Liquid Rescale GIMP plugin.

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Craig
Great Wyrm

Liquid Rescale GIMP plugin.

Post by Craig »

Hopefully those of you who are a lot better at drawing maps than I will be able to find some use for this.

http://liquidrescale.wikidot.com/

Essentially it analyzes your picture for "seams" so it can do a smarter resizing with less artifacts. But it comes with added bonuses such as being able to protect portions of the image so they are not scaled when you scale the rest of the image. Er my descriptions are not really doing it justice, just go have a look :)

There is also a very short tutorial

Lindharin
Dragon

Re: Liquid Rescale GIMP plugin.

Post by Lindharin »

Okay, that is probably the coolest graphics plugin I have ever seen. Thanks for pointing it out!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Nifty plugin.

Just found a site that said the CS4 will have a version of this installed. I haven't picked up cs4 yet, so I don't know if the feature actually made it in.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Malekith
Giant

Post by Malekith »

I recently aquired a version of CS4 master collection.
That is a very kool plugin and i'll definitely be looking out for it. I need to learn how to use the adobe items a bit then i'll let you know!
:D
I also want to know if there's a similar plugin for Paint.NET, anyone know?

Mal
Mal

Malekith
Giant

Post by Malekith »

ok, found out!
i read somewhere that the scale 'effect' does this automatically now in CS4 with options to add masks and retain skin tones (although im not sure if there is options for removal masks in it).
That is the scale effect, not resize image. i havent tried it yet (havent found a reason to :S) but if no one else has i'll feedback when i do :D

Mal
Mal

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Yeah it's pretty neat to play with in CS4. I took some wedding photos of some friends out in a landscape and really made it a lot bigger. I was shocked how well it worked.

You can also play with a web version here http://rsizr.com/

Return to “Links & External Resources”