Become a professional paid GameMaster

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Duvik
Giant

Become a professional paid GameMaster

Post by Duvik »

Hey all! Long time no post, but I've missed ya.

Ever since I started The Tangled Web 8 years ago I have struggled to find the solution to the biggest plague in online pen and paper gaming. Dead end games that fall apart after but a few sessions.

What it all boils down to us a lack of accountability on the parts of all parties involved in the game. So how can you make folks accountable for their actions online? Well, the answer is easy... put yer money where yer mouth is.

If players are paying a fair price for a seat at the table and the GMs are getting paid for their efforts, it's a win win situation all around. Everyone has something to lose if they don't show up on game night.

I have already seen a few GMs using this model for their games. One fella has even taken it so far as to quit his day job in order to run games full time.

He runs 8 sessions a week and loves his work... it's like play... it IS play...

So, over at The Tangled Web we have created an entire section devoted to pay to play games run by qualified prescreened Gamemasters. If you are interested in becoming a paid gamemaster or if you are a player looking for a serious and reliable game, come on over and check us out...

The Elite Array @ http://www.thetangledweb.net
Get Paid to Run Games! Check out The Elite Array at The Tangled Web

The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs that prefer to play online pen and paper style rpgs using freeware Virtual Gaming Tables like MapTool. Connect with Game Masters that need players or else recruit for your own game. Now offering pay to play games in addition to our free games! Run with a professional GameMaster and you can rest assured that the show will go on week after week.

Return to “Links & External Resources”