MapTool 1.3 Development Build 53

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 53

Post by trevor »

The "Let's get this thing stable again" build

This build is an attempt to stabilize 1.3, so pretty much only critical bug fixes.

I apologize to all the other feature contributions. I've got those queued up and will put them in b54.

Build 53 (3/10/09)
* Fix bug: aura is trumping bright light
* Fix bug: dragging a token is too sensitive going left or up on initial drag
* Fix bug: not specifying an aura color freezes up MT
* Fix bug: bright light is not clearing out shadow/colored light
* Fix bug: java not fully shutting down when closing the app
* Fix bug: auras not honoring vbl
* Fix bug: vbl not updating immediately when switching to/from Player View
* Spanish translation update (Contributed by Patricio)

Craig W
* Fix bug: fix some annoyances with returning JSON objects/arrays and numbers from user defined functions
* [macro(): { ... }] will now strip leading trailing spaces from output so that
returns after [h: ] and before a single [r: ] wont be inserted into ouput.
* Only properties that belong to the current property type for the token can be
read via variables to make it consistant with setting properties as a variable.
You can still use getProperty()/setProperty() to refer to the other "hidden"
properties.
* Macro Link ToolTips will no longer throw a null pointer exception if the Lib:token
does not exist.
* The problems with [frame(): { ... }] frames dissapearing should now be fixed.
* Evaluated ToolTips for Campaign and Global macro buttons should no longer throw
Null Pointer exceptions.
* JSON additions (this should round out all the JSON functionality)
* json.count(array, value, [start]) - Returns the number of times value occurs in
the array, starting from 'start' index (defaults to 0).
* json.indexOf(array, value, [start]) - Retunrs the index of the first occurance
of value in the array starting from index 'start' (defaults to 0).
* json.merge(json, json [, ...]) - Merges json arrays or json objects. For arrays
the values are simply appened to the end of the array. For objects where the
key exists in more than one object the last version of the value is used.
* json.unique(array) - Returns the array with no duplications (order is not
preserved).
* json.removeAll(json, json [, ...]) - Removes all the values/keys from the first
object or array that are in the other objects or arrays.
* json.union(json, json [, ...]) - Returns an array with the union of all of the
keys (in the case of objects) or values (in the case of arrays).
* json.difference(json, json) - Returns an array with the differs of all of the
keys (in the case of objects) or values (in the case of arrays).
* json.intersection(json, json [, ...]) - Returns an array with the intersection of
all of the keys (in the case of objects) or values (in the case of arrays).
* json.subset(json, json [, ...]) - Returns 1 if all of the keys (in the case of
objects) or values (in the case of arrays) are contained in the first object/array.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 53

Post by Phergus »

Curiously, between yesterday and today's code, the tokens are no longer visible while dragging from resource library to the map.

Daeger
Cave Troll

Post by Daeger »

Phergus wrote:Curiously, between yesterday and today's code, the tokens are no longer visible while dragging from resource library to the map.
I'm not having this problem.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:Curiously, between yesterday and today's code, the tokens are no longer visible while dragging from resource library to the map.
It was a new feature I was working on, but it was causing some issues, so I pulled it out so that I could get this build out

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but I am unable to get auras to work.

Using a web start of b51, 52 or 53, I open the default campaign, go straight to properties and add "Aura - 1 : aura square 1.50#00ff00" as a light source, drop a token, make it have vision and add the aura light source. Set the map vision to "night" and turn on FOW. Drop another token, give it sight and a light source, Ctrl-I to reveal, and the aura never shows up.

I've obviously forgotten something somewhere, but can't find it. Help?
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

Wigs
Kobold

Post by Wigs »

thanks for the new build, i'll try to but it through the ringer today :D

edit: just a quick 5 min run, tokens move smoothly, loading previous maps, no grid changed needed. javaw.exe stop immediatly upon exit

well for me its working great. but untill i really get into some big macros i wont know aobut that side of it

Trevor are there any plans/is there any way to fix the player made tokens? currently all my players tokens have to be emailed to me and put in my resources as the gm before the game? since this program supports file sharing would it be possible for everyone to log on with their own custom tokens and they be shared with everyone? if its a bandwidth issue maybe when you connect all players auto send their tokens to gm and the rest of the files get distributed from the gm after the initial xfer

i'm not a java whiz so i dont know how much of a chore this would be. but its honestly my only complaint

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

thecyberwolfe wrote:Don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but I am unable to get auras to work.

Using a web start of b51, 52 or 53, I open the default campaign, go straight to properties and add "Aura - 1 : aura square 1.50#00ff00" as a light source, drop a token, make it have vision and add the aura light source. Set the map vision to "night" and turn on FOW. Drop another token, give it sight and a light source, Ctrl-I to reveal, and the aura never shows up.

I've obviously forgotten something somewhere, but can't find it. Help?
Since your aura is 1.5, make sure your new map is set for 1 and not 5 (I think it is called Distance Per Cell - that first box in the new map dialog box). If it is set for 5, the aura will be so small that you won't see it.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Wigs wrote:Trevor are there any plans/is there any way to fix the player made tokens? currently all my players tokens have to be emailed to me and put in my resources as the gm before the game? since this program supports file sharing would it be possible for everyone to log on with their own custom tokens and they be shared with everyone? if its a bandwidth issue maybe when you connect all players auto send their tokens to gm and the rest of the files get distributed from the gm after the initial xfer
Players can just drag their own tokens from the Resource Library to the Map during game. This has always been the case.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I used 1.3B53 last night during game and didn't have any issues. Great job Trevor!

patoace
Dragon

Post by patoace »

If I put a token with aura under VBL, Maptool start sending "An unexpected error..." warning.

I can retake control by clicking "close" several times and then deactivating the aura via "Map Explorer" Panel

This under Windows XP and Java 1.6.0_12-b04

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

dorpond wrote:
Wigs wrote:Trevor are there any plans/is there any way to fix the player made tokens? currently all my players tokens have to be emailed to me and put in my resources as the gm before the game? since this program supports file sharing would it be possible for everyone to log on with their own custom tokens and they be shared with everyone? if its a bandwidth issue maybe when you connect all players auto send their tokens to gm and the rest of the files get distributed from the gm after the initial xfer
Players can just drag their own tokens from the Resource Library to the Map during game. This has always been the case.
I think he may be referring to the "?" problem where the token arrives before the image asset and thus the token gets assigned the unknown image asset id.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

trevor wrote:It was a new feature I was working on, but it was causing some issues, so I pulled it out so that I could get this build out
Ahh. Didn't catch that in the commit comments.

trevor

Post by trevor »

patoace wrote:If I put a token with aura under VBL, Maptool start sending "An unexpected error..." warning.

I can retake control by clicking "close" several times and then deactivating the aura via "Map Explorer" Panel

Ahh good catch, I can guess what the problem is, will be an easy fix

trevor

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote: I think he may be referring to the "?" problem where the token arrives before the image asset and thus the token gets assigned the unknown image asset id.
This is high on my priority list for b54

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:
patoace wrote:If I put a token with aura under VBL, Maptool start sending "An unexpected error..." warning.

Ahh good catch, I can guess what the problem is, will be an easy fix
So you have more to work with Trevor. You can recreate by adding an aura to your token and throwing it under VBL:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.awt.geom.Area.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderLights(ZoneRenderer.java:838)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.renderZone(ZoneRenderer.java:665)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.zone.ZoneRenderer.paintComponent(ZoneRenderer.java:564)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:24)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Return to “Announcements”