MapTool 1.3 Development Build 52

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Wigs
Kobold

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 52

Post by Wigs »

trevor wrote: Is it consistently broken with b52 and not with b50 ? (that is, you've tried it again in both versions?)

do you get the same behavior if you start a new campaign in b52?
no, when i start a new campaign its fine, just when importing my old campaign

i tried to replicate the problem again, making a map in b50 then opening it in b52, it seems the grid size stays right but its offset information is lost so

in b50 the grid size is adjusted to 31 and offset y -28 and x -8
when loaded into b52 the size is still 31 and the offset is at y 0 x 0

the tokens still jump a bit but its only on the first move then they move normally.

hope this is more clear

Wigs
Kobold

Post by Wigs »

not sure if this is a bug or i dont know what i'm doing but

i have a campaign i've made. i start server and my friend connects

he has his own token with his own images and macros

1st i dont see his images, the token and portrait are both the placeholder question mark

2nd i can press all his macros that belong to that token in my selection window....maybe it's because i'm gm or maybe there's an option we're missing

i am on vista 32 with aero
he is on mac

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

2. It's because you're the GM.

Players can only select tokens they own, so other players wouldn't even see his macro names in their selection panel.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Wigs wrote:not sure if this is a bug or i dont know what i'm doing but

i have a campaign i've made. i start server and my friend connects

he has his own token with his own images and macros

1st i dont see his images, the token and portrait are both the placeholder question mark
we have encountered this for several builds now... All of the images that need to be displayed must be on the image libraries on the server to be visible to other clients and the Server. Otherwise the image will only show on te client that loaded it. SO... We e-mail all of our token art to our GM for loading on his server. Then at game time, the when the player drags his token (mycharacter.rptok) onto the map, the image will show up.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

Just wanted to say how I am eternally impressed with MapTool. My group of old college buddies is very busy, and scattered around the east coast. We want to play D&D 4e, but we're lucky if we can get 3 hours, once / week to play. Simply put, MapTool is essentially the only way we could make this tolerable. The (ridiculously) flexible macro system has allowed me to automate a large part of our game, we no longer have to keep track of Temp AC / states / ongoing damage / temp HP / bonuses to hit bloodied enemies / all these other random things like getting bonuses to hit after enemies die / etc etc. This level of automation has allowed us to actually move through combat encounters at a quick pace, still leaving room for plenty of roleplay in the session too, even if the session is so short! Further, this newest build b52, _really_ improved the speed of my maps from b50, it was like getting a fast new computer!

So my heartfelt thanks to the dev team and community for allowing me to enjoy this hobby. :)

heathan666
Giant

Post by heathan666 »

so I was going to set up auras and well...maptools decided today was not a good day to do this. Maptools said, bye bye now, and it spit in my face...bad maptools bad.
So on the assumption like every other program I'm assuming I did something wrong...however I saw this was an issue before hand and wanted to know if it has been fixed?
"Nat 20 man, reroll a plate wearer next time."
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

@Mathemagician Thanks for the encouragement, it's always great to hear

@heathan666 Could you provide some specifics of how it failed? Did you get an error message ? At what point in the start-up/usage process did it break ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

heathan666, did it crash when you were setting up auras? I had that happen when I forgot to (IIRC) set a color for the aura - MapTool went nuts, had to kill it via the process list.

I seem to recall it was version b52 that happened in - I believe I mentioned it upthread, too.

heathan666
Giant

Post by heathan666 »

no I did not set the colors, ya I thought it was funky cuz I was like, wow I know I've played with this before and it worked, wth happened now???
I think that should fix it, but ya now that you mention that I remember me and a friend talkin' about the auras we where setting them to "Blood Red" for the blood of our enemeis who fall before our feet. MUWAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
"Nat 20 man, reroll a plate wearer next time."
Kugan - "All bless the god KA-CHING!"

trevor

Post by trevor »

Rumble wrote:heathan666, did it crash when you were setting up auras? I had that happen when I forgot to (IIRC) set a color for the aura - MapTool went nuts, had to kill it via the process list.

I seem to recall it was version b52 that happened in - I believe I mentioned it upthread, too.
This is fixed in b53

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Oh, I know you'd already gotten the fix in; I though that might have been what heathan666 ran into, is all. I only discovered it by accident myself.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Hey Trevor, were you able to get a B53 out this weekend to fix the javaw not closing? I was wondering where my 4gb of memory was going to, lol. For me under Vista Home Premium 64, the command window wasn't closing. Closing it manually still didn't get rid of the related javaw.exe process.

Not a huge deal since I was mainly using B50 (and have previous versions of my maps saved, you're not escaping the sticky plant that easily! ;) ).

However, I will re-iterate my previous UI requests ;)

- Remember last zoom and position on save (This used to work, mentioned before. I think it changed somewhere between b30 and b33, Confirmed that this is remembered with b30)
- Remember grid on/off settings for the campaign/map
- Remember token names on/off for campaign/map
- And a new one, remember coordinates on/off for campaign/map

Thanks again all for the all the hard work!!!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Steel Rat wrote:you're not escaping the sticky plant that easily! ;)
Dangit !

Anyway, b53 is all ready to go, I'll do the build when I get home tonight.

I've noted your requests on my todo list.

Return to “Announcements”