RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 pm 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Consider adding your availability as well, including time zone. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: [M&M3e] Looking for one more player for teen superhero game
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:00 am 
Hello everyone

Radio Multiverse RPG is again recruiting!
This time for a Mutants & Masterminds 3e game called Stormbound, run with Maptool and Google Hangouts!
Unlike our Transformers game (we are still looking for one more player for that one too), this one is not going to be broadcast on Youtube. I will still be recording the play sessions though, but I will only start putting them online in case of a vacation or hiatus period during which we don't play any games. It could also be I'm never going to put them online.
If you want to use an alias to hide your true identity, that's not a problem.

(If you want to know more about our group and the games we play, check out https://www.youtube.com/user/radiomultiverse/)

ANYWAY!
We're currently looking for ONE more player to strengthen our team.
Read the information bellow to learn more about the game!

August 12th 2011 was the date everything changed.
Before this day Emerald City was a peaceful and prospering city, but after the Silver Storm nothing would ever be the same.
You and your friends were enjoying a nice, sunny day, browsing the shops on Yellow Brick Row, Emerald's highly popular shopping district, when out of nowhere, a wave of silvery energy struck.
Suddenly your body was transformed and you were imbued with superhuman abilities.
Your life was changed forever.

Unfortunately, shortly afterwards, mass panic erupted in Emerald City.
All over town the stormers, as the media had started calling the new superhumans, were causing destruction and mayhem. And the citizens looked to their leaders for help.
Then AEGIS, a governmental agency for dealing with superhuman threats, stepped in.
Wanting to prevent the crisis from getting even further out of hand, the agency started arresting stormers en masse. If someone looked inhuman or was showing off strange powers they would get arrested, no questions asked. Including you.
But shortly after you had been loaded into an AEGIS containment van and shipped off towards their base, something unexpected happened. The van was suddenly attacked and as a high pitched, ear-bleeding noise passed through your brain, you blacked out.

A little while later you woke up far away from the city, greeted by people who claimed they were in the same boat as you. Freaks and outcasts who were feared by the general populace because of their strange abilities. Wanting to give you a fighting chance in a new world that distrusts you, they offer you training to learn to defend yourself and control your newfound abilities.
That's how it all began…

In Stormbound you play a teenage resident of Emerald City who has recently awoken to their superhuman abilities after the event known as the Silver Storm.
If you really want you can also play a non-stormer, but you will have to have a very good explanation on how they tie into the plot.
The first story arc will focus on the fists couple of months following the event, as your character is trained by their mysterious rescuers.
But even though you start as fledglings, eventually you will go off on your own and form your own superhero team, without adults looking over your shoulders.
The power level is 8 but you only get 100 power points, instead of 120. The idea is that you start off as inexperienced teenagers, so the pp total reflects that. But don’t worry, I intend to be very generous with awarding pp in this campaign.
The campaign takes an almost sandbox-like approach as the players get a big say in how the story unfolds. Sessions will often end with me sowing a few story seeds here and there and then asking the players what they want to do next time (unless of course the story from that session hasn’t been resolved yet).
Before the start of the actual game we are going to get together for a pre-game planning session, during which you’ll make your characters, decide on where in the city they live and go to school and find out what kind of stories, supporting characters and villains everyone is interested in. For this planning session I want you to come up with at least two character concepts. They don’t need to be fully fleshed out, just general concepts of what they are like and what their abilities are. The reason for this being that you’ll be creating a teen superhero TEAM. In order to be a good team, you all need to get along. If the other players don’t like the character you’re playing, that’s going to be a problem. So that’s why you should prepare at least a couple, to be on the safe side.
I’d also like you to know at least the basics of the layout of the city. This is necessary when we start talking about where your character lives and goes to school. No worries, I have the pdf of the Emerald City Player’s Guide and I’ll make sure you get it before the start of the game.
This planning session will most likely be on the 25th of February, starting around 18:30 GMT+1 .

One final note though: I'm looking for a player who's open-minded with a good sense of humour. Anybody with opinions that might be regarded as racist, homophobic or otherwise offensive, please, do not apply.

Thank you for reading!

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Re: [M&M3e] Looking for one more player for teen superhero g
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm 
We found our one more, so recruitment is closed for the time being.
Thank you very much!

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Re: [M&M3e] Looking for one more player for teen superhero g
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:22 pm 
Never mind, the player I had found won't be able to make it, so we're again looking for a new player!

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]