4E Campaign and Combat Manager - Masterplan (Win Only)

Links to gaming-related tools and external resources. Feel free to promote your (RPG-related) sites here.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

palmer
Great Wyrm

4E Campaign and Combat Manager - Masterplan (Win Only)

Post by palmer »

http://www.habitualindolence.net/masterplan/

I was linked to this elsewhere. I personally have no need for it, but it does look to be very useful with a number of nifty features.

Free, Windows Only.

Bl4ckj4ck
Cave Troll

Re: 4E Campaign and Combat Manager - Masterplan (Win Only)

Post by Bl4ckj4ck »

This is pretty neat, but I'm just wondering why they didn't just do it in Java? I mean, it's fine for me, but I have some friends I'd love to introduce this to, but, you know... macs.

Anyways, this is pretty rad and looks like it could (and will) come in pretty handy. Thanks!

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Probably just didn't know how (that's not to say, "couldn't understand how," but "didn't know Java well enough and went with the language they knew").

Now...something like that would be an awesome addition to RPTools, if it was ported to Java (perhaps the RPTools team can woo the MasterPlan developer with sweet, sweet cookies).

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Interesting. They approach it from the opposite end from MT, MT goes from map to campaign details, and they go from campaign details to map.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Stitched
Dragon

Post by Stitched »

It has some really nice tools. The initiative tracker is quite nice and easy to manage. The automap creation tools, encounter creation, random treasure parcels, are all interesting additions.

The integration with DDI's Compendium is where it really shines. If someone could find a way to get all the monsters off there in a giant HTML collection (which Masterplan wants you to use), instead of one monster at a time, this would be really useful as a Campaign tracking tool.

The map tool, I couldn't comment on since I had no map tiles to play with at work. ;)

Bl4ckj4ck
Cave Troll

Post by Bl4ckj4ck »

I find the skill challenge events most useful. Provides you with appropriate DC's and lets you set primary and secondary skills.

I haven't checked to see if they use the errata'd DC's though. Seems like they keep up on that pretty well, though.

kazinsky
Giant

Post by kazinsky »

There was a fellow that made a couple of addins for Masterplan, one of which was a connector to DDI to harvest monsters.

Here is the site: http://jongoranson-org.web30.winsvr.net/Home.aspx

Btw, I use Masterplan heavily, from the adventure planning standpoint. The visual representation of the branches and options that I have set for the players, the encounter building tools and the treasure parcel and overall xp tracking are wonderful and innovative ways to look at my campaign.

I highly recommend this tool.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Would be nice if we could get some of those guys over here. A DDI integration plugin for MT would be awesome.

Return to “Links & External Resources”