MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

heathan666
Giant

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

Post by heathan666 »

Actually ya its a b49 campaign format but I have saved it under b50 and it still does it...should I redo all my properties?
"Nat 20 man, reroll a plate wearer next time."
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:* Save docking layout persistence data to a specific file (makes for easier resetting)
Any chance this can be turned into a docking profile type thing where we can load different docking profiles as we need them?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Full Bleed wrote:Any chance this can be turned into a docking profile type thing where we can load different docking profiles as we need them?
So you would want this to be done on-the-fly while you're running MapTool? And it would have a file browser based interface, just like importing campaign properties or loading a new campaign?

(Anything's possible, given sufficient time and resources. ;))

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Azhrei wrote:
Full Bleed wrote:Any chance this can be turned into a docking profile type thing where we can load different docking profiles as we need them?
So you would want this to be done on-the-fly while you're running MapTool? And it would have a file browser based interface, just like importing campaign properties or loading a new campaign?
Yeah, that's my basic thought. Seems like a natural progression of the feature since we now have the "profile" outputting to a specific file.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yes, it does. I just wanted to be sure I understood the functionality you were looking for. I'll keep this in mind as I'm coding my generic import/export code. I had a deadline for Feb 3rd that I missed for another project :( so the good news is that one way or another I should have more time Real Soon Now. I'll get back to my todo list...

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Full Bleed wrote:
trevor wrote:* Save docking layout persistence data to a specific file (makes for easier resetting)
Any chance this can be turned into a docking profile type thing where we can load different docking profiles as we need them?
This would be pretty easy actually. I was thinking of creating a Layout submenu under Help that groups all that together. The thought was to have:

Save Layout (save the current layout as the default)
Restore Layout (go back to the last saved layout)
Restore Default Layout (would do a hard reset to the default layout, essentially wiping out the saved layout)

It wouldn't be a stretch to let you create and name your layouts and select them at will.

I'm focused on other parts of the app currently but if someone else wanted to code it I'd drop it in.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

When I double click a hidden object in the Map Explorer List under the "GM" section, I wind up partially in an unlisted layer. That is, I get centered on the object, but it does not get selected. If I paste any objects at this time, they are not part of any of the four Layers. I think the editing layer gets set to "GM" but the selected layer remains on your last selection.

Thanks,
IMarv

trevor

Post by trevor »

Odd. Could you do me a favor and post that into the MapTool/Bug Report forum so I don't miss it ?

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

I did a quick look around to see if this is an old issue or not, but didn't see any reference to the problem. I also checked the MapTool/Bug Report forum but didn't see anything there.

Sometimes Token Properties don't update on the statsheet after they are changed. I think I've narrowed it down to Token Properties that follow this format:

Code: Select all

*TokenProp: {someOtherTokenProp}
If you change the value of someOtherTokenProp (by manually editing it in the Token itself, for example) and then mouse-over the token, the previous value of someOtherTokenProp appears still.

If you do this, however:

Code: Select all

*TokenProp: {someOtherTokenProp + 0}
It works fine. When you go and change the value of someOtherTokenProp and then mouse-over the token, the statsheet shows the new value correctly.

It's as if calculated values on a statsheet aren't updated unless there's actually some calculation taking place.

Now I know it may seem pointless to have a token property which is in effect just an alias for another token property (you could just use the (shortname) to achieve essentially the same thing), but I noticed it and figured it might not be by design so I'm reporting it. There's some value for such aliases: multiple indirection, organization (I want all of my statsheet props in one place at the bottom of the list, but I want the actual props organized elsewhere), etc.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

trevor

Post by trevor »

cubeblue could you repost that in the MapTool->Bug Reports forum ?

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

trevor wrote:cubeblue could you repost that in the MapTool->Bug Reports forum ?
Done. Thanks.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

trevor wrote:* The new docking framework libs should fix many of the window problems we've had, please post if you are still experiencing them, or if you used to but are now working correctly
I might have missed something along the way, so sorry if so, but quick question.

I have, in b49, a char sheet macro that opens to a dialog. I can't get the frame to open, though, but as far as the wiki is concerned there's really no difference in formatting. Far as I can tell, anything that works in a dialog should work in a frame. Certainly, anything I have going on should. I can get frames to open, if the content is simple, but I can't get the dialog-compatible char shett HTML to work in the frame. I remember reading complaints about this, and that it was a bug in need of squashing. Is this remark by trevor meant to indicate these sorts of errors? That is, if I move to b50 (avoiding 51 and 52 as unstable until I get my campaign itself working), will I be able to work the sheet in a frame?

Or am I just missing something stupid about HTML and frames, generally?

verisimilar
Giant

Post by verisimilar »

This has been addressed a few times that I've seen. The issue is the amount of content you have in the frame. This work around this separate the content into it's own macro and the call that macro from within the frame.
Now known as zEal

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I just found a bug in the frame code that Craig is fixing and will be in the next patch to Trevor. It may have caused some problems with MapTool thinking a frame already existed when it really didn't. But it's likely not the only problem...

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

You may also have closed the frame at some point by clicking the X in top right corner, and that can sometimes cause it to permanently disappear. To test if that is the problem, close MT then go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.maptool\configs and rename layout.dat to something else like layout.old. Then try opening MapTools and see if you can get the frame to appear. If so, then you'll need to reset the positions on all your other frames. If not, you can close MT and rename layout.old back to layout.dat.

Once you figure it out and get the frame to reappear, I'd recommend shutting down MT and making a backup copy of the good layout.dat file (call it something like layout.safe or layout.good or some such) so that if you run into the problem again you can just copy it back to layout.dat and fix the problem without losing your other frame positions.

Return to “Announcements”