New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Warlord's Watchtower

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Warlord's Watchtower

Post by RecklessEnthusiasm »

I just released #6 of 8 of my One Dollar Dungeon map packs! This time it is Warlord's Watchtower which is a small fort with attached 5-story watchtower! Here is the copy and I've attached a sample image of the different levels as the appear in the Readme.pdf.

One Dollar Dungeon: Warlord's Watchtower
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=93141

Is it up to you to put and end to the dispotic rule of the warlord and his trained garrison? Is the hillfort under siege by the undead and your party has been broughtin as extra hired muscle? Has the emperor's brother gone into hiding in the secluded watchtower, fearing assassins sent by the mad ruler? Are you there to protect him, or are you the assassin? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

Warlord's Watchtower is the sixth in a series of One Dollar Dungeon maps, which represent convenient starting locations or class-specific adventure locals for each traditional RPG character class. The Warlord's Watchtower is a compact fort with a five story attached watchtower! The structure is mapped out in typical 1 in. = 5 ft. map format.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:

• Full color map in a single .jpg (versions with and without grid)
• High contrast black and white map in a single .jpg (great for printing on parchment textured paper)
• Legal and A4-sized PDFs of the 'sliced images' (into 7x7 tiles) for printing on your home printer

D20 Cartographer also supports Virtual Table Top systems and includes:

• 100DPI gridless .jpg with objects removed
• An object file folder with over 35 .png objects for private reuse in other maps
• A MapTools .rpmap VTT file with vision blocking and objects set up for you. The Maptools file requires version 1.3b84 or higher to work.

There you go, ladies and gents. Feel free to let me know what you think if you pick it up--I am always hurting for reviews! (also, Terry, if you are reading this--I am not sure what your username is on here--I would love to make you a regular reviewer of my stuff. Send me a PM if you are interested)
A sample image from the Readme.pdf of the five levels.
A sample image from the Readme.pdf of the five levels.
Sample Image.jpg (189.25 KiB) Viewed 2544 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Warlord's Watchtower

Post by wolph42 »

you are a machine. Again very very nice! Also, nice touch with the doors. As an extra touch (maybe as update or for the next time). You could make the endPads at the doors (so when your looking inside) size 'Large' and align them at the upper left corner. This way when one 'steps back' you are also teleported back to the outside view.

So e.g. make the PadEnd 9 large. Then place it so that the upper left corner of the four square large token is in front of the token (dont enlarge PadStart 9). Now when a token steps to the door its transported to the inside view and when it steps back its transported to the outside view. This does unfortunately not work for doors on the East and South side as you can't align the upper left corner to the doors...

Edit: it seems that im encountering an error on your map. If you snap to grid then the rounded stairs don't work. Because you have rotated the teleport tokens they overlap meaning that when you step on one of them you are transported to the wrong place. E.g. try to use PadEnd 5 (with snap to grid) you will effectively be transported as if you stepped on PadStart 6. This because PadStart 6 is on top of PadEnd 5 (overlapping in the corner). There is no programming out of this one. If you want to use rotated images either:
1. do so in photoshop and then import them into MT
2. place a transparent token in that spot and make that the teleporter and the arrow token just as an indicator (e.g. name it Upstairs).

Also because the teleports are not snapped to the grid (perfectly aligned) tokens are transported in a 'weird' way when they ARE snapped to grid. Its best NOT to rotate teleport tokens at all and to make sure they are aligned to the grid.

edit: another tip for the stairs teleports: make the teleportspads smaller so you can only step on them when you are on the stairs.

RecklessEnthusiasm
Cave Troll

Re: New Map Pack - One Dollar Dungeons: Warlord's Watchtower

Post by RecklessEnthusiasm »

wolph42 wrote:you are a machine. Again very very nice! Also, nice touch with the doors. As an extra touch (maybe as update or for the next time). You could make the endPads at the doors (so when your looking inside) size 'Large' and align them at the upper left corner. This way when one 'steps back' you are also teleported back to the outside view.

So e.g. make the PadEnd 9 large. Then place it so that the upper left corner of the four square large token is in front of the token (dont enlarge PadStart 9). Now when a token steps to the door its transported to the inside view and when it steps back its transported to the outside view. This does unfortunately not work for doors on the East and South side as you can't align the upper left corner to the doors...

Edit: it seems that im encountering an error on your map. If you snap to grid then the rounded stairs don't work. Because you have rotated the teleport tokens they overlap meaning that when you step on one of them you are transported to the wrong place. E.g. try to use PadEnd 5 (with snap to grid) you will effectively be transported as if you stepped on PadStart 6. This because PadStart 6 is on top of PadEnd 5 (overlapping in the corner). There is no programming out of this one. If you want to use rotated images either:
1. do so in photoshop and then import them into MT
2. place a transparent token in that spot and make that the teleporter and the arrow token just as an indicator (e.g. name it Upstairs).

Also because the teleports are not snapped to the grid (perfectly aligned) tokens are transported in a 'weird' way when they ARE snapped to grid. Its best NOT to rotate teleport tokens at all and to make sure they are aligned to the grid.

edit: another tip for the stairs teleports: make the teleportspads smaller so you can only step on them when you are on the stairs.
Great tips! I have adjusted the problem pads, and will keep this stuff in mind for the future.

Return to “Links & External Resources”