Virtual RPG Escape Room in Maptool

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Virtual RPG Escape Room in Maptool

Post by wolph42 »

Dear all,

Herewith I'm blatantly plugging my first (and very likely 'only ever') paid publication ever:

Locked - a virtual RPG Escape Room
Front Cover (full size)
Locked Cover2.jpg
Locked Cover2.jpg (288.63 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
I've published a lot of fan material over the last few decades and as an experiment I thought to this time try a different approach: ask a bit of currency for it (EUR 4.99). It has taken me roughly a year to get this in the state it currently is, its been play-tested thoroughly and well received by said play-testers.

Locked is a virtual RPG escape room, meaning that its table top with GM to guide the process. Its completely system agnostic and takes place in a beautiful Victorian Mansion (created by Daniel Plowsav) and is of course supported in Maptool. If you want to see what funky stuff you can do in MT additionally to what I've created in the BoT then check it out.

The timer is set to 4 hours REAL TIME but of course YMWV. The groups I've put it through solved it from 2:30 upto 3:57

Note that MT is not required to play it, it supports the escape room, but it can also be used to play it completely online.

Should you buy it and like it, then please consider leaving a friendly review at DriveThru. (And should you think it sucks, then pls pm me with your rant :mrgreen: ) Many thanks.

The introduction story:

As you open up your eyes, uncertainty sweeps over you…
Where am I?
WHO am I?
You wake up in a warm, soft, luxurious bed and you are totally clueless where this bed is, nor how you get there, nor what people used to call you… thinking of people, there’s not a single face or name that you can call to mind. Your mind is a complete blank.
As you get up you notice a small note lying on the bed next to you:
“Grand Foyer, downstairs”
You walk to a mirror and notice that you are already dressed. You continue to the door. Other doors open up quite simultaneously as you open yours, only to reveal confused looks on faces of other (vaguely familiar?) people of whom you swiftly deduce that they are in the same situation as you are. A short conversation with the others reveals that they are indeed in the exact same state as you: clueless and confused, with a note telling them ‘Grand Foyer, downstairs’.
So down you go. Two big stairs lead down to the Grand Foyer ornate by two large chandeliers. The others gather here as well. Two things immediately pique your interest in the foyer:
A large double door decorated by four large impressive looking padlocks and a small ornate box on a stone column in front of it. The box is closed. On the box lies another note:
“Four locks”
“Four codes”
“Four numbers”
“Four hours”
As soon as you read the last word of the note you distinguish the sound of a ticking clock of which you are quite uncertain whether that sound was there already when you came down…

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Virtual RPG Escape Room in Maptool

Post by lmarkus001 »

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

nice, you actually found a copy! its funny though, after 2 years hearing nothing of this I all of a sudden received a $100 for the publication...go covid :D never expected to actually make money on this one

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I liked being able to support you! :-)

One comment -
This would be improved by having a written description of each room the game master could share. The imagery is great eye candy, but a brief paragraph would solidify the setting.

P.S. - This is functional with MapTool 1.7.0 but not 1.8b2.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

1.8 beta 2 is borked because of the isNumber() bug, among other things.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:38 am
I liked being able to support you! :-)

One comment -
This would be improved by having a written description of each room the game master could share. The imagery is great eye candy, but a brief paragraph would solidify the setting.

P.S. - This is functional with MapTool 1.7.0 but not 1.8b2.
thank you for the support and much more thank you for the feedback, thats actually the first feedback I got online :D.

Return to “Links & External Resources”