep rolling 6 forever.)

If there is anything else you can think of to help, let me know. Also, would you mind starting a new thread so we can keep this one a bit clean(yeah right) and also so anyone else who might look for SR4 macros might find whatever I (and any others!) might come up with.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

A glitch is any time you roll one on more than half you dice, there are things that modify this by adding to or subtracting from the number of 1's required (hence the g switch)

A critical glitch is when you roll a glitch but get no hits

a hit is any roll of 5 or 6

if you use edge, you get to reroll 6's again with any roll of 5 or 6 being a hit (and rerolling if you get a 6) - but you have a limited amount of edge (usually 3 or 4 points per adventure)

all the information you need at the end of the roll, it the number of hits, and weather it as a glitch or a critical glitch.

I have macros to calculate the number of dice to roll, but after that I need the macro to be able to access the results and apply these to further rolls.

Thanks for the help
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Cweord wrote:A glitch is any time you roll one on more than half you dice, there are things that modify this by adding to or subtracting from the number of 1's required (hence the g switch)

A critical glitch is when you roll a glitch but get no hits

a hit is any roll of 5 or 6

if you use edge, you get to reroll 6's again with any roll of 5 or 6 being a hit (and rerolling if you get a 6) - but you have a limited amount of edge (usually 3 or 4 points per adventure)

all the information you need at the end of the roll, it the number of hits, and weather it as a glitch or a critical glitch.

I have macros to calculate the number of dice to roll, but after that I need the macro to be able to access the results and apply these to further rolls.

Thanks for the help
Actually, instead of banging my head until it hurts, if you can wait several days to a week or two, once b46 comes out, kniza.fan's patches will make this FAR easier(well, perhaps not easy, but at least I won't have to jump through hoops quite as much.)

I can use parts of what I already have, but the whole for each d6 roll, do x, y, and z will be MUCH easier from what I understand of the patch kfan submitted to trevor.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

KNOWN ISSUE: "Reveal Last Path" does not work

REQUEST: Remove that option from menus until it does work.

People keep asking about it. Seems silly to leave it in like that, only confuses the noobs.

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

I am using this macro in .45

[H:addtoinitiative()][token.init=1d10]

I notice that characters are not consistently being added to the initiative panel. They flash up and then vanish.

ElCucuy
Cave Troll

Post by ElCucuy »

nwelte1 wrote:I am using this macro in .45

[H:addtoinitiative()][token.init=1d10]

I notice that characters are not consistently being added to the initiative panel. They flash up and then vanish.
This just happened to us a number of times in our last session. I didn't want to hold up the game, so I just manually fed the tokens and their initiative values into the tracker. But in my observation of the times it happened, it seemed to be when two (or more) people used their initiative macros at the same time (or close to the same time).

One person's token would flash up there in the tracker, then vanish. Usually. Other times it would show up in the tracker but without the initiative value attached. My only real test of that was to hold off rolling monster initiative until all players had their initiatives up. When I did that it never again happened to any of my monster tokens.

So I'm thinking it has to do with multiple tokens hitting the tracker at the same time...

El Cucuy

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Yup. I had the same problem with my game.
Now I say to my players when to hit the initiative macro, one at a time, and it's working nicely.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

jfrazierjr wrote:
I can use parts of what I already have, but the whole for each d6 roll, do x, y, and z will be MUCH easier from what I understand of the patch kfan submitted to trevor.
Waiting is no problem my only concern was to try and get the functionality prior to 1.4 if it didn't require too much work.
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

Return to “Announcements”