An RPG Sound Mixer - Syrinscape

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

dorpond
RPTools Team

An RPG Sound Mixer - Syrinscape

Post by dorpond »

I am a wacko when it comes to sound during my face to face games and I am totally fed up with RPGSoundmixer not supporting Vista. So as a result, I set out to find other mixers out there and stumbled across this free one:

http://syrinscape.com/home

It is very simple to operate; create a folder and place your sound files into it. Name the sound files to determine which mixing bank you want them in. That is it pretty much.

Not as powerful as I want but definitely a worthy mention. This product works well so far in Vista but is a Windows based application only. It looks like they are making a Mac version however.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

You do realize that if you mention things like this we're going to start asking you for sound galleries that we can download. ;)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

RPMiller wrote:You do realize that if you mention things like this we're going to start asking you for sound galleries that we can download. ;)
Heh, yeah, most of my material is stripped from games though - not sharable in the least.

The sounds that I did make in my studio however, I packaged up and sent to Trevor around a year ago so that we have sounds for Maptool when that gets implemented. :)

Really good stuff too - lots of ambient sounds like woods, forests, plains, storms - stuff I recorded with my field recorder and AKG microphone. Then of course I did a lot of other stuff like doors opening and closing, zombies, and other fun stuff.

Oh, and I also recorded just about every dice rolling configuration possible from one D4 to a whole handful of dice at once. That will eventually be for Maptools dice roller. :)

But that will have to wait until sound gets implemented in Maptool first. :P

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Awesome! And we can find this mythical collection of sounds where? :wink:
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Gah, I'm doing a immersion game this halloween I've been hitting party stores and grabbing "spooky sound" cds and using audacity to separate individual bits from the long tracks. (I've thought about some of the ones with lots of short tracks to start with, but I didn't find them until after I'd already started with the long track disks, and kinda need to not spend hordes more money)

I looked for evidence of something like this long before... wish I had found it... (since we're avoiding vista like the plague here.)
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

Return to “Links & External Resources”