MapTool 1.3 Development Build 47

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 47

Post by trevor »

This is a critical bug fix release for b46:

Build 47 (11/18/08)
* Fix bug: player view is showing token states and health bar in soft fog
* Fix bug: state rendering not cleaning up memory

Contributed by Applekor
*The "Export Macro Set" command now displays a save dialog and gives confirmation of success.
*There is now an option on the Preferences/Application tab to enable/disable the warning about client macros not updating with changes from the GM's Campaign macro panel. Additionally, the warning itself was changed to give the user the option to disable it.

NOTE
This is a patch build to fix some critical issues in b46, for the actual build notes check here http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=5984
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

While I was just focusing on testing the light/vision/movement stuff, you seemed to squish the bug nicely Trevor. Thanks!

I will be using b47 during tonights game which starts in 2 hours. I am sure I will keep you posted tomorrow on how everything went.

Thanks again Trevor!

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

The man's a dynamo.

Thanks for making me feel like a lazy bum, trevor. :lol:
I cast firecube! ~4E

Lindharin
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 47

Post by Lindharin »

trevor wrote: *There is now an option on the Preferences/Application tab to enable/disable the warning about client macros not updating with changes from the GM's Campaign macro panel. Additionally, the warning itself was changed to give the user the option to disable it.
Thanks, applekor!

toyrobots
Dragon

Post by toyrobots »

Minimum width is not working on campaign macros.

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

toyrobots wrote:Minimum width is not working on campaign macros.
Thanks! Found and fixed it, sent the patch to Trevor.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Bug: Zooming and Tokens with State Images

This bug is still in existence. If you zoom far into a token with a state image, the memory use of MapTool grows rapidly until all available memory is consumed and you are done.

Additionally, if you have several tokens with state images active, if you zoom out too far a bad case loop occurs.

EDIT: Actually a single token with a state image has this issue, and it appears it is a scaling issue where the image dimensions are trying to be set to negative values...

Here is a sample campaign file:
MT1.3b45 RttToEE Ruined Temple03 081114a.cmpgn

EDIT: As the ToEE map is pretty darn broken by this issue, using the RT1 map will be an easier test case. Switch to that map then zoom out and watch the debug output, eventually you will see:

Code: Select all

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (1) cannot be <= 0
        at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at net.rptools.lib.image.ImageUtil.createCompatibleImage(ImageUtil.java:154)
        at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.ImageTokenOverlay.paintOverlay(ImageTokenOverlay.java:113)
        at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.BooleanTokenOverlay.paintOverlay(BooleanTokenOverlay.java:53)
        at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderTokens(ZoneRenderer.java:1881)
        at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:653)
        at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:544)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Last edited by lmarkus001 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

gmjasongurps
Giant

Post by gmjasongurps »

to all on the development team and what-not, thanks again for all that you guys do to keep this MapTool thingey moving full steam ahead and making it all available to us. it is a greatly needed tool and i truly enjoy using it.
thanks!
Check out my current campaign, Wandered Roads.
Using the GURPS 4e rules and set in the Palladium Fantasy world.

http://wanderedroads.yuku.com

kat2cute
Dragon

Post by kat2cute »

BUG: importing campaign properties doesn't 'stick' unless you close the window with cancel instead of ok. Really weird and totally threw me for a loop until I figured that out.
Quote from an underwater D&D fight:
Alright fighter, it's your turn. What do you do?
Fighter: What do you think I do? I FAIL MY F**KING SWIM CHECK

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Fonction request when drag'dropping macro from one panel to another (exemple from "Impersonate" to "selection") :

In b46-47, you are force to drop the macro in an areagroup that exists or the default no name areagroup.
Would it be possible that the macro could be dropped in a non areagroup zone (blank) and that it creates the areagroup corresponding to the macro's properties ?

And, it the same panel (selection for example), if you drag a macro from one areagroup to another, it copies the macro. I would like it to be moved/modifeed.
A dialog box perhpaps to choose in this case ?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Missing fixes.

The following items have threads where the developers stated they have submitted fixes but they have not made it in to this build.

1) Scroll bar for the input() dialog.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... c&start=51

2) listGet() only works for a small set of delimiters.
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... &start=127

3) Graphics in listbox in input() function do no show the first time the input() is called but do on subsequent calls (and an error goes to the java console).
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... t&start=70

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

OK here is the skinny with B47 during last nights game.

GAME ROCKED!!

My two 'old laptop' players noticed a big speed improvement over previous 1.3 versions. Very usable, at least with the town map (Tristram) I had using VLB on all the buildings/trees, 7 light sources scattered throughout town, 2 players with light sources, 5 players, and 13 monsters. Had no problems with vision that I knew of. I did wish however throughout the night that I, the GM, had the ability to see through the eyes of a specific player, like I was sitting at their laptop, but that is a feature request more than anything that I think we desperately need down the road.

I used the built in Initiative and it worked without a flaw. I had all custom state overlays that worked without a flaw. I used the health bar without a flaw linking CurrentHP and MaxHP to a macro that automatically adjusted it at a click - worked flawless. I had handouts attached to each monster token to quickly pull up their stat blocks - flawless. Each player had each of their 4th edition abilities in selection macros so they could read the rules in chat at the click of a button (we play face to face) - flawless.

The game ruled!

One hickup worth mentioning:
One player connected at start and he saw the map fine. When he used the mouse wheel to scroll however, the map on his screen would go black and he would see nothing. If I forced view as the GM, his map would return. If he rolled the mouse wheel at all, it would go black. I would force view again and it would return. He could pan the map around but not zoom in or out. there were no errors in Jave (dos) so I had him restart Maptool and reconnect. when he did, the problem was gone. Odd..

One request:
The new macro catagory stuff. I request that if we don't have any catagories defined, that the macros we do have show up at the root of the token macro 'tree' instead of having to go to Macro->General->. Why force me to go two levels deep? I suggest we keep it similar to how Jay did the states; if there are not groups defined, the states are at the root.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Do ... s.jpg.html

So overall - no game breaking bugs. Thanks Trevor! I will keep you posted as my other 12 maps in my campaign file are revealed over time. :)

Oh, another notable mention: When the players went into the dark (soft fog), the players could still select their tokens and move them around if they wanted. Depending on how the light was setup on the map, sometimes this would work and other times it would not, depending on where they were in the soft fog. I know we have a 50/50 split on how tokens in the dark should be handled, but this new behavior is new to b47 and worth mentioning.

[edit] Oh, just to let everyone know, this campaign of mine I have been building for several months now so this version of MT is definately backwards compatible.

[another edit] Oh, my campaign file is 32meg and all players connected and got assets without a hitch.
Last edited by dorpond on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

Ok, Campaign properties >> Bars tab >> "Show to:" box

I can't set the options to "GM and user only". When I check the first two boxes, then update, close and open the properties, the setting reverts to its previous state (DM only or everybody).

Is this option currently supported or is for a future development?

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

dorpond wrote:So overall - no game breaking bugs. Thanks Trevor! I will keep you posted as my other 12 maps in my campaign file are revealed over time. :)
Nice! We're getting closer and closer to the next stable release!
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

dorpond wrote:I request that if we don't have any catagories defined, that the macros we do have show up at the root of the token macro 'tree' instead of having to go to Macro->General->.
Added to the to-do list for my next effort (unless someone else gets to it first).

Return to “Announcements”