Ventrilo

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

mikey
Giant

Ventrilo

Post by mikey »

Zoinks I did it Scoob, I got the stinkning program to work!

I am going to throw this up just to help out those guys like me, de de de!

Ventrilo has TWO aplications to download. I did not know this.

Client version which allows you to connect to a server, or to another system that is hosting the connection so you and your crew can talk to each other.

Server version allows your group to connect to YOUUUUU so YOOUUU can host the server.

If you want to run a game using Maptools and Inittools and want the aide of a free Voice over the internet software, then get Ventrilo. It was a free server and client program that can allow up to 8 people to commincate via voice.

Remember if you want to host the connection then you need to download and run the SERVER software.

If you are just going to connect to someone else then all you need is the client software.

Hopefuly this helps you out as I spent the last 2 months trying to figure out why I caouldnt get Ventrilo to work. I was trying to host the connection but was only using the client software.

Remember I have been infcted with the ID10T error!

Mikey :lol: :lol: :lol:

StitchesNM
Cave Troll

Post by StitchesNM »

Server version must be new, I have been a vent user for years, and you always had to have a server to connect into. Thats is definatley a neet version that they have put out. Saves a bit of cash or hunting down high traffic free servers.
Knowledge is Power! Feel the Power!

Michael Silverbane
Cave Troll

Post by Michael Silverbane »

Hey...

I've just gotten ventrilo server (to possibly use vent to replace skype for my group's VOIP)... But folks outside cannot connect to the server I'm running.

I'm already running the maptool server, so I know about port forwarding and whatnot, but I'm still having no luck.

Does anyone know if there's any extra steps that need to be taken to get the vent server to work?

I'm almost certain that the problem is with my router, since I can get a connection to the server from another computer on the same LAN, but cannot connect from outside the LAN.

Any advice on things that I should try (or things that I should avoid trying) to get this to work would be much appreciated.

Later
silver
It's a big world out there. Go tear it up.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Does Ventrilo allow for one to spontaneously chat with an individual or subset of individuals within a group?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Michael Silverbane wrote:I'm already running the maptool server, so I know about port forwarding and whatnot, but I'm still having no luck.

Does anyone know if there's any extra steps that need to be taken to get the vent server to work?
Did you make sure that both TCP & UDP are being forwarded to your server?

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Amaril wrote:Does Ventrilo allow for one to spontaneously chat with an individual or subset of individuals within a group?
Yes, it has side rooms where any number of users can go to chat without the others hearing.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Links & External Resources”