RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:44 pm 

Forum rules

When posting in these forums, please put the Game system and Version in your thread title. Consider adding your availability as well, including time zone. Non-conforming posts are subject to deletion.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

Post subject: READ ME BEFORE POSTING
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:26 am 
Please put the game system that you're interested in playing or refereeing into the subject title of your thread. Include the version of the game system as well. Note that some game systems have their own subforums -- if that's the case, please use those subforums for your post, but these rules still apply.

If you're looking for a group and you're willing to play any game system, put "ANY" in the subject title, perhaps so that it looks like this:

[ANY] LFG: weekends only

which indicates that you're looking for a group ("LFG") but can only play on weekends. The word "ANY" means you're not particular as to the game system used. You can also use the word ANY in combinations:

[ANY D&D] LFP: four needed, Wednesday night, 6-10 EST

That means the game system will be D&D, but since you're looking for players ("LFP") the "ANY" indicates that the version hasn't been chosen yet. Perhaps it will be based on player preference?

Note that I put 6-10 EST in my example. It's probably better to use ET instead of EST, since EST is specifically NOT daylight saving time. Be careful using GMT values, since Eastern Time in the U.S. is GMT-5 during EST and GMT-4 in EDT. (Yes, GMT does not change when daylight saving time does. It wouldn't be a very universal time if it did, eh? ;))

I plan to enforce this pretty strictly. If your post disappears, this is probably why. Your posts asking why your posts were deleted will probably also be deleted since they don't belong in this forum! :roll: Of course, you won't know any of that unless you read this message. Sort of a Catch-22, eh? I suggest checking each forum for a "READ ME" sticky before posting.

2009-03-21: Added info about subforums.

Last edited by Azhrei on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Added info about subforums.

User avatar  Offline
Demigod

Post subject: Re: READ ME BEFORE POSTING
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 pm 
You may also want to point out that there are subforums for a few of the systems and those should be used as appropriate. I am all for adding other systems in as they are mentioned just to add an additional level of filtering. :)

ImageImage

Cave Troll

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:57 am 
As an international (i.e. non-US) player, I'm finding it hard to locate games that I could fit into, as nearly every post fails to give any timezone information.

I would recommend that all posts have, in their title, the timezone the game is based in. It would make it far easier to find games in appropriate timezones - should any exist.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:27 am 
They are supposed to already.

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:56 pm 
Yes, I've started enforcing this more. For new posters I've been disapproving their first post(s) if they don't adhere to the forum rules. For the existing users I've started sending them a note that their thread doesn't conform to the forum rules. The rules themselves actually say that the thread will simply be deleted, but I'd like a gentler approach ... it just that the "gentle" approach takes more time on my part and I don't want to do take that time. :|

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]