RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:24 pm 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Consider adding your availability as well, including time zone. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: [Pathfinder] Looking for co-DM - Tuesday 17:00 GMT/12:00 EST
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:41 am 
Hello people, we got a group about to start some summer fun adventures. We already have about 4 people and we will probably play until the last week of September, starting the upcoming one.
We are looking for a co-DM cause preparing the adventure details is getting boring when you do it alone and the sessions get too heavy on trying to remember everything and forget to have fun.

Some more details :
We play Pathfinder.
The adventure is home brewed. We start at level 1.
We use skype for the sessions.
We play on Weekly basis, every Tuesday 17:00 GMT, 12:00 EST. Usuall duration around 3 hours.
Group's ages range from 17 to 26 and some of us are from Europe while others from north America (cool opportunity to meet people from all over).

The co-DM will be helping plan organize the sessions. I'm basically looking for someone to bounce ideas around and discuss all the details and goodies we can put in there. Basically DMing requires a lot of time and the worst part of it is doing it alone, I think it would be done a lot better and with much more fun with an other person.
In game, he may control some NPCs or one of us could control the interactions and the other the background events or perhaps we may found an other way to sepperate some things so neither of us has to keep too many things in their mind and just relax and role play.
But to be honest, this whole co-DM idea is something new for me too, perhaps we will have to find out how it works in practice.
But if you think about DMing, or even simply willing to try to explore Pathfinder in it's full potential instead of your typical dungeon crawling, then I truly think, it's worth a shot.
I also think that having 2 people for DMs could solve the reason why most people don't want to DM in the first place :p

If you need something else free to ask, everyone is welcome ;)

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]