RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 am 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Consider adding your availability as well, including time zone. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: [M&M 3E] LFP, Sundays, starting at 13:30 (CET/GMT +1)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am 
Having recently lost a player and seeking to expand the team, I’m looking for one or two new players for my Mutants & Masterminds game.
The group is currently comprised out of 4 people from different countries all over Europe, but we're all fluent in English.
Our games are usually on Sunday afternoons, although Saturdays are also possible on occasions.
The campaign is called Freedom Knights, it takes place in the main M&M setting, Freedom City, and everyone plays PL 10 superheroes.
Although M&M doesn’t really require a battle map I use Maptool to streamline combat and we use Skype for voice chat.
I don’t ask for much from my players, just a certain level of maturity, a love for roleplay and the superhero genre and a good sense of humor. :)

Take a look at the post below if you’re interested in seeing what kind of game it is.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Re: [M&M 3E] LFP, Sundays, starting at 13:30 (CET/GMT +1)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 pm 
Freedom Knights

Previously on Freedom Knights...

On a sunny afternoon in May of 2012 Freedom City was attacked by an army of robots. This happened while the Freedom League was engaged in a war in central Africa and for a moment it seemed like the few remaining defenders of the city couldn't possibly hold back this massive invasion force.
During this time of crisis five heroes banded together to fight this threat:
The Crimson Crow, a costumed detective, skilled martial artist and master diplomat.
Everyman, a highly intelligent gadgeteer who also happened to be a master of disguise.
Miss Remington, a mysterious woman with heightened strength and control over the hearts of weak willed men.
Vendetta, a deadly acrobatic warrior with many tricks up her sleeve.
And Volund, a genius inventor wearing a highly armed suit of armour.
Together they helped to defend Freedom City from the technological army and later also uncovered the truth behind the attack.
They discovered it was actually an elaborate diversion, meant to make the few remaining heroes look the other way while objects of great importance were stolen in different locations all over the city.
These objects were: A device that enhances psionic abilities, a mind transference device and several high tech machine parts. The team also learned that Dr. Marcy Crouch, the world's leading expert on meta-human physiology had also been kidnapped during the confusion.
After a thorough investigation they discovered that the parts that had been stolen could in theory be used to build a teleportation device, but how everything added up still eluded them.
Although it seemed like the new team of heroes was at a loss, the mastermind behind the attack wasn't taking any chances and put many kinds of obstacles in their way to impede their progress.
Together they faced many challenges but always emerged triumphant in the end.
Unfortunately, this all changed when they were suddenly betrayed by Vendetta, who turned out to be a mole put on the team by the mastermind. During their investigation they came to Circuit Maximus, an underground fighting ring for meta-humans operated by the Romans, an extremely wealthy crime family. There they were lead into an ambush and were captured.
During their captivity they were forced to fight for their survival in staged fights against several super-powered opponents. While they eventually escaped, the combined facts of their defeat and the betrayal of Vendetta proved a very bitter pill to swallow.
To make matters even worse they soon learned from their fellow superheroes that Freedom Hall, the headquarters of the Freedom League, had fallen to the army of the unknown mastermind and was now being occupied.
Ultimately, due to a joined venture between the Crimson Crow, Everyman, Miss Remington, Volund and the other remaining heroes of Freedom City, they managed to defeat the occupying force and retake Freedom Hall. There they learned that the group of supervillains had used the hall's teleportal to travel to the Centurion's Sanctum, the once secret base of Freedom City's greatest hero.
Unfortunately they had sabotaged the portal, rendering it unusable and the allied superheroes were forced to travel to the Sanctum in the Antarctic, using more conventional means.
With the help of A.E.G.I.S. they acquired a fast jet and continued the pursuit.
In the Sanctum they quickly learned that it was none other then August Roman who was the mastermind behind the plot. The once archenemy of the Centurion had grown old and decrepit and desperately was looking for a way to extend his life. With his allies he had travelled to his old nemesis's base to free the Alpha-Centurion, the Centurion's evil clone, from his imprisonment in the Zero Zone and to transfer his mind into his. This way, he not only planned to live forever, but also to also seize control of the Freedom League by posing as their erstwhile leader.
His ultimate goal was to make the League take a more active role, preventing crime before it happened instead of reacting to it, and he wanted to accomplish this by imposing his laws onto the world, since essentially no one could stand against the combined might of Earth's greatest superheroes.
Although his dreams of creating a new world order without conflict seemed promising, the team of heroes couldn't let him go through with it because in doing so he would undoubtedly become a dictator.
Unfortunately they were too late to stop the mind transference, but after a climactic battle with the newly empowered August Roman they managed to reactivate the Zero Zone portal and knock him into it, trapping him in the other dimension.

