MOTE 1.0 Released (3-1-15)

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aliasmask
RPTools Team

MOTE 1.0 Released (3-1-15)

Post by aliasmask »

Building on the foundation of MapTool, the MOTE team has added their own spin to this VTT. They need people to test the beta public release to work out any kinks. They've added new features based on requests from the public to better serve the community. They've made it backwards compatible with MapTool so you don't have to rewrite the currently massive frameworks already out there. There may be some tweaking needed though. The toolbar has changed a bit but more or less looks and functions just like MapTool in most areas. Check it out.

http://idle-ideas.weebly.com/

Tanthos
Giant

Re: MOTE 1.0 Released (3-1-15)

Post by Tanthos »

Excellent. Following my game this weekend, I will begin to make the transition.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Interesting. I was able to load my most recent campaign file, and it was kind of cool that it mostly worked. One big thing I noticed right away is that macro groups on tokens are all out of order. Most macros worked, but a few didn't, generally involving nested {} braces.

Excited to see how this project develops going forward.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

paulstrait wrote:Interesting. I was able to load my most recent campaign file, and it was kind of cool that it mostly worked. One big thing I noticed right away is that macro groups on tokens are all out of order. Most macros worked, but a few didn't, generally involving nested {} braces.

Excited to see how this project develops going forward.
yeah noticed the group disorder as well. should be fixed in the next release. my biggest concern is that they won't support vbl macro manipulation (at least not for a while). But I keep testing and reporting, I'll judge when they're 'done', not before that.

Return to “Links & External Resources”