MapTool 1.3 Development Build 46

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Lindharin wrote:I know the direct cause: Even on the campaign and global panels, there is an "AreaGroup" (a new class) that contains all of the button groups. In the selection panel, the AreaGroup is what has the outer border and token name for a label. In the global/campaign panels, that AreaGroup has no border/label, so you don't see it, but it is still there. That is why it looks odd in those two panels.
Hmm. I don't see anything obvious either.

What about the insets on the ThumbnailedBorder that is a protected nested class inside AbstractButtonGroup? If it's inset is larger than the others in the same Container, does the FlowLayout.LEFT cause the others to use the same insets? I wouldn't expect it to be so, but that might be on purpose, since then all insets would match the maximum inset, causing things to line up on the left...

I may try changing the insets in AbstractButtonGroup:261 to see what effect it has.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Nope, no luck. That's the inset of the group as a whole, but it appears that global and campaign panels use the ThumbnailedBorder even though they don't need it. Removing the border entirely is probably the right way to handle it...

(Okay, I'm obviously an idiot. :) After playing around with stepping through the code to see where the extra insets come from, I have no idea. So I'm leaving this one alone. :))

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I dug up Jay's docs on the new bar functions:
jay wrote:In the next build there will be a isBarVisible(bar-name) method that returns true if the bar is visible or false if it is hidden. There will also be a setBarVisible(bar-name. on-off-value) that will turn the bar on and off. When a bar is set visible it will have the value ZERO. You can also make a bar visible by setting its value using setBar(), but you can't hide it using this method.

I added new functions to make sure I didn't change how the old getBar() setBar() functions act.
From this thread:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... barvisible

so a working example is:

Code: Select all

[setBarVisible("Health","off")]

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Azhrei wrote:After playing around with stepping through the code to see where the extra insets come from, I have no idea. So I'm leaving this one alone. :))
Thanks for trying! :)

(And nice to know it's not just me! :lol: )

Return to “Announcements”