MapTool 1.3 Development Build 51

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 51

Post by cubeblue »

Steel Rat wrote:Great work doods! darn, I shouldn't be using words like that when I'm almost 47. ;)
I agree, great work!

Also, if you're almost 47, I'd argue you should use words like "doods" even more frequently.

Looking forward to b52.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Hawke wrote:Are auras in this build? And if so... how do I use them? Searched all three pages of this thread and didn't see any details.
So after some searching I found the following seems to work:

Aura - 1 : aura square 1.50#ff0000

So it seems that adding aura to the beginning of a light definition creates an aura and that auras are

1) Work like light in the sense they can be used to paint area around a token
2) Do not actually "cast light" so they are not inherently affecting vision at all in-and-of-themselves
3) Cannot accept 2 levels of (like bright/dim light)

Seems straightforward. I didn't see any text on how to handle them below in the light area... might be a good idea to add some to make it a little clearer.

This will be helpful to one of the characters in my game that has a particular stance that creates an aura... I might also consider using auras for some AOE burst effects (give the characters little source tokens to use) rather than the templates. Cool stuff.

Suddry
Kobold

Post by Suddry »

Hawke wrote:So after some searching I found the following seems to work:

Aura - 1 : aura square 1.50#ff0000

So it seems that adding aura to the beginning of a light definition creates an aura and that auras are...
Awesome stuff! I just tried it. Works awesome! I'll be adding it to several of my monster tokens. Thanks!
Last edited by Suddry on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

I converted my B50 game to b51 and ecounter this error on a couple of maps immediately upon selecting the map. I am able to switch the map (MT doesn't crash) but it won't display the map with the error at all. Thus far I've found two maps that display this error.

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.rptools.maptool.model.drawing.ConeTemplate.getBounds(ConeTemplate.java:229)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.PartitionedDrawableRenderer.createChunk(PartitionedDrawableRenderer.java:201)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.PartitionedDrawableRenderer.renderDrawables(PartitionedDrawableRenderer.java:119)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderDrawableOverlay(ZoneRenderer.java:1239)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:680)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:564)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Played tonight had 2 issues I thought I would mention in the event that Trevor releases something tonight:

1. End of game I clicked close. When the save dialog came up I said yes to save and then as soon as I clicked the button, MT instantly closed - no save. Lost all the we did tonight. :(

2. Not sure if this was a fluke but one player was working fine but then couldn't pan the map anymore. Could do everything else, just couldn't pan. Had to close and open MT and all was fine again.

No errors in the logs at all for both.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Taragnor wrote:I converted my B50 game to b51 and ecounter this error on a couple of maps immediately upon selecting the map. I am able to switch the map (MT doesn't crash) but it won't display the map with the error at all. Thus far I've found two maps that display this error.
This should be accounted for in b52
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

wrathchild wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:Syntax is exactly the same as existing where you would put in square or round, you can now place 'cone' directly after that, you can put in an optional "arc=X" which will default to 90 degrees in you do not put in any arc= value.
Is it just me or is this syntax explanation not included in the screen texts - those that present the square and circle options?
added for b52

trevor

Post by trevor »

Craig wrote: Ok I got a similar error last night, after clicking the close and saving when it asked me if I want to save MapTool got stuck and I had to kill it. I didn't think much of it at the time as my computer has been playing up a lot last couple of days. But I managed to dig up the error from the log file.

Code: Select all

2009-03-04 00:43:16,388 [AWT-EventQueue-1] ERROR - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.jeta.open.support.DefaultComponentFinder.unregisterComponent(Unknown Source)

It's blowing up in the JIDE docking library. Which is odd since I'm doing the same thing the demo source does. Either way, I've worked around that specific call, you shouldn't see it anymore.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Rumble wrote: Double clicking on the memory bar will drop it back down considerably, but it climbs up steadily as I edit macros. If you want, I can post a link to the campaign.
This isn't totally unexpected. The default garbage collector in Java tries to reduce the amount of overhead by only cleaning up what it _has_ to, and only _when_ it has to.

So as long as there is memory to use, it'll grab it.

That said, I could definitely look at your campaign and see if there's something going on, just email it to me.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: 1. End of game I clicked close. When the save dialog came up I said yes to save and then as soon as I clicked the button, MT instantly closed - no save. Lost all the we did tonight. :(
Odd. Not sure why this would have happened, especially without an error. Bummer about the loss :(

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

When I shut down MT, it prompts to save, but then shuts down really fast. Like, super-dang-fast, to the point where I'm not convinced its saving (there's also no longer a "campaign saved" dialog).

Edit: In fact, it does not. MT does not save if you use the "save campaign before you exit" option. Test procedure:

1. Open MT b51.
2. Move 3 - 4 tokens on to the map.
3. Select File -> Exit
4. Click "Yes" on "Would you like to save your campaign before you exit?"
5. Complete information in save dialog; click save

Observed result: MT exits immediately. Upon reopening, campaign was not saved.

If you save manually, you can save just fine (however, MT will still not save any changes if you do File->Exit and try to save on the way out).

trevor

Post by trevor »

You're right. Oops. My bad.

Fixed for b52

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

trevor wrote:You're right. Oops. My bad.

Fixed for b52

It's cool - when I make campaigns, I save obsessively anyway. B51 is superb, even so. Thanks.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

dorpond wrote:1. End of game I clicked close. When the save dialog came up I said yes to save and then as soon as I clicked the button, MT instantly closed - no save. Lost all the we did tonight. :(
You do still have the autosave and/or backup campaign, right?

trevor

Post by trevor »

He shuts his off since it takes about 30 seconds to save his campaign.

Return to “Announcements”