How do I change to footprints on path

Doc requests, organization, and submissions

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

How do I change to footprints on path

Post by Beowulfe »

Is there a way to change the movement path to show foot prints instead of just a line?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: How do I change to footprints on path

Post by CoveredInFish »

No. Not out of the box. My movePad-macro set does a footprint path and I think aliasmask was working on laying out footprints using the onTokenMove event.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

I assume by line you are using gridless map types. Hex and square highlight the entire cell being passed through.

For Hex and Square, you could replace the image used inside the zip file with your own custom image if you really want, but of course, it would not rotate with the direction of movement or anything like that. If I am seeing this correctly, the images are located in the zip file net\rptools\maptool\client\image, the files hexBorder.png and whiteBorder.png depending on your grid style of course.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

What I currently have does lay down foot prints for gridless, but doesn't work for different sized tokens very well. For example, large creature foot prints are in upper left corner of path, but that would be easy to adjust.

Right now, my main difficulty is deciding the circumstance to put down foot prints. I was concentrating on having initiative to show the path. In fact, if you don't have initiative and there is initiative active, then you can't move your token (unless you're the gm). The part I like best about what I've done so far is movement blocking when trying to cut a corner, or go through exposed FOW, but through VBL. That is also blocked. But it is based on center to center of token. That's because Wiki: canSeeToken() is based on center of source.

I'll attach what I have so far, which isn't all that much, but I don't plan on working on it more anytime soon. If anyone else finds anything there useful, feel free to snag. As you can see from the name, this actually started off as me just testing out copyToken but lead to a tangent.
Attachments
TestCopyToken.cmpgn
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 141 times

Return to “Documentation Requests/Discussion”