MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

plothos
Great Wyrm

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

Post by plothos »

verisimilar wrote:This has been addressed a few times that I've seen. The issue is the amount of content you have in the frame. This work around this separate the content into it's own macro and the call that macro from within the frame.
Nah, I had to do that to get the dialog working. (See next post)

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Lindharin wrote:You may also have closed the frame at some point by clicking the X in top right corner, and that can sometimes cause it to permanently disappear. To test if that is the problem, close MT then go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.maptool\configs and rename layout.dat to something else like layout.old. Then try opening MapTools and see if you can get the frame to appear. If so, then you'll need to reset the positions on all your other frames. If not, you can close MT and rename layout.old back to layout.dat.

Once you figure it out and get the frame to reappear, I'd recommend shutting down MT and making a backup copy of the good layout.dat file (call it something like layout.safe or layout.good or some such) so that if you run into the problem again you can just copy it back to layout.dat and fix the problem without losing your other frame positions.
This must be it (will test tomorrow), but when I was just seeing if I could get a frame to open at all, I probably closed it with the x. (Why not, right?) Hmm, this is something that should be fixed.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

plothos wrote:Hmm, this is something that should be fixed.
Nah. We're thinking we'll just leave it this way until people start to depend on this behaviour. Then it'll be fixed.

;) :roll:

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

plothos wrote:This must be it (will test tomorrow), but when I was just seeing if I could get a frame to open at all, I probably closed it with the x. (Why not, right?) Hmm, this is something that should be fixed.
I have fixed it and will send the patch to Trevor with a few other small bug fixes later today

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Craig wrote:I have fixed it and will send the patch to Trevor with a few other small bug fixes later today
Gracias, mi amigo! :mrgreen:

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Well, I'm away and working with the campaign on my laptop. Problem isn't there, even if I close the frame with the x. I'll have to check to wait till I get back home to see what the deal is with the other computer. (Any chance it's a vista vs. XP thing? - the XP computer works, but not the vista one.)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

plothos wrote:(Any chance it's a vista vs. XP thing? - the XP computer works, but not the vista one.)
Nope.

Return to “Announcements”