MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 32

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

trevor wrote:I should probably also put in Default Units Per cell, and Default Unit Type
Yes, you should. :)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:
trevor wrote:I should probably also put in Default Units Per cell, and Default Unit Type
Yes, you should. :)
Jeeez, demanding ! ;)

Fine I'll do that ! Are happy now ?!

Sheesh ;)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

And while you are there you could also put a preference for default grid size.

And...

:wink:

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:default grid size.
*lightbulb* Oh yeah, good call

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Issue:

When we browse for a map, load the map and then go to load another map, it should remember the last browse path we were in. When I load multiple maps, I have to browse starting from My Documents every time.

I think you broken it since last version because I think it used to remember our last path.

huhlig
Giant

Post by huhlig »

3 Standing bugs from about 5 versions ago.

* Zooming does not update when enforced view is active. Panning Does.

* Minimaps do not update when fow is updated.

* Enforce view does not center player on active map. (It doesnt send them to the current map.)

trevor

Post by trevor »

huhlig wrote: * Zooming does not update when enforced view is active. Panning Does.
Do you mean Enforced View (Continuous) ?
huhlig wrote: * Minimaps do not update when fow is updated.
Is this for bounded or unbounded maps ?
huhlig wrote: * Enforce view does not center player on active map. (It doesnt send them to the current map.)
Enforce view (once) ? That's actually intended. The idea is that the GM may want to center the player's view _before_ they come to the zone. Perhaps the GM hasn't shared the map yet, and wants them on the right place before sharing. I could be convinced that it's not valueable that way.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Unit per cell is greyed out for me. I cannot change it from feet to miles.
I've removed this from the UI for now. In 1.2 I'll put it back in and add the units to the distance measurements on the map (right now units aren't shown anyway)

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: View Token Tiles: Is that just showing us the names of the tokens?
I think you're right "names" is more intuitive than "titles". Don't know what I was thinking on that one :) I've updated it to "Token Names"

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:I am not sure if this cropped up this version or if it was always there.

I was playing around with the line template and found that I get some real weird map jumping if I hit the right button when in this mode. If you want to reporduce it, Just draw some lines with the line template but hit the right button before, during or after the line is drawn. Do this a few times. All I am doing is drawing these all over the map and it is happening.

Straight Line Width Doubled - I still don't see what this is doing. Maybe I am just waking up tired. ;)
this has always been there. to avoid breaking something even worse by tring to fix it, I"ll put in a tracker for 1.2

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:When I click on the stamper tools, I notice a delay while the little stamp/background appears (empty) on the upper left hand corner of the map and then it finally appears a second later in the right hand corner of the screen where it belongs.

this has happened a few times but I think it only does it the first time I load up a map. Not sure.
Fixed. will be in build 33

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:And while you are there you could also put a preference for default grid size.
Done for 1.1b33

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote: When we browse for a map, load the map and then go to load another map, it should remember the last browse path we were in. When I load multiple maps, I have to browse starting from My Documents every time.
Fixed for 1.1b33

trevor

Post by trevor »

huhlig wrote: * Minimaps do not update when fow is updated.
Fixed for 1.1b33

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I hade a meltdown last night at the game with B32.

I started up the Host PC, connected the client PC via wireless on a LAN and everything seemed alright..

Until I switched maps and forced the switch to the client. All the client had was a loading screen - for about 10 minutes. Not matter what map I switched too, I couldn't get it to go away on the client side.

I was in a panic because I was about to start game (we start on time - no if's and's or but's) so I quickly loaded up B31 and ran the night at that version without problem.

I wish I had time to troubleshoot but the last thing I wanted to do is give the players a reason to not want technology at the gaming table - I want to keep them happy and they were with B31. :)

Not sure if it was a fluke or if it is something I can reproduce -I will test it today.

I was playing a modified version of the Tower Tavern with around 3 more maps added to it showing pictures of the city if taken by a camera (just visual props).

I did notice that when I made a new map visible to the client and switched them to it, the little lights in the bottom right hand corner blinked a second or two and stopped but the loading never went away. So I guess the data was sent OK.

Hope this helps..

Return to “Announcements”