New Map Pack - The Watchfire Keep

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

torstan
Great Wyrm

New Map Pack - The Watchfire Keep

Post by torstan »

This month sees the release of a map from the back pages of this month's Kobold Quarterly: The Watchfire Keep

This accompanies my adventure in the magazine "Who Watches the Watchfires" set in Open Design's world of Midgard - A capture the flag style adventure.

My plan was to create a simple, well defended Keep that could be used for a castle assault, or for adventurers to hold against the dark forces. The double gate on the entrance, crenellated walls and single wall over the steep cliff offer a selection of approaches and challenges to an invading force.

The map pack of the keep (available here on RPGNow and on Paizo) contains versions that allow you to use this in any type of game:
  • Multipage pdf for printing at home for tabletop use, in both international A4 and US letter format, in colour and printer friendly greyscale
  • High resolution jpgs with and without grid for use in VTTs or for poster printing
  • Maptool campaign file with vision and light implemented for quick use in OGL, Pathfinder or 4E games.
This could be a watchfire that provides a critical warning for an unsuspecting city or the starting keep for your players when they get their first castle. At $2.99 it'll be the cheapest first home purchase they'll ever consider.

Fold-n-Go Castle Kit #1

Now I know this is a vtt forum, but I can't help but mention a spin off product I worked on that came out today. Inspired by the Watchfire Keep, I teemed up with Brian Bartlow of Lone Tree Games and I challenged him to create a glueless modular castle kit that would be able to recreate the Watchfire Keep in glorious 3D. I'd say he succeeded!

The kit is a pdf pack of textured parts that can be cut out and folded together to create modular sections of a castle. With walls, towers, staircases, gate, houses and a working portcullis you have everything you could possibly want for your inaugural fort.

The kit is available on RPGNow and Paizo.

You can read more about both of these on my blog. Enjoy!

JML
Dragon

Re: New Map Pack - The Watchfire Keep

Post by JML »

Superb !!!

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

And you can show the picture "3D" version to the players so they really get the terrain structure !
Excellent.
ImageImageImageImage

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Exactly :) Though I've had a couple of requests for a proper side on view with elevations which would be pretty handy.

Return to “Links & External Resources”