[TOOL] DnD 4E NPC Importer from DDI to maptools

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [TOOL] DnD 4E NPC Importer from DDI to maptools

Post by aliasmask »

This is a warning.

No matter what you've done to contribute to the community, it does not give you the right to denigrate other peoples work. This is not a competition and peoples work is taken as-is.

Second, refrain from personal attacks and characterizations. Flame wars will not be tolerated. Now everyone kiss and make up and play nice.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

*Holds up hands*
Ok, sorry. *sniff.

Waitaminute, kiss who exactly? I haven't really been paying attention lately and don't have a proper head-count... Lemme rethink this.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Put your hands down Longshot, he's talking to me. Sorry AM, just expressing my point of view as is my right in a free and democratic society. People have denigrated my work too and I have taken it in a constructive manner. I was just trying to help. It's unfortunate you saw it as a flame war.
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

No, just trying to stop one from occurring. We're all good. Just remember, language matters and often the tone of one's intent in lost in text. Razzing someone and making a vicious stab at someone's character is mostly defined by the person reading it and not the author. Lets keep criticisms constructive and if someone is trashing your work I'm perfectly willing to toss down the ban hammer. If you find someone being inappropriately harsh, feel free to report the post and express yourself. I only read a fraction of the posts and tossing up a red flag is sometimes needed.

You guys make some excellent tools for the community and everyone's work is appreciated.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Thanks for the perspective, AM. I hadn't really looked at it that way. For the record, I am waiving your gracious offer here:
aliasmask wrote: if someone is trashing your work I'm perfectly willing to toss down the ban hammer.
If someone wants to attack me and my work personally, I will do my best to resolve the situation peacefully without asking a moderator to step in. I can take harsh criticism and my stuff only gets better when I try to address grievances. If you wanna call my users names ... then that's a little different.

As for kissing and making up, I am now going to flame Kate Beckinsale. If I gotta kiss a hot, sexy brunette then that's the penance I'm willing to accept ... :D

Deadolus
Giant

Post by Deadolus »

OK Longshot, I am back at it. My players have been motoring through levels and tokens fast. The 100 token buffer I had is disappearing fast. I have 137 tokens left to build.

Are we still at version 3.00? Or have you been working on things behind the scenes?

How is the weather there? Today was -20 celsius (-4 fahrenheit). The snow covered ground is crunchy and squeaky.

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Well, my current version pulls character sheets from the dnd4e file. But it doesn't parse the powers into macros yet, just grabs the names. However, I haven't been working on that part yet because I've been kinda volunteering time for this fan group of The Dresden Files adding CGI effects to their fan films.

Still, if you see a bug, I can still look into the code and try to get you fixed up. Favored customer and all.

StarMan
Dragon

Post by StarMan »

Happy New Year, LS! Like I said, feel free to use my "Import PC dnd4e" macro as a guide if you want. It parses the XML and generates a plain text string list using "#" chars as delimiters. BTW, this string list contains pretty much everything from the dnd4e file including weapons, implements and magic items.

Magic item powers are converted to standard PH power card format for easier parsing by the "Import dnd4e Powers" macro. As you will see from the code there, it then calls "Import Magic Item", "Import PC Power" and "Import Mundane Weapon" based on the list element it finds. The appropriate powers and items are then generated into Rumble JSON format. Hope this helps …

Longshot
Giant

Post by Longshot »

Why thank you SM, and a happy new year to you too. Hope all is well over at MPB.

Return to “Links & External Resources”