MapTool 1.3 Development Build 55

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

whitemage
Kobold

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 55

Post by whitemage »

Big_Mac wrote:Can we stop with the new stuff for 1.3? PLEASE. Lets get it to release. Concentrate on bugs no more changes. [...] Please lets all work toward getting 1.3 final.
I totally agree with this statement! We need a stable 1.3 release. 8)

Adding features is cool but it ALWAYS leads to more bugs.

I play with b50 right now and I have not upgraded yet because of the bugs that keep popping up.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Amaril wrote:Please do not try to do this for 1.3! It can wait until 1.4. We are in desperate need of a stable release.
FYI, I used Unofficial-B56 last night during game and it was rock solid. We are getting close! :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

The issue is whether you consider this a bug or not. When a new user logs into 1.3, makes a campaign file, fills it with maps, then wants to use one map in a different campaign, is he going to be frustrated or not that he cannot export that map?

I tend to think that the map SHOULD be something that I can export, and thus this is a bug in 1.3.

Just my opinion.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

I'm glad it's your opinion since it's very wrong. :D

When I got my motorcycle, I thought it should have come complete with hottie sitting on the pillion in sexy riding leathers. I'd imagine submitting that under warranty would have gained me no hottie but much derision. :wink:

It's a stretch at best to say that a lack of an export map function is a bug. No matter how much someone wants it.

Stable 1.3, please. New functions later.
I cast firecube! ~4E

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Mathemagician wrote:The issue is whether you consider this a bug or not. When a new user logs into 1.3, makes a campaign file, fills it with maps, then wants to use one map in a different campaign, is he going to be frustrated or not that he cannot export that map?

I tend to think that the map SHOULD be something that I can export, and thus this is a bug in 1.3.

Just my opinion.

A bug is an exiting feature that is broken in someway or does not work. The export map is a good idea (I see the value and I suspect most everyone else does too), that is not there. It is something you desire but is not based on existing functionality. The argument "I think it, there for it must be" has cause bigger and better funded project than this, to fail. If we do not allow the core developer to continue forward he may/can/will get bored.
--
Big Mac

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

(Health Bars)
trevor wrote: I just did a test, and it looks like it is working correctly. Be sure that your health bar images are not square. They need to be exactly the right size (no filler). If the image is square, then it will always look like it is on the top or left. I've noticed that many of the posted health bars in the User Contrib forum are square images.
Ohh...It never ocurred to me that this could be the problem. I feel stupid now for not having thought of that v.v

All my health bar images are indeed square. This must come from the time where bars were just statuses. Guess I have some cropping work to do.

Thanks for taking the time to sort this out, I really appreciate it :)

Edit: Yeah, stable 1.3 should be first immediate priority. Then they can keep adding and tweaking.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Okay, I went right into MT to test the bars thing.

I took the two square files to crop them identically and made a 2 image bar.

These are the exact images I used:

First thing, this is a capture of the dialog, which shows several things that are not right:

As you see, the images appear stretched down to fill the whole preview square.

I have to say that on the top position, this 2 image bar I made works perfectly. So good enough for me, really, I could move from a multiple images bar to a 2 image one.

Then I put the bar on the right, as shown, and noticed the preview on the lower part didn't change. I tried the slider and as shown, it still treats the image as a block, emptying it vertically. This can be seen in the cap, as I tried to adjust the bar into a point in which the visible part is slightly filled. It's easy to recreate though.

I'll try to test this more thoroughly when I have time though.

Mathemagician
Dragon

Post by Mathemagician »

Jector wrote:
When I got my motorcycle, I thought it should have come complete with hottie sitting on the pillion in sexy riding leathers. I'd imagine submitting that under warranty would have gained me no hottie but much derision. :wink:
That's funny, I only ever see big burly men on motorcycles, hotties are very absent. :P
Big_Mac wrote: A bug is an exiting feature that is broken in someway or does not work.
The existing feature is called "save" and it doesn't work because I can "create new map" but I cannot "save new map," if you want to play by those rules.

Honestly, I'm just defending the issue on the grounds that I was under the impression that this community's working definition of bug is the one I said, basic and expected functionality that does not exist. Maybe I'm wrong.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Mathemagician wrote: That's funny, I only ever see big burly men on motorcycles, hotties are very absent. :P
Alas, I am neither big nor burly. :lol:
I do have a hottie to be balast for me now, but I had to find her on my own. Life is so unfair.
Mathemagician wrote: Honestly, I'm just defending the issue on the grounds that I was under the impression that this community's working definition of bug is the one I said, basic and expected functionality that does not exist. Maybe I'm wrong.
Every definition I've encountered for "bug" is a function that works improperly. If the function didn't exist before, it's absence does not a bug make.
I cast firecube! ~4E

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

FdL wrote: Then I put the bar on the right
Note that in order to use vertical (right/left) bars you'll need vertical images. Currently the bars are not smart enough to rotate the image, you have to do that yourself before importing them. Try that and see how it works for you.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

trevor wrote:
FdL wrote: Then I put the bar on the right
Note that in order to use vertical (right/left) bars you'll need vertical images. Currently the bars are not smart enough to rotate the image, you have to do that yourself before importing them. Try that and see how it works for you.
Good, that's an important thing to know. Maybe it should be better documented somewhere.

Return to “Announcements”