Character Tool Development Release Build 11

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

jay
RPTools Team

Character Tool Development Release Build 11

Post by jay »

Build 11 for character tool is available (finally :)).

Here are the big changes:
  • CT & IT can now populate MT macros in the RPToken file. It only adds the macros that are available to your character (i.e. race and power specific). I've added an older version of TK's framework to the D&D 4e settings file. It will need to be updated to a later version or a newer framework in the future.
  • The default game settings files are now available directly from the RPTools site. They are no longer shipped with CT & IT. This will allow for easier updates to the settings files since they no longer require a code drop. The two tools can automatically download the latest version of a specific file for you, or you can download them directly from here.
  • It is now possible to 'print' the character data to a pdf form. It can be set up to work with any pdf form that has the fields named so that the code can map them directly to its properties. I've added a pdf form to the 4e settings file.
Here is the full change log:
  • Fixed Mozilla scripting bug
  • Added support to replace the true/false tokens in RPScripts
  • D&D 4e conditions/ongong damage/saves, rest of the powers, rest of the magic items, TK's macros, feats, fixed implement bug
  • Added ability to save & edit MT macros
  • Modified MT/CT mapping to use a .properties file.
  • Added support to print character data to a pdf form.
  • Updated game settings loader to access files on the internet
  • All default game settings files are available on the RPTools Site
  • Added new icon to match the site.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Re: Character Tool Development Release Build 11

Post by torstan »

Congratulations Jay. I downloaded it and had a play around. The ability for Character Tool to build macros in maptool is phenomenal. Now I just need to make sure I have the correct campaign properties in maptool so that I can import those tokens. Any chance of a link to the relevant .mtprops file? Edit: nevermind. I see that the properties are in the post linked above to TK's set up (goes off to have a bit more of a play).

Great work. This kind of interoperability will set rptools even further in front of the competition.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Quick note - when creating a token from CharacterTool, there are some properties that should be populated with a zero rather than left blank. I created a warlock in leather armour and the armour check penalty property field was left blank. That resulted in a thievery macro that had a roll:

Code: Select all

« d20 + Thievery + DexBonus + ArmorCheckPenalty + Mod = 13 + 0 + 0 + + 0 = 130 »
which might cause a few problems!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I made a change to fix this. Could you send me your token file? I'll see if my fix is working.

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

Hi

I'm interested in trying out the GURPS game settings, but I'm having problems getting CharTool to acknowledge the existance of any game except D&D4e...

I tried the "Select Game..." menu option under the Game menu, but recieved no reaction at all. No popup. No error message. Nada. The program doesn't hang up and stop responding, it just seems to not know I even tried that particular menu option.

I manually downloaded the settings file from your above link and put it in "C:\Users\<MyID>\.chartool\game" folder, along side the Dnd4e.rpgame file, restarted chartool - nada. No extra option in the Game menu, "Select Game..." still doesn't do anything.

What am I doing wrong?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Mrugnak wrote:Hi

I'm interested in trying out the GURPS game settings, but I'm having problems getting CharTool to acknowledge the existance of any game except D&D4e...

I tried the "Select Game..." menu option under the Game menu, but recieved no reaction at all. No popup. No error message. Nada. The program doesn't hang up and stop responding, it just seems to not know I even tried that particular menu option.

I manually downloaded the settings file from your above link and put it in "C:\Users\<MyID>\.chartool\game" folder, along side the Dnd4e.rpgame file, restarted chartool - nada. No extra option in the Game menu, "Select Game..." still doesn't do anything.

What am I doing wrong?
Get it from the download zip instead of the webstart.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

jfrazierjr wrote:Get it from the download zip instead of the webstart.
Aha! Cunning!

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

As I've already posted once today, sometimes web-start just sucks :x

Return to “Announcements”