Kickstarter by Frank Mentzer - Worlds of Empyrea

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Kickstarter by Frank Mentzer - Worlds of Empyrea

Post by Xaelvaen »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ex ... escription

It's a campaign setting that will have multi-system compatibility. When you back, you can choose the system of your choosing, and get the campaign setting tailored for that (Savage Worlds, multiple editions of DnD, Pathfinder, etc).

For those of you who do not know, Mentzer is one of the classic creators from Dungeons and Dragons early years and Empyrea is a sister continent to Greyhawk. Give it a look and help us meet the goal and get this setting into print.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Kickstarter by Frank Mentzer - Worlds of Empyrea

Post by Full Bleed »

Aaaaand this thing imploded... for at least two reasons it seems...

1) It wasn't getting the support it needed, so he (Mentzer) cancelled it, claiming he wanted to support stores instead of using crowd funding. :roll:

2) He appears to be a moral disappointment with regard to his views on women and how he's treated some of them.

You can read about the broad strokes here and dig into the specifics through various links if you're interested.

Shame, really. I wasn't sure if they could pull off a quality 10 system release... let alone sure which system I'd want this in. But the oldskool, World-of-Greyhawk-adjacent feel was something I was going to keep an eye on.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: Kickstarter by Frank Mentzer - Worlds of Empyrea

Post by taustinoc »

Whatever other drama is going on, it was clear from the second day that there was no way in hell that Kickstarter was going to reach a quarter of a million bucks.

Return to “Links & External Resources”