Online collectable miniature game (playtesters & help)

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Tribal
Kobold

Online collectable miniature game (playtesters & help)

Post by Tribal »

From the city streets below, countless shambling figures rose from the darkness. Forms that were once men now carried their flesh like baggage unwanted. Some carried none at all, shambling forward as skeletal remains, constantly sporting a sickly grin as they marched on. Gavin knew without even looking that his men cringed back in fear, knowing well that they were outnumbered at least ten to one. For they faced not just an army, but they faced an entire city of the undead.

Lifting his blade high, Gavin looked out upon the field seeing the powers that caused the army to march even now. Dark priests of a disease-ridden god, they laughed maniacally as they marched their enslaved army forward.

The soldiers slammed into the slowly moving corpses like a smashing wave. Weapons flailed about wildly as the battle surged around Gavin. To his left he saw only the faces of half decayed husks, to his right; he saw the cause of the great tide of evil. His blade smashed on one enemy after another, breaking their ranks as he rode forward. Arrows from unseen archers began striking his thick armor and bouncing away, the light kept him alive for this one purpose… vengeance.

The screams of his dying men rang in his ears; he had led them to such a fate, speaking to them of glorious battle, and victories for the light, which they had readily followed him for. Inches seemed like miles, and every enemy that fell was soon replaced by three more. There truly was no end to such an army… for even his own men began to rise to help their undead brethren. Ten, twenty, a hundred fell before him as he marched on, until finally he reached his destination, his arms weary from slaughter. The laughter of the diseased fiend chilled his soul, for even on his last moments of breath, the dark priest had no fear of him… or his light.
AC Skirmish is a collectible miniature game, also known as a CMG. Players build small armies using the collectible miniatures, known as e-figs, to skirmish with. What AC Skirmish is not, is a physical game. By that we mean that there are not actually any physical miniatures that you can pick up and look at. The miniatures in this game are called electronic figurines, or e-figs for short. Only the stats and abilities of the figures are listed in a mock 'stat card', and the game figures are represented by icons on a virtual tabletop.

The game mixes strong elements of both miniature gaming and CCG's, for a more unique experience.

I am currently looking for people who wish to help design, playtest, critique, and otherwise put in some idea's. Anyone who has good knowledge in Maptool is also useful in helping new players who may not be familiar with virtual tabletops, and particularly in port forwarding which always seem like an issue for new individuals).
Last edited by Tribal on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tribal
Kobold

Post by Tribal »

Forgot the link :oops:

You can see the forums for the game here:

http://www.acskirmish.com/forum

Hope to see you there!

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Is their an actual page for the game, not just the forum?
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Murgh Bpurn
Cave Troll

Post by Murgh Bpurn »

Would be nice to see some samples... :)

MB

Tribal
Kobold

Post by Tribal »

There is no page currently. Everything is run off of the forum and wiki, so there actually will be little use for an actual site. It may be something to consider in the future when the game is actually released and the site would have reason. I would just hate to spend the time creating a site that says everything that the forum or wiki already does. I can understand it from a 'veiwpoint' in that it looks nicer than forums, but I would rather focus my attention on the game itself at the moment.

Again, that is not to say there won't be a site, just not right away ;P

As for the samples, kinda the same thing. It's not a full game yet, and the rules are still being developed (or re-written really as the game has had several forms). Right now I am mainly looking for help in two main areas.

First, i am looking for people who have idea's or want to be a part of the development of the game. The rules are mostly written already, so I don't so much need the rules of the game, as I do suggestions on what may or may not work. Or better idea's on existing rules.

Secondly, anybody familiar with virtual tabletops is a huge help, to help possible future players get comfortable with them.

Basically though, just people who are interested in being active with the construction of the game and watching it build from the ground up. In about a week or so the rough rules layout will be set, and playtesting can start. I have about 15 e-figs done right now, and about another 100 or so 1/2 done. They are not hard to do, just kinda monotonous, lol.

Return to “Links & External Resources”