Fantasy Mini Wargame Needs RPTool Community Help

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Tribal
Kobold

Fantasy Mini Wargame Needs RPTool Community Help

Post by Tribal »

Back around 2007 I was in the process of designing a fantasy miniature wargame to be used on Maptools. I had spoke to trevor about it at the time and I was hoping to have it be a compliment to the wonderful software here. Unfortunately life called and I had to go deal with it. Regardless, I set the game aside, knowing I would be back to finish it. And finally, that has become a reality. I started the design process back up last summer, and the system is pretty much set to go and ready for playtesting.

So, like the subject says, I am looking for help. All sorts of help ranging from playtesting, research / development / design, editing, artwork, RPTools specific help, and more. Basically, I have nearly reached the end of my rope and what I am capable of on my own, and to further this project I need your help. As far as MapTool goes, I have not used the system since 2007. I have been playing around with it a bit the past few days, and it don't look like there has been any huge GUI changes or anything. I am not familiar with all of its capabilities though, and am hoping that a few skilled MapTool users can help me tailor the game to make the most of the software. I want to create a 'partnership' of sorts, just like we had planned nearly 5 years ago. It does not look like trevor is too active anymore though, has somebody else stepped in as head design??

As for the game itself, it is designed for both online (via rptools) and offline use. It is a skirmish based wargame (you handle individual units, not large formations). Though it is a miniature game, it combines some CCG aesthetics (you do not use cards, only some ideas and mechanics from card games) for a unique spin on an old idea. The game has really been in the creation process since 1999, but was only focused on in short spurts as time allowed.

If you are interested, either reply here, or send me a PM. I do have a forum setup that contains all of the game info thus far, and allows me / us a place to discuss things. You could also go there and sign up (link below). Keep in mind that things are rough at this point, which is why I am looking for finishing help. Thanks! Hope to see you there.

-Morgan
-http://www.acskirmish.com

VisElEchNon
Cave Troll

Re: Fantasy Mini Wargame Needs RPTool Community Help

Post by VisElEchNon »

Okay, perfect timing on my end. I'm planning to run my players through a "Birthright" type campaign and I'll need a wargame system. Skirmish rules are fine by me, we can just suspend disbelief and say "This unit represents 100 units." or whatever.

So what I'm saying is: I'm in for the playtesting at the very least.

Return to “Links & External Resources”