MapTool 1.3 Development Build 54

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 54

Post by Azhrei »

Cweord wrote:Campaign propertys are saving as .mtmacro not .mtprop this happens both if you select mtpropertys or leave it as default.
There's already a Bug Report post for this.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Ahead of me a usual - just the way I like it.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

So it is not missed, I just found a critical bug with b54:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7984

The FOR() loop now functions incorrectly so any macro code with that loop in it is broken.

EDIT: This is NOT as critical as I first thought. It IS still broken, but only for certain non 1 increment cases like: FOR(i, 0, 5, 2)
Last edited by lmarkus001 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Cweord could you post that in the MapTool->Bug Report forum and I'll get it patched up
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Azhrei wrote: Okay, thanks. I think the patch I sent Trevor will fix that. Somehow I had a comparison backwards. :(
Azhrei,
The patch you gave Trevor, gets rid of the problem, however, it doesn't bring back the functionality you accidentally took away in B54 - stuff that was there since the creation of the InitPanel.

What it used to do:
Client: if I double click on any token showing in InitPanel, the map would pan to that token and the token would be in the middle of the screen. It didn't matter if I owned the token or not - I could still double click the token and the map would pan me there.
GM: if I double click on any token in InitPanel, the map would pan to that token and the token would be in the middle of the screen.

Note: both cases above did not zoom. That was a good thing since players usually have the map set to a zoom they like. The panning was good because it allowed the players to find the next monster attacking at a simple doubleclick.

What is does now after the Azhrei patch:
Client: if I double click on a token in InitPanel, no pan takes place.
GM: if I double click on a token in InitPanel, it just 'selects' (candy cane) the token but no pan takes place.

Can we please have it back to the way it was pre-b54?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

dorpond wrote:
Azhrei wrote: Okay, thanks. I think the patch I sent Trevor will fix that. Somehow I had a comparison backwards. :(
Azhrei,
The patch you gave Trevor, gets rid of the problem, however, it doesn't bring back the functionality you accidentally took away in B54 - stuff that was there since the creation of the InitPanel.

What it used to do:
Client: if I double click on any token showing in InitPanel, the map would pan to that token and the token would be in the middle of the screen. It didn't matter if I owned the token or not - I could still double click the token and the map would pan me there.
GM: if I double click on any token in InitPanel, the map would pan to that token and the token would be in the middle of the screen.

Note: both cases above did not zoom. That was a good thing since players usually have the map set to a zoom they like. The panning was good because it allowed the players to find the next monster attacking at a simple doubleclick.

What is does now after the Azhrei patch:
Client: if I double click on a token in InitPanel, no pan takes place.
GM: if I double click on a token in InitPanel, it just 'selects' (candy cane) the token but no pan takes place.

Can we please have it back to the way it was pre-b54?
And all my bug report was about was that if the GM has continuous client centering that double-clicking the init panel tokens did not pan the clients.

I played with b53 on Friday due to lighting issues. I expect the old behavior as well.

IMarv

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

This should be fixed for b55
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Sorry, dorpond. :(

I had sent one patch to Trevor a few days ago that corrected the "linked update" issue, then sent another last night that included the recentering of the person doing the clicking. He has committed the code to SVN and I've updated and it looks like it functions now. Fortunately, he actually looked at code and noticed that it was missing an "isGM()" call -- otherwise anyone double-clicking would've repositioned all other clients. :)

There was code in there previously (from the original implementation) that deselected all tokens and selected the one that was just double-clicked. I never understood why it was there. I didn't think it was a good idea and apparently he agreed as it looks like it's removed from the SVN code.

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

b53 centers and selects, this is quite handy if you're centering on a token that is in a stack of tokens.

(Map Explorer works this way as well.)

IMarv

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Not a problem Azhrei! :)

One question for you though. Macros don't seem to work in the InitPanel. Trevor said he would look at it quickly tonight, but I wanted to know if you were in the middle of something before he did. Let me know.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Woops!

Loading Maptools today I got this error in the console:

Apr 6, 2009 5:47:31 PM com.jidesoft.docking.DefaultDockingManager a
WARNING: Error loading layout - null

and of course my layout was reset to default again.

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

I installed .54 and hosted a server. I can not get the a second instance of the .54 to connect. I get an error - Can not load campaign.

The test function shows that I can be seen from the internet. Portforwarding is done.

I reloaded version .50 and had no problems. Connects right away.

It also does not connect with Direct or Lan connect.

Never had this problem with previous versions once I figured out port forwarding.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Azhrei wrote:There was code in there previously (from the original implementation) that deselected all tokens and selected the one that was just double-clicked. I never understood why it was there. I didn't think it was a good idea and apparently he agreed as it looks like it's removed from the SVN code.
Why is it not a good idea? When I double click a token in init... that's exactly what I want. I want to see that token, and have it selected (and no others). Why? Because it's probably that token's turn, and I want to act with it (and not others)

This is what I expected it to do before I'd ever used it, and it did what I expected. Intuitive.

So why is it changing? That's going to be unhelpful and add extra mouse movement and clicks to every NPC action now.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

I agree. Double clicking on the name in the initiative panel should center on the token and select it.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Azhrei wrote:There was code in there previously (from the original implementation) that deselected all tokens and selected the one that was just double-clicked. I never understood why it was there. I didn't think it was a good idea and apparently he agreed as it looks like it's removed from the SVN code.
IIRC, there was a long discussion on the forums about selecting and focusing on the token via the init panel. The result was that double-clicking should do exactly that, and thus it was implemented. Not to sound accusatory, but to randomly undo that on a whim without consulting the community here seems a bit presumptuous. I think more caution should be taken before removing a function from the application.
Kristian

Return to “Announcements”