Yahoo Group encouraging using MapTools for the Serenity RPG

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Yahoo Group encouraging using MapTools for the Serenity RPG

Post by mrobviousjosh »

Hey Guys,
I don't mean to "spam" but I want to invite all of you to join my new Yahoo Group for the Serenity RPG (there wasn't one just for the RPG- the other one on there was just for creative writing/fan fiction and not the roleplaying game). This yahoo group is dedicated to sharing characters, NPCs, adventures, and, most importantly, helping you find both local and online players (utilizing RPTools, especially coupled with the free SKYPE program which allows you to make free computer to computer phone calls, including conference calls). I'm in need of some moderators too! Anyway, I hope this group can be of use to you and, again, I'm sorry to "spam" slightly. Thanks guys.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I may take a look at it later, once there is some content up so that I can gauge its value to me.

On a related note, I've said it multiple places elsewhere, Skype is not a good choice. If I were you, I would use Ventrillo. You'll find that it has fairly widespread usage among RPGers and is gaining popularity fairly quickly among others.

If you want to know why I suggest not using Skype, just do a search for Skype with my username as the poster. ;)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

Cool. The group was made for online players to find each other. I don't care what you use but RPTools and SKYPE were the tools I knew about so I suggested those. The group right now has a couple of official files (i.e. character sheet and index- both omitted from the first printing), a bunch of links for playing online (mostly the official game links, RPTools links, and SKYPE links), and some photos. Since I started the group yesterday, everything on there is what I've added. Anyway, please check it out and, if you're interested, I do need a couple of fellow moderators. :wink:

BTW, I will do that search finding out why you don't like SKYPE. Thanks for the heads up. :)

CuZnDragon
Kobold

Post by CuZnDragon »

RPMiller wrote:If I were you, I would use Ventrillo. You'll find that it has fairly widespread usage among RPGers and is gaining popularity fairly quickly among others.
Too bad Ventrillo doesn't have a Linux client....

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Our group uses teamspeak.

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

PillBox wrote:Our group uses teamspeak.
I'm going to have to try out these other programs! Regardless though, the group is for getting people together to play the Serenity RPG using virtual tabletops (regardless of which software you use). SO, anyone who's interested come join the group! :D

PillBox
Dragon

Post by PillBox »

Whats the link?

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

CuZnDragon wrote:
RPMiller wrote:If I were you, I would use Ventrillo. You'll find that it has fairly widespread usage among RPGers and is gaining popularity fairly quickly among others.
Too bad Ventrillo doesn't have a Linux client....
You could always run as the server. ;)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

PillBox wrote:Whats the link?
Whoops, sorry about that! Here's the link: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/serenityonlinerpg/

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Sounds great mrobviousjosh !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

trevor wrote:Sounds great mrobviousjosh !
Thanks Trevor. I've seen people on this board and others request that someone actually RUN the game and I figured that with that many people itching for a game, someone out there must be willing to run (or at least take turns doing so) and I was just trying to fill a void with something useful (like Maptools in the tabletop RPG realm). :)

Return to “Links & External Resources”