MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

wrathchild
Dragon

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 50

Post by wrathchild »

BUG:

Horisontal hex maps cannot change facing in b50, it seems. Vertical hex maps seem fine.

EDIT: Seems to be only an existing files problem - new campaign files are fine it seems.

EDIT 2: And creating a new horisontal map in the campaign file resolves the problem.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

This might have something to do with phergus' facing patch in b50, he might need to add some legacy support in
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Health bar issues have not been fixed for b50, for what I've seen.

I was planning on using two health bars for my campaign, but it seems I'll have to change my plans. I hope this is fixed eventually though.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

wrathchild wrote:BUG:
Horisontal hex maps cannot change facing in b50, it seems. Vertical hex maps seem fine.
EDIT: Seems to be only an existing files problem - new campaign files are fine it seems.
EDIT 2: And creating a new horisontal map in the campaign file resolves the problem.
It is from the facings patch. I'll look into what it takes to fix that.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Phergus wrote:
wrathchild wrote:BUG:
It is from the facings patch. I'll look into what it takes to fix that.

While I was playing Friday night, I did try to set my facing and it only seemed to go to 4 corners instead of 8. This was using a top down token and a square grid. I only tried it once, and it was real quick, so I may have missed something, but you might want to double check since your messing around in that area anyway.... I am not sure how old the campaign file was, ie if it was made in b49 and upgraded or what.....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

There's a couple checkboxes in campaign properties I think, that lets you determine where the facings hit. So you can do corners or just sides or both.

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Further observations:

When the new map is deleted, the problem returns, at least when reloading the campaign after a shutdown. Manipulating the checkboxes does not resolve the problem.

If the new map is created when both checkboxes are checked, facing becomes like before b50, even when checkboxes are unchecked.

Oh, but the change is otherwise supercool! Works like a charm in my pogbased setup.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

Great job everybody.

Jay H
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

jfrazierjr wrote:While I was playing Friday night, I did try to set my facing and it only seemed to go to 4 corners instead of 8. This was using a top down token and a square grid.
The default is for just the faces and you can select faces, vertices, both or none as Aria mentioned.

Also the settings only take effect once a new map is made which is why existing maps in campaigns end up with no facings. That's a bug to be fixed.

Short term if you are loading a previously made campaign, make sure the preferences are how you want them and add a new empty map to your campaign after it is loaded.

Sorry about that. I should have caught this. :oops:

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Phergus wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:While I was playing Friday night, I did try to set my facing and it only seemed to go to 4 corners instead of 8. This was using a top down token and a square grid.
The default is for just the faces and you can select faces, vertices, both or none as Aria mentioned.

Also the settings only take effect once a new map is made which is why existing maps in campaigns end up with no facings. That's a bug to be fixed.

Short term if you are loading a previously made campaign, make sure the preferences are how you want them and add a new empty map to your campaign after it is loaded.

Sorry about that. I should have caught this. :oops:
That's ok, thanks to you and Arai both.. I did not know there was an option in the Campaign to change some of this stuff and I assume the GM may not have set them up....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Our group used b50 last night for a good while, no real problems noted on the maptools side of the field. Seems like a pretty great build. Thanks!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

FdL wrote:Health bar issues have not been fixed for b50, for what I've seen.

I was planning on using two health bars for my campaign, but it seems I'll have to change my plans. I hope this is fixed eventually though.
Could you point me to the specific health bar issues you experienced ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

trevor wrote:
FdL wrote:Health bar issues have not been fixed for b50, for what I've seen.

Could you point me to the specific health bar issues you experienced ?
- A 2 image health bar won't align correctly when you tell it to be on the bottom. Even more, it's placed somewhere in the middle of the token and moves down the token when you zoom in and up to its position when you zoom out.

Putting it on the left doesn't do anything at all.
Putting it on the right makes a similar scrolling thing, but it all happens in the place where the bar is when you put it on the top of the token.

Emptying it seems to stretch the image in place of the bar, filling it does the opposite, where maximum is the correct scale of the image.

Horizontal image placed on the top scales well wuth zoom.

- Two tone bar works okay.

- Single image bars scale wrong, which is noticeable as it changes with zoom. Does the same regardles the position you put it in, (ie, always shows in the top of the token and does the weird scaling). In the case of the left and right positions, the part of the bar shown seems to decrease/increase the right way (vertically), but it does so on an horizontal bar.

- Multiple Images bar doesn't respond to aligning it on bottom, left or right. It always fills/empties the same as top alignment should (which is ok for it, being that the one I tested it on it's designed as an horizontal bar).

heathan666
Giant

Post by heathan666 »

I've been having a problem when I'm editing tokens that maptools will lock up and when I try to close it, it will begin to try and lock up my computer.
I'm not sure why its doing this but it's only been doing that sense the b50 update.
"Nat 20 man, reroll a plate wearer next time."
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Does it do this without any campaigns loaded? I'm wondering if there was a campaign data format change that your (older) campaign is triggering.

Return to “Announcements”