Ultimately the day was won, but not without a cost. Many allies had been lost in the conflict, among which the famous hero; Dr. Metropolis.
And with the negative media attention Miss Remington got because of her overaggressive methods it seem like there was too much distrust between them.
The Crimson Crow left the city on a secret mission and for a while it didn't seem like they were ever going to work together as a team again.
Fortunately the heroic witch; Seven, the Freedom League's leading expert in the field of magic, took Miss Remington under her wing and is teaching her how to be a better hero.
During a recent conflict in which Saturnalia Roman, the daughter of August Roman, staged the execution of several superheroes to lure the team into a trap, it looked like they were finally learning to work as a team.
While they weren't able to bring Saturnalia to justice, the hostages were rescued.
Afterwards Seven, Volund and Miss Remington, now having adopted the identity of Hildiss, commented on how well they worked together. Seven pointed out that with the Freedom League often being out of town to fight supervilians in other countries, the city was often being left undefended and a new team should be formed to remedy this.
Thus out of this idea the Freedom Knights were born!

And now with their latest new member, the patriotic heroine, Verity, the Freedom Knights are making the streets of Freedom City safe once more!

Help wanted!

Now that the newly formed Freedom Knights are down to four members they could desperately use more people to help defend Freedom City from all manners of threats.
While heroes like the members of the Freedom League are often flying around, saving the world from otherworldly invaders, the Knights usually keep things on a smaller scale.
Although the recent ordeal with August Roman was a bit of an exception to this rule, the newly formed team of heroes often find themselves dealing with threats that are literally more down to earth, like solving a string of murders that left the police baffled, stopping a megalomaniac inventor from blowing up the city or getting to the bottom of a conspiracy.
In time the Freedom Knights will undoubtedly become more popular with the common people because, unlike the Freedom League, they are more visible on the streets of the city.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:55 am 
The Freedom Knights are again looking for one or two new people to join their ranks.

PL has been bumped up to 11 though.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:30 pm 
I would love to be involved, I have played Mutants and Masterminds three times so far and each time have loved every second of it. I can RP over skype, using RPtools or whatever you wish to play. I just need to know what exactly the PL is, what are the requirements, motivations of the party and things like that. Let me know as soon as possible and I will do all I can to be in. email me at masterodellin@yahoo.com.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:57 am 
I found some new players, so recruitment is closed for the time being.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:19 pm 
We're again looking for one extra player to strengthen the team!
This time we're going to play a campaign where everyone plays super-villains!
The power level is 8 with the standard 120 pp. So you're not going to play an Injustice League or Masters of Evil-like group, because your character is most likely going to be a bit too weak to register on the radar of most big league superheroes. Instead your group is going to be a bit more like the Secret Six or, more recently, the Sinister Six from the Superior Foes of Spider-Man comic.
You'll be playing an up and coming super-villain who's trying to make a name for him or herself in Freedom City, a metropolis with a dangerously high population of superheroes.

At the moment the team consists of:

Mind Blade: A manipulative psion who excels at mind control.
Paradox: An emotionless time controller who hates meta-humans and has a strong, no killing code.
Scrapper: A one time mook who graduated to super-villain. Wields a high tech hammer with electromagnetic powers and is really good at fixing things.
Ghost Spider: A mysterious ninja who's on the run from his former masters.

Two of these characters don't have any powers that directly cause any damage, so I'd say the team could really use a heavy hitter of some sort.

Giant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:34 pm 
I am interested, and have the idea of an android/cyborg type character using machine guns for damage.

http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/a ... JWMhiD8zQM

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:39 am 
We've found our player, so recruitment is again closed for the time being.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Re: [M&M 3E] LFP, Saturdays, starting at 14:00 (CET/GMT +1)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:11 pm 
It's recruitment time again!
We're looking for one player to join our newest M&M campaign that takes place every other weekend!
The story takes place in a world of the GM's own design (not me for a change). It's a modern world much like our own, but recently the first superpowered beings have started appearing.
The world is in chaos! Everywhere superpowered criminals are suddenly crawling out of the woodworks and the authorities are powerless to stop them!
The world cries out for heroes!

The players take on the role of a recently formed, dysfunctional group of superheroes. I have to warn you that we were in a weird mood when we thought up our characters, so the team is a little...quirky.
It consists of:

Brian Cartwright: A surly wolfman with a temper problem who's both a skilled martial artist and an ingenious engineer.

El Gato Robot: The world's first combination of man and machine. A heroic figure from the second World War who looks like a robot with catlike ears. He's also Spanish.

The Amazing Dr. Fox: One of the world's best thieves. He's very quick on his feet and has many useful and mysterious powers. Unfortunately he's also a coward.

While I wouldn't say the game is completely ridiculous, it does get rather cartoony at times with corny dialogue, over the top heroic speeches (especially from El Gato Robot) and silly jokes. Oft times we have noted that our characters wouldn't feel out of place in the Tick cartoon.
Of course there's a lot of action too! They are crime fighters after all!

The power level is 10 with the standard 150 pp by the way.

If you want to hear for yourself what one of our sessions are like, I suggest you go listen for yourself. We record all of our games: http://radio-multiverse.tumblr.com/post ... their-time
(This is our second session, but I feel it's a better representation of what the game is like than the first one.)

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:28 am 
Oh and I forgot to mention that the group could really use someone who's good at ranged combat, since we're lacking in that aspect.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:39 am 
We found ourselves a new players, so recruitment is again closed.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]