MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 17

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 17

Post by trevor »

As promised here is build 17

Build 17 (9/11/06)
* Fix right click token popup menu selection bug
* Disambiguate Enforce View vs Link player view
* Show token GM name in parentheses to GMs
* Make loading of opaque images faster (particularly large background maps)
* Set default button on dialogs
* Clean up screen capture dialog
* Make local filesystem screenshot work
* Anti alias hex grid
* Move Say command shortcut from ENTER to CTRL-ENTER
* Change Grid Size widget to a spinner
* Introduce basic hex pathing
* Introduce hex measurements
* Fix grid offset drawables/fog snap to grid bug

NOTES:

- The pathing rendering is in a state of transition, so the current pathing will consume the entire cell with a solid object, instead of the old way. This will be updated to be more asthetically pleasing in the next couple releases.
- The adjust grid spinner doesn't like to update when hitting ENTER, instead click in one of the other textfields to commit the value (or click up or down arrows)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Cool! Can't wait to test it!

Thanks for the quick update!

trevor

Post by trevor »

One of the subtle backend changes (that made it look like a step back) is the way path rendering was implemented. In order to get hexes to show as hexes I taught the grids to know their cell shape. Right now it's rendering the path by shading in the cells along the path.

This backend change will make it super trivial to implement a cell-shaped fow removal tool. Then you can just basically click-draw to expose/hide at the cell level. Should make clearing rooms much easier, and more accurate. I'll see about getting that into build 18.

Phergus
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 17

Post by Phergus »

trevor wrote:The pathing rendering is in a state of transition, so the current pathing will consume the entire cell with a solid object, instead of the old way.
I'm guessing you are aware that the waypoint dots on hex pathing are ellipses and not circles. :)
trevor wrote:This backend change will make it super trivial to implement a cell-shaped fow removal tool.
That will be a big plus.

Dark_Wyvern
Cave Troll

Post by Dark_Wyvern »

Hey trevor, did you increase the java memory? I loaded a campaign in b17 and didn't need to go into java and increase it. Before, it wouldn't load it until i did that and it would run at about 280m now it runs at about 190m with the same campaign file.

Whatever you did, it seems to load maps more efficiently. :D

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

"Disambiguate", lol, I love these words.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Dark_Wyvern wrote:Hey trevor, did you increase the java memory? I loaded a campaign in b17 and didn't need to go into java and increase it. Before, it wouldn't load it until i did that and it would run at about 280m now it runs at about 190m with the same campaign file.

I know Phegus and myself stumbled across a few bugs in the last version that Trevor fixed. Those bugs were screwing up memory in a bad way so my guess is that is what you are seeing.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Dark_Wyvern wrote:Hey trevor, did you increase the java memory? I loaded a campaign in b17 and didn't need to go into java and increase it. Before, it wouldn't load it until i did that and it would run at about 280m now it runs at about 190m with the same campaign file.

Neat ! I didn't change the default memsize (although I think the webstart link on the website was recently updated to 256m). I did put in a couple image loading improvements though, that might help (at least speed up loading).

trevor

Post by trevor »

Steel Rat wrote:"Disambiguate", lol, I love these words.
Heh, chalk that up to late night coding :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

What? You don't like that one?

My fiancee (before we were married) got a 350,000-word Random House unabridged dictionary for her birthday (!) because she didn't believe that "disambiguate" was a word. (I should point out that the American Collegiate and Mirriam-Webster didn't have an entry for it. So I spent $80 on a bigger dictionary!)

Of course, it was a big joke for us (it's a long story; suffice to say that her mother was a librarian, and my fiancee had a love for books, and those two made it a funny gift in our eyes). Her friends, however, couldn't understand why she was happy to get a dictionary for her birthday from her new boyfriend instead of jewelry!! ;)

We're pretty strange, though. How many people play Scrabble on Saturday afternoons? Or sit around and discuss English etymology? Or have contests to see if one can write down a word that the other can't pronounce? Yep, we're pretty strange. :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Azhrei wrote:Yep, we're pretty strange. :)
And sound quite happily matched ;)

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

Probably kick butt at Jeopardy!
Game On!

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Azhrei wrote:
What? You don't like that one?

My fiancee (before we were married) got a 350,000-word Random House unabridged dictionary for her birthday (!) because she didn't believe that "disambiguate" was a word. (I should point out that the American Collegiate and Mirriam-Webster didn't have an entry for it. So I spent $80 on a bigger dictionary!)

Of course, it was a big joke for us (it's a long story; suffice to say that her mother was a librarian, and my fiancee had a love for books, and those two made it a funny gift in our eyes). Her friends, however, couldn't understand why she was happy to get a dictionary for her birthday from her new boyfriend instead of jewelry!! ;)

We're pretty strange, though. How many people play Scrabble on Saturday afternoons? Or sit around and discuss English etymology? Or have contests to see if one can write down a word that the other can't pronounce? Yep, we're pretty strange. :)
Sounds like great fun. One of you, is probably also one of those 7 letter word on 2 triple word scores for like 250 point. :shock: :wink:
--
Big Mac

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Actually, Beth hates it when I do the all-7-tiles thing! ;) And yes, I save up the good letters until I can use them with a triple-word square.

My highest so far is SQUEEZED, across two triple-word squares! 27 tripled is 81, 81 tripled is 243, plus 50 bonus points for using all 7 letters: 293 points. :) Heck, most of our games barely make it into the 300's!

Return to “Announcements”