MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 30

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

snikle wrote: Wondering if it might be good to have a keyboard switch
This is a possibility
snikle wrote:I like the Editor Tool for the name, I will try to come up with a new icon for it, any ideas?
Hmmm, nope, I was struggling with Stamp (as you can see from the original icon)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

ego093
Giant

Post by ego093 »

This is getting a little complicated. :)

There definitely needs to be a keyboard shortcut to allow for quick switching... a toggle + cursor change would work or just specific keyboard shortcuts to minimize confusion. Shift and ctrl click usually mean area or multiple select.

About the names, Token Tool and Editor (or Builder) Tool make sense, since it's not exactly a stamp tool (like Phergus said, stamp is a pretty specific UI thing).

trevor

Post by trevor »

I like the quick key and the different mouse pointer, we've got some new pointers that we'll integrate post 1.1

huhlig
Giant

Post by huhlig »

Ok, Ive gotta ask just because this is anoying the daylights out of me. Is there anyway to have a 2 pixel gridline. Every tile I try to use is a square such as 50x50. so there is a ring around each tile. You support 1 3 and 5 but not 2 or 4. Is it a possibility or do I need to start introducing a one pixel line between each square to make it work effectivly? Am I missing something?

trevor

Post by trevor »

The motivation for the odd numbered sizes is so that you get an even number of pixels on each side of the single pixel grid line. Having an odd number might make it look funny. But we can look at it and make a judgement call.

huhlig
Giant

Post by huhlig »

Ahh, I build my grid lines into the token itself, Each token has a 1px border around it that creates a 2px border naturally when stamped. That would be my problem.

Return to “Announcements”