RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 pm 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Consider adding your availability as well, including time zone. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

Post subject: Rookie looking to learn.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:00 pm 
Hi there, mates.

My name is Thelo and I'm quite new to RPTools. I've been trying to get the hang of MapTool for a while now but I'm quite overwhelmed at the moment. I was looking forward to using them to DM some games with my friends and I wondered if I could join some game to understand the mechanics from the player point of view.

I'm an old RPG player and, although English is not my mother tongue (Spanish it is), I defend myself relatively well in that language. Worked in Scotland for a year, in Edinburgh.

So well, I'd be really willing to join a friendly virtual table to play any game you might offer. I'm creative and very supportive and I'd try hard to fit in.

Hope there is some kind DM out there who doesn't mind teaching a few things to a rookie.

See you soon! :)

User avatar  Offline
TheBard

Post subject: Re: Rookie looking to learn.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:14 pm 
We have a game that runs on Tuesday Nights at 8:00 p.m. United States Central Time Zone if you want to play.

The game system is Savage Worlds and the genre is mercenary science fiction. Send me a private message if you're interested in joining.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 pm 
Well, I would certainly be interested, though I am afraid I can't fully commit to a game during working days due to working shifts. One week evenings, one week mornings. I'm sure it's not good for your game to have an intermittent player like I would be. And don't get me wrong, I would love to join your game. I just don't want to be a bad player or give a bad impression of myself. It has to be weekends for me, should have mentioned that before.

Lots of thanks for the answer anyway, RPTroll.

Cheers.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:08 pm 
I'm running a Pathfinder game on Saturday nights, looking for a new player. We play 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm Central time. Drop me a line if interested and I'll fill you in on the details.

User avatar  Offline
Kobold

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:15 am 
I won't be available next weekend, so if it's still up for the one after, I'll be happy to join. Thanks for the offer. :)

Kobold

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:48 pm 
Private message with a few more details sent!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]