MapTool 1.3 Development Build 56

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Gulmyros
Kobold

Re: MapTool 1.3 Development Build 56

Post by Gulmyros »

thecyberwolfe wrote:Were you just using a single instance of MapTool? As I understand it, certain vision aspects only work for a client session - the GM session always sees everything.

Once you get MT working again, either go up to the View menu and choose "View as Player" or start a server and connect another instance of MapTool to it and you may see some differences when adjusting the VO.
I've run multiple instances for testing things before, but I don't think I had one running during the Vision Opacity error. I know I checked the "View as Player" option several times, but it didn't occur to me that a separate instance of MT might interpret that differently. I'll go check that out before I report the bug. Thanks for the tip.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Looking good dudes!

I would still like to add my old nitpicks, however:

- Remember last map zoom and visibility state upon save (includes grid and coordinates visibilty)

As always, any of my token sets on RPGMapShare.com can be used as default tokens in MT if desired.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

The error on startup should be handled by MT more gracefully, and can be done trivially by restricting the range that's attempting to be used.

I'll put in a fix for that.

In the mean time, fixing your registry is pretty easy:

Start->run->regedit

expand the left side down this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\/Map/Tool

select the /Map/Tool item on the left of the screen (in the tree), and hit the Delete key.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Announcements”